Earthquake in japan and tsunami

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by save on topic Re: Earthquake in japan and tsunami

Was actually in Kichijoji drinking with Gubaba when last nights quake hit. It went on for a while but it wasn't violent at all. Half way through it we started singing Dynamite Explosion while the bar was shacking.
Make Protoculture not War!
13 years 2 weeks ago #15479

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Earthquake in japan and tsunami

ALRIGHT.

GREAT TO HEAR.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 2 weeks ago #15482

• christopher
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Lifes is what you make it

Replied by christopher on topic Re: Earthquake in japan and tsunami

i was in school when it happened but my uncle is in tokyo i hope hr is very safe i havent heard from him after the quake
Dont let passion rule your life but rule with a passion
13 years 2 weeks ago #15499

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re: Earthquake in japan and tsunami

We have no money really but we still managed to make donations for the Red Cross going into Japan. It's insane that so much damage can happen in such a short time. :(
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
12 years 10 months ago #16606

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Earthquake in japan and tsunami

One year ago, at 2:46 PM, I was extremely lucky.

I was at home, slowly getting ready for going out for a hot date in the evening, something I'd been looking very forward to. I'd just finished shaving and was trying to decide whether to take a shower or make some coffee first.

I was listening to "Blonde on Blonde," and "Just Like a Woman" was getting close to the end.

Then the double glass door in my room started rattling a little. Soon after, I started to feel a rolling earthquake, rather gentle. After about ten seconds, I was surprised that it hadn't stopped. I stood up and leisurely went to my doorframe, bracing myself in it. The earthquake got stronger and stronger. I vaguely noticed that "Just Like a Woman" had ended and "Most Likely You Go You Way (And I'll Go Mine)" had begun. As the quake got more violent, still in a rolling, rollicking, boat-on-a-choppy-sea kinda way, I glanced over at the bookcase in the dining room and noticed that the ceramic vase on top of it was shaking closer to the edge of the case. I ducked out from the doorway, grabbed it, and ran back. Then the rolling transformed into a big up-and-down jerking which lasted about ten seconds. At that point, I began to wonder if the house could withstand this quake.

After the bouncing subsided, the quake itself began to slow down and withdraw. It finally stopped. I exhaled, not realizing that I'd been holding my breath, put the vase down on the floor, and realized that I was listening to "Temporary Like Achilles."

I was shocked. Anyone who's been through an earthquake can tell you that they always FEEL much longer than they are, but here was one that I could objectively tell lasted at least five minutes.

Every second of that quake is indelibly etched on my brain. Sometimes, when I'm falling asleep, bits of it will come back and start me awake.

But I survived. Everyone I know survived. I was very, very lucky. And don't believe I don't know it, appreciate it, and give thanks for it every day.
12 years 1 month ago #18448

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Earthquake in japan and tsunami

DANG.

ONE YEAR ALREADY? WOW.

GREAT STORY THERE GUBABA.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 1 month ago #18454

Replied by Wolfen on topic Re: Earthquake in japan and tsunami

Good to hear that my fellow Robotech friends here in Japan are alright.
11 years 11 months ago #18692

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds