Space Pirates

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Space Pirates

Protoculture wrote:

My inclination, space pirates equals to micronized Zents, bands of rogue Zents still marauding the deepsapce after Dolza's Grand Fleet demise ... short on foodstuffs, protoculture & other basic needs for survival.

As Expeditionary Force expands human deep space colonisation post 2014 of Gloval Initiative & beyond, bound to be some confrontations with remaining Dolza's stragglers. We saw that Zent malcontents on Earth pillaged & pilfers human settlements for supplies & survival, the same could be said for surviving rogue Zents (ex-Dolza loyalists) in deep space that managed to survive & flee Dolza's destruction.

Space piracy would definitely come easy for 'em.

WAS THINKING THE SAME THING AS WE SAW FROM THE MALLCONTENTS UPRISING. THE ZENTS SURE NEEDED A LOT TO SALVAGE FOR ALL THEIR MECHA BASHING.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 9 months ago #18935

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• aka_s2h
  • aka_s2h's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by aka_s2h on topic Re: Space Pirates

WE are told the Zents have no skills so my question to that is did they learn the skills as part of our society, learn them themselves through trial and error, or are there humans helping them because they dont like, as Hermann2 would say, The Military Overlords?

For me it is a combination of all of the above
11 years 9 months ago #18936

aka_s2h wrote:

WE are told the Zents have no skills so my question to that is did they learn the skills as part of our society, learn them themselves through trial and error, or are there humans helping them because they dont like, as Hermann2 would say, The Military Overlords?

For me it is a combination of all of the above

I WOULD NOT SAY THEY DID HAVE NO SKILLS. LOOK AT HOW THE ZENT'S WORKED TOGETHER UNDER KHYRON WHEN HE GOT EVERYONE TOGETHER AND GET HIS SHIP WORKING AGAIN. INCLUDING SOME OF THE MECHA. YOU COULD SAY HE WAS THE FIRST PIRATE TO STEAL TO GET HIS SHIP GOING. WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

ALSO, I ASSUME THAT KHYRON RECOVERED SOMETHING THAT BELONGED TO THE ZENTRADI IN THE FIRST PLACE.
11 years 9 months ago #18937

• aka_s2h
  • aka_s2h's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by aka_s2h on topic Re: Space Pirates

Good point Memo

So throwing it out there.

Would investigating space pirates and the uprisings and things like that make a good side story like Clone Wars?
11 years 9 months ago #18940

aka_s2h wrote:

Good point Memo

So throwing it out there.

Would investigating space pirates and the uprisings and things like that make a good side story like Clone Wars?

NOT SURE BUT NO SOURCE TO GO BY. I THINK IT WAS GOING TO BE DONE IN BATTLECRY 2. TALKING TO TOMMY AND HOW FANS WERE ASKING ABOUT A CONTINUATION TO BATTLECRY BACK IN THE DAY HE GAVE SOME HINTS THAT JACK ARCHER GETS COUGHT BY THE ZENTRADI AND TELLS THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY. BUT THATS IN THE BACK BURNER AND INCLUDED THE SALVAGING OF PARTS AND STEALING.. WHICH COMES CLOSE INTO SPACE PIRATING.

ON OUR ROBOTECH ACADEMY REBOOT WE WONT GET INTO THAT FOR A WHILE BUT WE HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT ALREADY.
11 years 9 months ago #18941

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Space Pirates

Pirates in Robotech storylines are nothing new.

Eternity comics released Robotech: The Sentinels Cyberpirates!

www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=148901

There's room to incorporate them into the current canon if need be.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
11 years 9 months ago #18974

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: Space Pirates

aka_s2h wrote:

Unlikely. Zentraedi by rights should have basic skills like atleast changing modular components of mecha, weaponries, basic ship maintenance.

Heck, the malcontents stolen protoculture chambers & managed to operate 'em & Khyron's rag tag malcontents managed to repair crashed Zentraedi monitor ship with basic tools in humid tropical Amazon jungle!z

When faced with determination & survival instincts, Zents obviously very good at adapting.

As for space-pirating, it should have come very natural. As spacefarers with centuries worth of experience, the Zentraedi stragglers should be well adept with living in deep space.
11 years 8 months ago #19257

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Space Pirates

Yeah I am pretty sure that is just a reference to the original Southern Cross show. They speculated that the "ZOR" (Robotech Masters) were possibly some kind of Space Pirates from another colony. (in SC they are on the planet GLORIE and not Earth..)

Out of the 3 shows I find the most funny little errors in the Robotech Masters where they left the occasional reference to the original show (Dana's line about her brother..)
11 years 3 months ago #19867

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds