Isn't she NEAT?

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

MavverricckLSC wrote:

Model kits are not the same as barbie dolls, those girls in the commercial weren't playing with model figurines. Those models figurines usually need some assembly with model cement, demographically speaking something more or less targeted towards MALES.

Wow, Mav...I can't believe you'd imply that girls can't paint or use rubber cement. Didn't you watch Robotech? Lisa Hayes said, "Anything you can do, I can do bettr" and then she went ahead and proved it. Guess that particular life lesson flew over your head, huh?

MavverricckLSC wrote:

Gubbaba wrote;

So thank you Mav, for your timely indictment of Toynami's practices. Why not send them an email to inform them how much they're missing out?

Gubbaba, you're going off topic here, what does Toynami have to do with the original marketing of Robotech back in 1985. Those dolls still exist, just go on ebay if you want one to complete your collection(so you can added it to your macross figure model kit)

I'm not going off topic. You said HG had foresight in 1985. I pointed out that I agree, but that they haven't capitalized on that foresight.

MavverricckLSC wrote:

I'm sure Toynami will revisit this one again once the Robotech:LAM gets closer to start working on merchandising for the film.

So the original 85 could appeal to girls in '85, but can't appeal to them now? What kind of sense does that make?

MavverricckLSC wrote:

Heck Gubbaba, i'm sure you'll be the first in line buying a Robotech barbie doll. Or why would you bring this topic up in the first place. ;)

Mav...

You wouldn't? And here I thought you wanted to SUPPORT Robotech... Instead, you're just insulting people who would buy its merchandise. Such a hater, Mav, such a hater.
12 years 3 months ago #17805

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

Hold on a second! When did Mattel get the rights to Robotech for a Barbie doll? Is this just more fake speculating from Mav or did something happen recently in the world of Robotech?
12 years 3 months ago #17812

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

Gubaba wrote;

So the original 85 could appeal to girls in '85, but can't appeal to them now? What kind of sense does that make?

Wow, Mav...I can't believe you'd imply that girls can't paint or use rubber cement. Didn't you watch Robotech? Lisa Hayes said, "Anything you can do, I can do bettr" and then she went ahead and proved it. Guess that particular life lesson flew over your head, huh?

I suggest you read the MSDS for rubber cement;

www.dick-blick.com/msds/DBH_23903.pdf

And judging by the age of the girls in that commercial you've posted, it wouldnt' be appropriate to have them assemble figurines with rubber cement. They need to be older and yes with adult supervision. Any parent that allows their children to work with such flammable chemicals without supervision would be cause for concern.

Fire hazards and possible poisonings is something I cannot tolerate in merchandise geared towards children. And I will not encourage this practice. I'm happy that the merchandise for Robotech have been marketed appropriately with thought going into whose hands these products will be in. :)

That commerical was targeting a certain segment of demographic, you should know Gubaba since you've post it.

Gubaba wrote;

You wouldn't? And here I thought you wanted to SUPPORT Robotech... Instead, you're just insulting people who would buy its merchandise. Such a hater, Mav, such a hater.

Why would a man at my age play with dolls? That's what girlfriends and wives are for, unless you can't get any. ;)

ps99041 wrote;

Hold on a second! When did Mattel get the rights to Robotech for a Barbie doll? Is this just more fake speculating from Mav or did something happen recently in the world of Robotech?

Barbies, like Kleenex are genericized trademarks;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genericized_trademark

Just thought to let you know since you're quite unaware. ;)
Similar to most people when seeing the VF-1 the first thing that comes to mind is that it's a veritech and not valkyrie.

Nah, just kidding I like both Robotech and Macross, in my case I see them as both.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by MaverickLSC.
12 years 3 months ago #17815

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

Thanks but i'm already aware of genericized trademarks. I just thought you were making crap up again.
12 years 3 months ago #17817

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Isn't she NEAT?

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gubaba wrote;

I suggest you read the MSDS for rubber cement;

www.dick-blick.com/msds/DBH_23903.pdf

And judging by the age of the girls in that commercial you've posted, it wouldnt' be appropriate to have them assemble figurines with rubber cement. They need to be older and yes with adult supervision. Any parent that allows their children to work with such flammable chemicals without supervision would be cause for concern.

Fire hazards and possible poisonings is something I cannot tolerate in merchandise geared towards children. And I will not encourage this practice. I'm happy that the merchandise for Robotech have been marketed appropriately with thought going into whose hands these products will be in. :)

That commerical was targeting a certain segment of demographic, you should know Gubaba since you've post it.

Well OF COURSE appropriate parental supervision is a part of any child's hobby. I'm hurt that you would assume that I think otherwise... Not being a Robotech fan doesn't make one HEARTLESS, after all.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gubaba wrote;

Why would a man at my age play with dolls? That's what girlfriends and wives are for, unless you can't get any. ;)

Hmm...I can't speak for anyone else, but I think a Barbie doll would be too small for a man my size (if you catch my drift). I prefer my girlfriends to be a little larger, so to speak.

Again, no offense intended to those whose members are small. We all have our weak points, yes?
12 years 3 months ago #17828

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds