Lancer's Movie Review Summer Blockbuster Feature: THE AVENGERS!

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Lancer's Movie Review Summer Blockbuster Feature: THE AVENGERS! was created by Lancer

Ok, I havent done these in awhile but this movie is worth me doing a review...I will not bore you will small talk I will just get to the rating...

1 - 5, 5 being Legioss...

THIS ONE GOES TO ELEVEN!! (First Rating of its kind) SDF-3!

NOT JUST 1 MAIN GUN BUT 2 BIG GUNS BABY!!

GO SEE THIS MOVIE...I AM STILL BUZZED AND JAZZED ABOUT THIS FLICK...YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

GO SEE THIS MOVIE...IT IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN DARK KNIGHT AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING!!!

Ok, I don't think I will do another review until, The Dark Knight Rises!

Enjoy this...No...YOU WILL ENJOY THIS MOVIE!!

MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
11 years 10 months ago #18645

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lancer's Movie Review Summer Blockbuster Feature: THE AVENGERS!

JAZZED UP ALREADY.

MIGHT GET OFF WORK EARLY TODAY SINCE IT'S MY OVERTIME DAY TO GO SEE IT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 10 months ago #18648

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Lancer's Movie Review Summer Blockbuster Feature: THE AVENGERS!

Excellent movie! Might want to stay for the credits -- teaser scene during and bonus scene after. There are reports online that the bonus scene wasn't included with some prints of the movie outside NAmer.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
11 years 10 months ago #18656

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Lancer's Movie Review Summer Blockbuster Feature: THE AVENGERS!

Yup, this movie was ridiculously awesome! Very well paced, good use of humor, and GREAT action. Bonus scenes during and after the credits were awesome too.
11 years 10 months ago #18658

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lancer's Movie Review Summer Blockbuster Feature: THE AVENGERS!

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE THEATERS AND MAN, A TERRIFIC FILM. WELL DONE. GOOD WRITING. WELL WORTH TO SEE IN 3D. HAD A LOT OF FUNNY MOMENTS AND GLAD NOT FULL OF COMMON CLICHES.

CAN'T WAIT FOR PART 2.
11 years 10 months ago #18659

‘The Avengers’ Is The Biggest Movie Opening Ever

screenrant.com/the-avengers-box-office-o...-weekend-rob-169760/

The box office estimates are in for the May 4th weekend and SHIELD’s Helicarrier just destroyed Hogwarts. Marvel’s The Avengers has become the world’s biggest film opening ever, dominating previous record holder Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 and The Dark Knight by over $30 million domestically.

The Avengers isn’t just winning the love from moviegoers and fans however, as it’s also earning high critical praise with a 94% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 4.5/5 score in Screen Rant’s own review of The Avengers. Let’s take a look at the numbers and comparisons.

According to the Walt Disney Studios estimates up on Box Office Mojo, The Avengers ranked in $200.3 million domestically over the weekend after also succeeding as the biggest midnight opening ever for a superhero film ($18.7 million vs. The Dark Knight’s $18.5 million), along with breaking a multitude of international records.

The top five domestic opening weekends ever:

The Avengers ($200,300,000)
Harry Potter 7-2 ($169,189,427)
The Dark Knight ($158,411,483)
The Hunger Games ($152,535,747)
Spider-Man 3 ($151,116,516)

For comparison, here are the previous Marvel Studios opening weekends:

Iron Man 2 ($128,122,480)
Iron Man ($98,618,668)
Thor ($65,723,338)
Captain America: The First Avenger ($65,058,524)
The Incredible Hulk ($55,414,050)

Worldwide, The Avengers has now brought in nearly $642 million and is on track to approach James Cameron numbers for Titanic and Avatar, which both sit above $2 billion thanks to the recent Titanic 3D re-release.

Actuals will hit tomorrow, but for now we can safely say that Joss Whedon has directed the biggest opening movie of all time and is finally going to get the credit he deserves and the ability to do what he wants going forward. For Marvel Studios, they’ve successfully branded The Avengers and all of its respective characters and should have a lot more leeway and hopefully, creative freedom, to take more risks going forward with their future projects and Avengers sequels. The success of this film could change Marvel’s plans for 2014 and 2015 where three-four films remain unannounced.

The Avengers are here to stay and fans have welcomed them with open arms.

Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man was the first film to break $100 million in one weekend at the box office so it’s fitting that another Marvel film breaks the $200 million barrier. We now await what The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises can do at the box office and in the eyes of fans and critics when they release in July.
11 years 10 months ago #18662

SPOILER ALERT FOR WHOEVER HAS NOT SEEN AVENGERS...

The Avengers 2' - What fans should expect

www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf...-_what_fans_sho.html
11 years 10 months ago #18664

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds