Question in the macross Saga - episode 1

• Maxmapster
  • Maxmapster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Question in the macross Saga - episode 1 was created by Maxmapster

Hi everyone. Newbie to this site. Awesome site by the way.

Ok, my question, in the 1st episode of Macross Sga. Just after the SDF-1 has crashed on earth. A group of people were sent to the island to investigate the crashed alien ship. I do recall that Captain Gloval, Dr. Lang, Roy Fokker, T.R. Edwars and 1 or 2 officers were sent in to investigate. What has happened to this lost clip and/or where can this clip be found to watch?

Seem's no one on the robotech.com forum knows what I am talking about.

Anyone else have any idea about this? Thanx :huh:
12 years 3 weeks ago #18343

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Question in the macross Saga - episode 1

FIRSST, WELCOME ABOARD!

NOW FOR WHAT YOU ASKING THERE WAS ONLY 2 PLACES WHERE YOU CAN FIND THAT. NEVER HEARD OF A LOST CLIP. MAYBE ONLY WHEN RICK HUNTER AND MINMEI WERE LOST IN THE SDF1 AND WENT EXPLORING.

1.ROBOTECH THE GRAPHIC NOVEL

2.ROBOTECH JACK MCKINNEY NOVELS

I DON'T BELIEVE THAT ROY WOULD HAVE BEEN PICKED TO BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO GO INTO THE SDF-1. OR GLOVAL FOR THAT MATTER.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 3 weeks ago #18350

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Question in the macross Saga - episode 1

There's no "lost" clip of animation since this prologue story was completely a Robotech idea. The scenes you're referring to are definitely in the Graphic Novel. And why would Roy or Gloval be tasked with investigating the SDF-1? They weren't super high ranking officers at this point in the Robotech timeline.
12 years 3 weeks ago #18352

ps99041 wrote:

There's no "lost" clip of animation since this prologue story was completely a Robotech idea. The scenes you're referring to are definitely in the Graphic Novel. And why would Roy or Gloval be tasked with investigating the SDF-1? They weren't super high ranking officers at this point in the Robotech timeline.

CORRECT

WHY I DON'T LIKE SOME OF THE IDEAS OF BOOTH THE BOOK OR THE GRAPHIC NOVEL.

THERE IS A CHANCE THOUGHT IT COULD STILL HAPPEN AND IT CAME CLOSE IN TELLING IT THROUGH THE FIRST RUN OF THE ROBOTECH WILDSTORM COMICS. THOUGHT IT LEFT IT OPEN FOR INTERPRETATION OF THE SDF-1 CRASH.
12 years 3 weeks ago #18353

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Question in the macross Saga - episode 1

Memo and ps99041 are correct. There's no "lost footage" depicting what you're talking about.

T.R. Edwards isn't a Macross character, and "Dr. Lang" in Macross was so unimportant that they didn't even give him a name.

But hey, Memo and ps99041...why are you so down on the graphic novel? Wasn't it written by Carl Macek himself?
12 years 3 weeks ago #18361

• Maxmapster
  • Maxmapster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Maxmapster on topic Re: Question in the macross Saga - episode 1

Possibilty I could have just got confused with the Graphic Novel. Thanx guys.
12 years 3 weeks ago #18363

Gubaba wrote:

But hey, Memo and ps99041...why are you so down on the graphic novel? Wasn't it written by Carl Macek himself?

CARL STAYED TRUE TO THE ANIMATED STORY AS IT SHOULD WHEN INVOLVING OUR HEROES. REVOLVING THE STORY ON THE MAIN CHARACTERS.

GREAT ON A STORY FILLER FOR FANS WHO WANT MORE OUT OF THAT ON A FICTIONAL STORY.

NOW IDEALLY IN REAL LIFE THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS.
12 years 3 weeks ago #18365

Replied by mojomike on topic Re: Question in the macross Saga - episode 1

It is also mention in issue 1 of Return to Macross. The version that’s told in Form the Stars differs in several places. The way I look at it is because these are told form different views. The version in genesis and RTM were mostly as happened. FTS actually begins after the macros saga form the point of view of Rick Hunter who was not there to witness events first hand as they unfolded. The only severing members of the original team would be Tr. Edwards and Dr. Lang. Both of who have a history of being very secretive at times.
12 years 2 weeks ago #18387

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Question in the macross Saga - episode 1

mojomike wrote:

It is also mention in issue 1 of Return to Macross. The version that’s told in Form the Stars differs in several places. The way I look at it is because these are told form different views. The version in genesis and RTM were mostly as happened. FTS actually begins after the macros saga form the point of view of Rick Hunter who was not there to witness events first hand as they unfolded. The only severing members of the original team would be Tr. Edwards and Dr. Lang. Both of who have a history of being very secretive at times.

But, er...that's not what Maxmapster was asking...

He thinks there's ACTUAL ANIMATED FOOTAGE of them exploring the SDF-1.

Do you think there is, or no?
12 years 2 weeks ago #18388

THERE IS NOT BUT I THINK THERE SHOULD BE.

TOLD DIFFERENTLY OF COURSE.
12 years 2 weeks ago #18421

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds