ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013 was created by MEMO1DOMINION

TOMMY YUNE TALKS ABOUT A NEW ROBOTECH MOVIE TO BE OUT SOMETIME NEXT YEAR 2011 AROUND THIS TIME...JUNE.

TAKES PLACE AFTER NEW GENERATION AND IS NOT PART OF SHADOW CHRONICLES. A SIDE STORY THAT CARL MACEK WAS WORKING ON THAT IS STILL PART OF THE ROBOTECH UNIVERSE.

IMAGE SHOWN AT AX THAT HAD SERA WILL BE PART OF THE STORY AND WILL BE FOCUSED ON HER.

THIS IS A PROJECT THAT WILL COME OUT WHILE FANS WAIT ON SHADOW RISING.

THE VISITS FOR THE VOICE ACTORS AT HG IN PAST ANNOUNCED IN PAST PODCAST HAS TO DO WITH THIS AND YOU ALSO MIGHT NOTICE A COMING SOON ABOVE NEXT TO SHADOW CHRONICLES ON THE ROBOTECH PAGE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHIEKO
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 1 month ago #15008

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

RECENT NEWS FROM A.O.D. CON 2011

13 years 1 month ago #15009

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer's recreation of the preview showed @A.O.D. about next unnamed rt project.

13 years 1 month ago #15015

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

BETTER ON YOUTUBE.

YEAH, THAT IS STILL THE BEST RESEMBLANCE OF THE CLIP YET THAT RTSURFER MADE.

THE COLOR OF THE COMIC IS BETTER THAN THE VIDEO CLIP AND EVEN IN THE OPENING SHOW OF NEW GENERATION THE GARFISH ARE DARK BLUE. IN THE VIDEO SHOWNED IT LOOK TO FLORESCENT GREEN ALMOST.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 1 month ago #15020

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

AFAIK, HG hasn't announced who's working on rt2011 nor disclosed how much of the animation work is complete, I wonder if the tragedy in Japan will have any affect on when the project will be finished?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 1 month ago #15022

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

So basically it will be the Robotech Invasion comic series, just in an animated form. Wouldnt it be more cost effective to rerelease the books, and just continue with the SR story?
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 1 month ago #15023

I personally think the story will be framed using animation from the post-TNG portions of LLA, for reasons I previously discussed in the old thread. I suspect new animation may be made to rewrite or expand upon the post-TNG LLA scenes.
According to Tommy there will be flashbacks. I have a feeling most of the flashbacks will be reused footage from TNG/Mospeada. With some new footage added in to depict scenes, involving either Lancer or Sera, not fully fleshed out in the tv series, probably based on the Invasion comics and the Lancer/Yellow flashbacks in TNG/Mospeada. I'm guessing the flashbacks will be primarily concerning how Lancer and Sera arrived on Earth, the path leading to the other, meetings, then finally together. Of course this is all just speculation.

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

So basically it will be the Robotech Invasion comic series, just in an animated form. Wouldnt it be more cost effective to rerelease the books, and just continue with the SR story?

You're not the first to suggest continuing the Shadow Chronicles saga (SR, etc.) in novel or comic form might be more cost effective.
As for re-releasing the books, there were reprints of some but I understand DEL REY wasn't happy with the sales. I also understand that Tommy had someone rewriting them to better fit the Shadow Chronicles continuity but they ran out of time and budget, and ended up working on some kind of SC addendum instead or something like that. Some people are blaming Tommy's revisionism as part of the delay with the new RPG's as he has to review and approve everything in them before they can go to print. I suspect there would be a similar situation if they seriously tried to retcon the existing novels and write new ones that he approved of.
Who would write new novels anyway with half of Jack McKinney deceased?

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 1 month ago #15024

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I hope you'red wrong. I can watch lla on youtube. I wouldn't pay for reissued anime that's recut and reeditied. I would've been curious for an expansion on the invasion story, with all new animations and more plot twist. Old rehashed NG and LLA? Ill wait for something better.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 1 month ago #15025

The following is what we've been told about rt2011:

It has a Codename, but not revealed yet
Direct to DVD release
Will be finished around June 2011 [Tommy stipulated "On current schedule..." & I think Kev is now saying sometime in 2011]
Tatsunko is involved [May just be for licensing]
It's anime
Feature-length movie, not sure how long yet
Much smaller project
Stand alone movie, not a series
Not a sequel to Shadow Chronicles, but a branch in story (sidesequel)
Characters from New Generation
Present story occurs after New Generation
Story flashbacks to New Generation
Marlene has a small role
Sera has larger role
Something Carl had in mind
Carl began writing it, wasn't able to finish
Tommy finished it
Purpose is to have something out sooner for the fans while they wait on other projects

13 years 1 month ago #15027

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

AFAIK, HG hasn't announced who's working on rt2011 nor disclosed how much of the animation work is complete, I wonder if the tragedy in Japan will have any affect on when the project will be finished?

I seriously doubt that any Japanese production company has a major role in production of the sidequel. It just would be cost effective to do so. Besides, who would Tommy blame the crazy boobs on?
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by ps99041.
13 years 1 month ago #15029

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds