ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

Hmm...I know I'm not the target audience for this, but I think it's got potential. A couple of things have me worried, though.

First, the factual errors. There aren't many of these, but there are a few scattered about. If you're speculating, sure, go to town...but if you're talking about facts, they should be correct. The most glaring, to me, was Mav's assertion that popular animes often got music video collections. Oh really? Can you name more than three? I know I can't. (And Mospeada didn't get one because it was "popular"...check Robotech Art 1 for more details.)

Second, if you're going to talk about Love, Live, Alive, you might want to make sure you get the title right...it'll make you look better. :laugh:

Third, talking about "Robotech Fan's" "bragging rights" on iTunes. Perahps that podcast gets a lot more downloads than all the other Robotech podcasts, but Memo fails to note that the only reason it does is because the host illegally uploaded a bunch of Macross Frontier songs, and iTunes listeners are downloading those, which obviously inflates that podcast's download numbers. (And don't take my word for it, if you've got iTunes, you can easily check: go to the iTunes store, type "dougbendo" into the search box, and see. On any given day, most of the top twenty downloads will be Macross F songs.) I know Memo knows all this, because he and I have been talking about it. To his credit, he never comes out and LIES about it on the podcast, but it's still rather deceptive.

Now, obviously, untrustworthy hosts can still make an entertaining show...but they can't make an authoritative one. If you want people to take you seriously, you should probably do the research before you speak. Or else stick solely to speculation.
13 years 3 months ago #14283

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

Gubaba wrote:

Hmm...I know I'm not the target audience for this, but I think it's got potential. A couple of things have me worried, though.

First, the factual errors. There aren't many of these, but there are a few scattered about. If you're speculating, sure, go to town...but if you're talking about facts, they should be correct. The most glaring, to me, was Mav's assertion that popular animes often got music video collections. Oh really? Can you name more than three? I know I can't. (And Mospeada didn't get one because it was "popular"...check Robotech Art 1 for more details.)

Second, if you're going to talk about Love, Live, Alive, you might want to make sure you get the title right...it'll make you look better. :laugh:

Third, talking about "Robotech Fan's" "bragging rights" on iTunes. Perahps that podcast gets a lot more downloads than all the other Robotech podcasts, but Memo fails to note that the only reason it does is because the host illegally uploaded a bunch of Macross Frontier songs, and iTunes listeners are downloading those, which obviously inflates that podcast's download numbers. (And don't take my word for it, if you've got iTunes, you can easily check: go to the iTunes store, type "dougbendo" into the search box, and see. On any given day, most of the top twenty downloads will be Macross F songs.) I know Memo knows all this, because he and I have been talking about it. To his credit, he never comes out and LIES about it on the podcast, but it's still rather deceptive.

Now, obviously, untrustworthy hosts can still make an entertaining show...but they can't make an authoritative one. If you want people to take you seriously, you should probably do the research before you speak. Or else stick solely to speculation.

THANKS GUBABA. COMENTS ARE WELCOMED AND WE WILL RESPOND ON THE PODCAST. SO STAY TUNED!!!

NOW FOR OUR NEXT SHOW!!!!

WORKING WITH LANCER TO GET SOME OF HIS RLAM THOUGHTS ON CAST. OOOOH YEAH!.

DATE LOOKS LIKE SUNDAY IS WORKING OUT FOR THE BOTH OF US. SO ME AND MAV WILL SCHEDULE THE SHOWS ON THAT DAY. NOT SURE IF IT WILL BE EVERY SUNDAY BUT WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN FIT IN.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 3 months ago #14284

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

Sounds good.

If you need any help, idea's or anything for future podcasts let me know! I'm always willing to lend a hand, albeit limited as I'm spending most of this year in the 'Stan
13 years 3 months ago #14286

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

khoroshen wrote:

Sounds good.

If you need any help, idea's or anything for future podcasts let me know! I'm always willing to lend a hand, albeit limited as I'm spending most of this year in the 'Stan

DUDE, BRING THEM ON. I LIKE TO JUST CHAT AWAY WITH WHAT FANS WANT TO TALK ABOUT. YOU HAVE SOMETHING IN MIND THEN JUMP IN.

ALSO GET A LOG IN NAME THAT WAY WE CAN PUT YOU AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE WITH QUESTIONS AND WHAT NOT WITH GUESTS. JUST WANT TO NOT LOOSE TRACK WHO IS WHO.
13 years 3 months ago #14288

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

Here is a suggestion. Instead of having people sign up with new usernames why not just open up the chat room that already exists on RTX and have people join there at the time of the podcast.

Finally got around to listening to the podcast. Not bad but here is a suggestion I make to everyone. SHORTEN IT UP! You should strive for 30 minute shows, anything over an hour is a bit much.

I second Gubaba on the "top Robotech podcast." I did do a search and noticed Macross songs in the podcast. Now MEMO we do not approve of illegally uploaded copyrighted material right? JT's Protoculture Times podcast is rated highly as well.

AGain, I'm hopeful that this podcast will be in the middle for the benefit of the fandom.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 3 months ago #14289

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

SIGHUP wrote:

I second Gubaba on the "top Robotech podcast." I did do a search and noticed Macross songs in the podcast. Now MEMO we do not approve of illegally uploaded copyrighted material right? JT's Protoculture Times podcast is rated highly as well.

I'm honestly not trying to hijack the thread here, but I think this needs a little bit of emphasis.

Snapshots of Dougbendo's popularity count, taken just a few minutes ago:

You'll notice that an authentic podcast is no longer even in the top ten. That's taken up ENTIRELY by illegally-uploaded Macross F songs.

Oh here he is...clocking in at #11, with three "popularity bars." Also at 16 and 17, with two bars each.

And after #29, the popularity bars stop. So that's 21 Macross F songs, and eight actual podcasts.

And first I was wondering why the illegally-uploaded Macross F songs were even there, but after looking at just how many downloads they get compared to his original material, I think the answer is clear as glass.

Okay, back on topic...

SIGHUP wrote:

Finally got around to listening to the podcast. Not bad but here is a suggestion I make to everyone. SHORTEN IT UP! You should strive for 30 minute shows, anything over an hour is a bit much.

30 minutes is pretty short, especially if it's going to be a call-in show. But yeah...more than an hour is a lot, and if it runs that long, it should probably be divided into segments so that one doesn't have to fiddle with one's iPod trying to find the place where they left off.
13 years 3 months ago #14293

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

SIGHUP wrote:

Here is a suggestion. Instead of having people sign up with new usernames why not just open up the chat room that already exists on RTX and have people join there at the time of the podcast.

GOOD IDEA. WILL MONITOR BOTH CHATS. THE ONE IN THE PODCAST AND HERE. BUT WONT PROMISE I CAN KEEP UP WITH THE CHAT. SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IF I DON'T GET TO YOU ON TIME.

KINDA HARD WHEN EVERYONE WANTS A SAY OR LET THEIR OPINION OUT. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP IT MINIMAL BUT WE DOING THE SHOW ON THE FLY.

OF COURSE NOT. SO IF GUBABA HAS SOMETHING WITH DOUG I SUGGEST HE SHOULD TAKE IT UP WITH HIM IN HIS SHOW. NOW DID YOU DO A "ROBOTECH" ONLY SEARCH? AND WHAT YOU GET? SINCE WE ARE ABOUT ROBOTECH.

AGain, I'm hopeful that this podcast will be in the middle for the benefit of the fandom.

IT WILL BE UP TO THE LISTENER WHAT DRIVES THE PODCAST.

OK, ADDING A CALL IN FOR THE PODCAST AT THE FIRS POST OF THIS THREAD.
13 years 3 months ago #14294

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!

I might have jumped the gun as far as 30 minutes, but anything over an hour is long.

Take note from the Engadget podcast, they have a great show. They use UStream to do the show and people chat on a channel.

MEMO you don't necessarily need to answer EVERYONE in the chat, just whatever stands out. Obviously its very difficult to talk and read 100 lines at once.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
13 years 3 months ago #14295

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

OF COURSE NOT. SO IF GUBABA HAS SOMETHING WITH DOUG I SUGGEST HE SHOULD TAKE IT UP WITH HIM IN HIS SHOW.

Nah, LOL. Bendo's too small-time for me. And it's not like he's never asked me to be on his show before...he has. Several times. My question is always, what's in it for me?

Although you're giving me an idea...let me get back to you.

SIGHUP wrote:

I might have jumped the gun as far as 30 minutes, but anything over an hour is long.

As for podcast length, I personally think that "album-length" is a good measure, especially if the show is weekly. That is, half-an-hour is short, forty-five minutes is a good average, and anything over 74 minutes should be discouraged unless you're The Beatles, pre-1967 Bob Dylan, or the Clash.

Besides, if you answer everyone's questions in the first episode, what'll be left to tal about in the second?
13 years 3 months ago #14301

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!

MEMO and Mav you guys better record "there is nothing new in Robotech right now" since you'll be saying that every podcast.

This is nit-picking here but Mav the way you say "Proh-ject" us annoying to me, lol.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by SIGHUP.
13 years 3 months ago #14311

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds