Robotech New Generation Armor, Weapons and Mecha

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by insomniac009 on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Oops, I think there is a missunderstanding. My son is in the CVR-3 armor. Chris Lee is the one in the Cyclone armor and is not my son.

Chris Lee did a hell of a job on that Cyclone armor, I hope he ends up doing more work on it some day.

BTW- I'll post some more pictures of my son's CVR-3 Armor next week once I get the legs done. They are turning out to be the hardest part of the armor to make. Just getting the proportions right is a challange and I'm not going to make the foot portion of the shoes super big like the anime depicts them (guess they need to be big to support the cyclone on the back).

Anybody have any ideas on how to do the feet let me know. I might take a trip to the Surplus store to see if they have anything I could use.
14 years 6 months ago #7155

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Still working away on this thing. We just started painting the armor with liquid latex last night but I snapped a few pics of my son wearing the whole get-up so you could all see it. I decided not to do the feet just because it seemed to ungainly unless you had some kind of powered assist to help you walk.

Follow the links below.

i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/insomniac009/1027091912.jpg

i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/insomniac009/1027091910a.jpg

At this rate I should have it done by Friday. He wanted to wear it at his school's Halloween parade but I'm not sure if that's going to happen since it takes some assistance to get it on.

I'll send some more pics once I get everything latexed. At some point I want to set up a website to show everyone how to make these things so hopefully by the time Wonder Con starts there might be few more people in the crowd sporting CVR armor.

Enjoy
14 years 5 months ago #7257

Yay, Halloween is over. Following the link to check out the final costume-

s1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/insomniac009/

I managed to barely get it done in time for Trick r Treat time. The thing that killed me was the paint. It didn't have time to set considering I was putting on one coat of paint the night before and we happened to have a particularly dew-ie night. To my surprise things were still a bit wet in the morning but I was able to smoothe out any paint runs that day and get it all under a fan to get it dried. The decals used were made up by my buddy but I had to print it out and on label stock and glue it to the suit. Turned out pretty good if you ask me. I'll work up a wiki page so you all can see what was done and make your own some day. Hope to see some of you at Wonder Con or San Diego Comic Con next year. 8>)
14 years 5 months ago #7455

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Oh wow, very nicely done. Looks. If you go to comic con you'll have to stop by the RTX booth
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 5 months ago #7457

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

VERY NICE MAN. GOOD WORK.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #7463

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

WOW. LET THIS PROJECT SLIDE.

SORRY I TOOK LONG IN REPLYING. BEEN TO BUSY AFTER SON OPERATION THAT I HAD TO PUT A FEW THINGS ON THE SIDE.

KNOWING WE JUST ABOUT 6 MONTHS AWAY FROM AX AND COMIC CON WANTED TO GET WITH EVERYONE HERE TO SEE WHO STILL AROUND.

WHERE I STAND

WE JUST HAVE THE REFERENCE HERE AND WE JUST NEED TO PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER TO MAKE SOME GOOD CVR ARMOR.

I HAVE A FEW REFERENCE LINKS THAT I WAS PROVIDED ON FAST FORWARDING OUR PROJECT FROM ZERO. THE BEST IDEA I GOT IS AN ALL SIZE SUIT. WHERE ONE GETS TO CUT OUT EXCESS OF A UNIFORM/PLASTIC TO MAKE IT FIT. STORM TROOPERS ALREADY DOING THIS. SAVES TIME, MONEY AND COST.
14 years 3 months ago #8981

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

JUST A HEADS UP THAT THERE IS WORK BEING DONE ON THE 3D VERSION OF IT AND HOPE PRINT PLASTIC MOLDS OUT THROUGH A PLASTIC PRINTER.

THIS WAY WE CAN START MAKING THE MOLDS TO MAKE THE ARMORS.

WILL POST PICS UP AS SOON AS THE MODELS ARE DONE.

WE ALSO DOING MODELS FOR THE WEAPONS.

HOPE WE HAVE MOLDS BY END OF MARCH AND START WORKING ON THE ARMORS. WE WILL USE THIS FOR THE FANS THAT WANT TO CONTRIBUTE AT COMIC CON TO WEAR AROUND THE CON.

ALSO THANKS FOR THE ILLUSTRATIONS SUBMITTED.

WILL BE GETTING IN TOUCH WITH HG SINCE WE MIGHT NEED AN OK TO GET SOME PATCHES AND STICKERS.
14 years 1 month ago #10472

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

WE GOT MORE SOURCE MATERIAL FROM GEORGE AND TOMMY AS WELL. WITH EVERYONE'S PULL OF INFO WE ARE GOING A LITTLE OF BOTH FROM THE DESIGNS OF THE MPC TOY AND WHAT CAN WORK TO WEAR AT THE CON. NOT TO MUCH IN THE ANIME LOOK LIKE BUT JUST ENOUGH TO MOVE AROUND.

DARTILLION IS ALREADY COMING UP WITH IDEAS TO TACKLE MUCH OF THE CONSTRUCTION AND USING SOME PROP MOVIE INSIDERS.
THANKS TO MARK WARLOCK FOR SOME PLASTIC MAKING DVD'S AS WELL. AND LOT OF YOUTUBE.

HEHEHE
13 years 5 months ago #13799

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Joe Bergman with CVR3 Armor, transformable Cyclone, and weapons:

"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 5 months ago #13802
Attachments:

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ONE OF THE BEST COSTUMES I HAVE SEEN. JUST WOW.

THAT SURE LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF WORK WAS PUT INTO IT. AND GOOD FOR POSING FOR PICTURE SHOTS AS IT IS THE CLOSEST TO THE REAL ANIME FEEL.

PROBLEM WOULD BE FOR CONS LIKE THAT OF SAN DIEGO COMIC CON WHERE WALKING AROUND THE CON WOULD BE JUST ABOUT HARD AND DIFFICULT AND LOOKING LIKE IF YOU NEED TO TAKE A DUMP ALL THE TIME. NOT IMPOSSIBLE BUT WITHIN AN HOUR YOU WILL SWEAT UP A STORM AND TIRE OUT THE BODY.

OF COURSE THERE ARE WAY TO GET AROUND IT WITH NEW CREATING TECHNIQUES AND MAKE THE COSTUME SIMPLER.

THANKS RTSURFER. THIS SURE SURES AS A VIEWING OF HOW TO WORK AROUND SUCH CORNERS.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE AS WELL. GREAT COSTUME BUT AT THE SAME TIME HARD TO WALK.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 5 months ago #13804

Time to create page: 0.631 seconds