"Ozma Meets Fire Bomber" Macross FB7

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: "Ozma Meets Fire Bomber" Macross FB7

Actually, it is supposedly the other way around. Development on Macross FB7 actually was following the tried tested formula of Macross Flashback 2012.

Also, splicing new animations with old animation trend started with the revised movie edition of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation & the revised Movie 'Rebuild of Evangelion' editions of Neon Genesis Evangelion namely Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone / Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance / Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Protoculture.
10 years 10 months ago #20419

Please Log in to join the conversation.

This is a footage from Macross FB7, when at the end of the movie, Sheryl Nome & Renka Lee with SMS posse conducted an impromptu rooftop concert (a nice reference to Fire Bomber's impropmtu rooftop concert in one of M7's Encore eps) as a tribute to the legendary Fire Bomber band.

10 years 10 months ago #20421

A talented Japanese fan uploaded an AMV containing clips from Macross 7 series, Macross 7 Encore, Macross 7 the Movie & Macross 7 Dynamite with clips from Macross Frontier series / movies & Macross Frontier Nyan Cli Music Edition.

The combining vocal prowess of Sheryl Nome and Renka Lee with explosive Fire Bomber's Basara Nekki & Mylene Jenius is SUPERB!

BOMBAAAAAAA! To be FIRE ... To be BOMBAAA!

10 years 10 months ago #20422

And, finally, the new song recorded by Basara Nekki with Mylene Jenius makes its debut on Macross FB7.

'Virgin Story' ... a fitting end to the rockin' rollickin' Macross 7 as much Minmay's 'Tenshi No Enogu' (Angel's Paint) in Macross Flashback 2012 as a fitting end to SDF: Macross / DYRL story.

Bring tears to my eyes. BOMBAAAAAA!

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Protoculture.
10 years 10 months ago #20423

What can you expect when Frontier meets Fire Bomber? Its jolly good rockin' ride amongst the stars!

Good music, good voice actors & singing vocals ... the very soul of Macross eversince Lynn Minmay belted her own brand of sugary pop in SDFM, DYRL & Flashback 2012.

Macross 7 & Frontier continued that tradition & bring music in Macross to greater levels. Its great to be a fan of animated Macross & also a fan of its outstanding repertoire of songs.

Now view the live duet performance done by Renka Lee's Megumi Nakajima, Mylene Jenius's Chie Kajiura & Basara Nekki's Yoshiki Fukuyama.

They rocked the stage! BOMBAAAAA!

P/S: Yes, Fukuyama is using an exact workable guitar replica of Basara's guitar in Macross 7 anime.
10 years 10 months ago #20424

And yes, the live concert version of Virgin Story, the new Fire Bomber song in Macross FB7.

I do admit, I shed my manly tears when I watched this video. It is a great day to be living in Macross 7 memories. Oh hell yeah, Yoshiki Fukuyama (Basara Nekki's singing vocalist) & Chie Kajiura (Mylene Flare Jenius' singing vocalist) will always have a place in any true blue Fire Bomber's fans.

10 years 10 months ago #20425

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: "Ozma Meets Fire Bomber" Macross FB7

As much as I hate to admit it, those damn vocals grew on me. After listening to "something something on a Saturday night. . ." for the umpteenth time. It just grew on me. So listening to Nekki and Mylene, totally bring back the Macross 7 nostalgia. BOMBA!!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
9 years 8 months ago #21090

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds