Robotech Live Action Movie

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Robotech Live Action Movie

TRUE,
BUT STILL DID NOT STOPPED LUCAS ON DOING HIS PREQUILS AND HAVING HAN SHOOT FORS IN THE CANTINA.

IT WILL BE INTRESTING. THERE PROBABLY BE RUMORS OF DIRECTORS THAT SPOKE TO THE PRODUCTION TEAM BUT UNTIL ONE IS ANOUNCED OFFICIALLY THEN WE CAN JUST SPECULATE HOW THE OUTCOME WILL BE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
9 years 1 week ago #21192

Please Log in to join the conversation.

November 12, 2015 4:00pm PT by Borys Kit

'Aquaman' Hooks New Writer (Exclusive)
www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/aq...ks-new-writer-839787

James Wan is on board to direct the movie based on the DC superhero.

David Leslie Johnson has been hired to write Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on the water-breathing DC Entertainment superhero character.

James Wan is developing and on board to direct the title, which has Jason Momoa attached to star as King Atlantis for the movie, which is swimming towards a 2018 release.

What is unclear is the extent of Johnson’s involvement. The project was being developed on dual tracks with writers Will Beall and Kurt Johnstad penning separate scripts.

One source said that Johnson would be a third rail on the development track however several sources said Johnson is working with Wan to streamline the project. Warners had no comment.

Johnson, whose early breaks included a stint as Frank Darabont’s assistant, is a Warners' favorite having worked on the studio’s Wrath of the Titans and Red Riding Hood.

He is also already well acquainted with Wan as he worked on The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist, which Wan is currently directing.

Johnson is repped by Paradigm and Behr and Abramson.

WELL, WITH AQUAMAN HAVING TROUBLE WITH WRITERS, WONDER IF CONJURING 2 WRITER WILL HAVE BETTER LUCK. IF ALL TURNS OUT GOOD FOR TEAM AQUAMAN, ROBOTECH WILL SURE BE SECOND IN FILMING PUTTING IT IN PRODUCTION TILL MIDDLE OR LATE 2017. THAT WILL MEAN NOTHING COMING OUT OF HG SINCE THEY ALREADY SAID THEY WAITING ON THE RLAM BEFORE THEY MOVE ON ANYTHING ELSE. SO MAYBE NOTHING FOR CONS OTHER THAN NEW COMIC. MAYBE HG CAN WORK ON A ROBOTECH ACADEMY PRELUDE COMIC.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
8 years 5 months ago #21539

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Robotech Live Action Movie

I'm really not too terribly optimistic about the future of the DC Universe. There's a reason why Batman is one of their most iconic characters: it's because he's human. That makes him relatable, as opposed to the numerous other DC Superheros who are either Gods or aliens. But even this is subjective, as DC has stated that "Bruce Wayne is the Mask".

The only reason Superman is relatable is because he was raised by humans, and has human values, which is what he defends against his own kind. So Superman exists in this middle ground kind of grey area in that regard. Incidentally, this also holds true for the Autobots in Transformers, and Robotech characters such as Miriya, Zor Prime, and Sera. They all come to embrace human values, and defend them against their former allies.

Aquaman is the God of Atlantis. Who cares?

The reason Robotech has endured for so long as a cult classic is precisely because the story is not about giant transforming robots; rather it is about human beings who just so happen to HAVE giant robots. The focus was never on the robots. Even the respective aliens of each saga, the Zentraedi, Zor Prime, and Ariel, Sera, even Corg, are all humanized, and express very human qualities. You can connect with any of these characters because you can understand them.

This is exactly why the Marvel Universe is doing so well. All of the characters have a human component. Thor aside, but we have seen that he is not perfect or infallible, so he gets a pass here as well. The human characters of Marvel aspire to be greater than their selves, whereas the God/alien characters of DC pretend to be less than what they are. Marvel is about ordinary humans who do extraordinary things; DC is about Gods and aliens who pretend to be human in the meantime.

Nightwing is perhaps the most relatable DC character of them all, even moreso than Batman. Bruce Wayne is a millionaire playboy. There's nothing relatable about that. Nightwing, on the other hand, came from a broken home, orphan of the streets, taken in by Bruce Wayne to become Robin, raised in Bruce's own image to become a miniature copy of himself. Bruce/Batman was the overbearing, overprotective father figure who he eventually rebelled against, and went his own way. He was never good enough to be treated with respect, or as an equal. Wow, how much of your own story can you see there? Even if you cannot relate to it personally, you no doubt are reminded of someone you know who came from a similar upbringing.

The recent DC Comics stories don't entice me to keep up with them either. Batman was sitting on some sort of alien throne that gave him insight into the cosmos or something. For one, that's preposterous, and for two, who cares. Now they have Commissioner Gordon filling the role of "Batman" in name only, as he now wears a Robocop Suit with bat symbols on it or some junk. Why even call him Batman? I will be fair here and say that Commissioner Gordon is more relatable than Bruce Wayne, but his debut story, who cares? It's a good thing the Superfriends had him along to figure out that the giant alien baby was sad that its mother had died, because they never would have figured that out on their own. Way to go Gordon, excellent detective work there.

I will close this by saying I find the idea of Batman standing toe to toe with Superman to be absurd, but if they make Batman out to be more like Iron Man, perhaps. Iron Man vs Thor in the first Avengers movie was believable enough, but that scene was 2 minutes long, did what it needed to do, and moved on. They didn't need to make an entire 3 hour movie out of it.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
8 years 5 months ago #21540

ON UNIVERSE IS JUST THE WAY WB BEEN HANDLING THE TITLES COMPARE TO MARVEL, AND I AM MORE LINIENT ON DC THAN MARVEL. THOUGHT SPIDERMAN IS AN EXCEPTION.

COULD BE THE WRITING OR DIRECTION. THESE GUYS (WB) JUST KEEP REBOOTING THINGS PEOPLE JUST TUNE OFF.
BUT YEAH, IT'S PROBABLY HOW THE DIRECTOR WANTS TO APPROACH THINGS WITH AQUAMAN THAN ROBOTECH. AQUAMAN THERE IS NOT MUCH THERE UNLESS FOR A SUPPORTING ROLE. FIGHTING UNDER WATER OR IN OUTERSPACE.
WE WILL SEE IN A FEW MONTHS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
8 years 5 months ago #21541

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Xander on topic Robotech Live Action Movie

I have mixed opinions about how they should do the movie. I hate comparing Robotech to Transformers, but I just must. When developing Transformers Micheal Bay looked at all of the sketches made for the movie and cast them aside, he said they looked to "Cartoony." He said he wanted something realistic. With cooperation with the hating fans, Micheal made some adjustments to the film. Was it great? ehhhh.....it was ok. I think We're going to be seeing Robotech have the same issues. If a company is going to be making a movie, they're wanting money. If they make the movie just for fan service, there is no way they're going to make any money. They're going to try to appeal to an audience that doesn't know Robotech.
As far as actors go, I think they could possibly scrap the whole thing. I mean they might keep names, but the age, looks, and a lot of things that we love about the characters will most likely be changed.
I have hopes for the new movie. I hope they do it right. All we can do is hope. :dry:
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.

— Baron Manfred von Richthofen
8 years 4 months ago #21578

Charles Roven Gives Update on ‘Aquaman’ Script; Planned as James Wan’s Next Film

collider.com/aquaman-movie-script-james-wan/

When Warner Bros. announced its series of superhero movies that will follow Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the one that was instantly the most curious was Aquaman. As a character, Aquaman feels incredibly tricky to pull off on the big screen, let alone keeping the adaptation in line with Warner Bros.’ grounded, gritty tone. Jason Momoa was cast as the sea-faring hero, and we got our first preview of the DC Cinematic Universe’s approach by way of a first-look image when Batman v Superman was still in production. The character is certainly gritty looking, but still, executing a full Aquaman movie is going to be a difficult endeavor, and one that director James Wan—the filmmaker who recently made the jump from horror films like Saw and The Conjuring to blockbuster filmmaking with Furious 7—will be undertaking.

When Steve recently sat down with Charles Roven, one of the members of the DCCU Brain Trust and a producer on Aquaman, for an extended interview, Roven provided an update on Aquaman:

“We’re very early days. We’re just starting with the screenplay. He’s making The Conjuring 2 now, so he’s had his hand in the creation of let’s just call it a working document from which to write. But he’s directing that film [and] he’s got his hand ever so slightly in the development, but he’s really gonna throw himself into it after he finishes shooting Conjuring 2. And we’re planning on it being his film after Conjuring 2. He is a serious Aquaman fan.”

Wan opted to return and helm the horror sequel The Conjuring 2 for Warner Bros. after the difficult production on Furious 7, but he quickly signed on to Aquaman as his first foray into the superhero realm. Roven praised Wan’s capabilities and spoke to how he fits in with Warner Bros.’ trend of hiring diverse, strong filmmakers for their superhero movies:

“That’s a perfect example—him and [David] Ayer, and Patty [Jenkins], they’re perfect examples of what I’m talking about, to bring people in. Fertile creative minds who can say, ‘Okay, we get the road map, now let’s talk about doing this or doing that.’ It’s fun to have that flexibility and yet commonality.”
8 years 4 months ago #21583

So it begins!
Aquaman started filming early today. 3 weeks ahead of projected date. The sooner he is done with Aquaman lets hope it does not take long for Robotech. James Wan Twitter bellow if you want to follow his updates.

James Wan @creepypuppet
Months of intensive prep has led to this. Here we go. #DayOne #Ahab
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
6 years 11 months ago #26023

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds