Speculation: Scott Bernard - half Zentraedi??

• Alpha Bravo
  • Alpha Bravo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 573

Speculation: Scott Bernard - half Zentraedi?? was created by Alpha Bravo

This came up several pages into another thread, so I figured I'd put it here, in a thread of its own, for science.

The theory: Scott Bernard could be half Zentraedi. Originally he was penned to have been born sometime around 2013, with the possibility of a nephew relation to Dr Emil Lang, but this has since been retconned to fall more in line with his appearances in New Gen and The Shadow Chronicles. He was now, canonically, born in space in 2023, to parents whose identities are presently unknown to us. This was during the Robotech Expeditionary Force (REF)'s occupation of Tirol. As the REF had Micronized Evil Zentraedi Alpha Pilots (MEZAPs) as part of their military force, it's entirely plausible that one of Scott's parents was a Zentraedi.

Consider his personality traits: He is a military career soldier, loves to fight, will stop at nothing to complete his mission, is socially awkward and emotionally unavailable... and then there's this little bit from Episode 63:

No normal human could have done that. You can even see Lunk lunging forward, presumably as his jaw hits the floor.

He also has an obsessive hatred of all things Invid. He will kill Invid and break their things, at any cost. If Scott is, indeed, half Zentraedi, that could mean that such hatred is actually genetically engineered into his very being.

Here I took a stillshot of the scene in the gif. Assuming that Scott is around 6 feet tall (perhaps his boots give him that extra inch or two), I drew lines at the height of his character, then pasted them on top of each other to the top of the screen. This gives us an idea of just how high up into the air he jumped:

We've already explored the idea of a Zentraedi female who learns to be loved by a human male (Miriya and Max). Perhaps Scott's parents could be a Zentraedi male who learns to love a human female? Well that would fall under the story of The Sentinels. HG you've got 8 years left to do something with this or else I'm selling the idea to Sony.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 11 months ago #22414

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by DR-052 on topic Speculation: Scott Bernard - half Zentraedi??

Alpha Bravo wrote: The theory: Scott Bernard could be half Zentraedi. Originally he was penned to have been born sometime around 2013, with the possibility of a nephew relation to Dr Emil Lang, but this has since been retconned to fall more in line with his appearances in New Gen and The Shadow Chronicles. He was now, canonically, born in space in 2023, to parents whose identities are presently unknown to us. This was during the Robotech Expeditionary Force (REF)'s occupation of Tirol. As the REF had Micronized Evil Zentraedi Alpha Pilots (MEZAPs) as part of their military force, it's entirely plausible that one of Scott's parents was a Zentraedi.

He was part of Mars Division, I understand that he was born on Mars. I don't know if there were any Zentraedi on Mars, but I didn't think so.

Alpha Bravo wrote: Consider his personality traits: He is a military career soldier, loves to fight, will stop at nothing to complete his mission, is socially awkward and emotionally unavailable.

and no human is that way, oh, wait ... sounds completely human

Alpha Bravo wrote: ...and then there's this little bit from Episode 63:.

Think that's just amine, but to reason it out, it looks to me like the cyclone gave him a boost out of it when he disengaged. there is nothing in the technical write-ups about this ability but the proper way to exit a cyclone is detailed in the first few episodes, and the REF Field Guide. You have to kneel down and lean forward, it opens up, you climb out, and then you have to manually fold it back up to storage configuration. he just leapt out of it and it fell into storage configuration. not possible in the wright-ups. This could be explained as some special (Martial arts type) skill Scott managed to learn/discover where he could use the power of the cyclone to boost him out of it and land it in storage mode while disengaging.

Alpha Bravo wrote: No normal human could have done that. You can even see Lunk lunging forward, presumably as his jaw hits the floor.

no full-up micronized Zentraedi could either, they were not much stronger than humans, while genetically engineered to be stronger, they are not that much stronger. Remember, gangly little Max managed to best Miriya in a knife fight with a box of chocolates. In RPG terms humans are P.S. 3D6 while even the best Zentraedi are 4D6+4 I believe and not able to leap 30' strait into the air.

Alpha Bravo wrote: He also has an obsessive hatred of all things Invid. He will kill Invid and break their things, at any cost. If Scott is, indeed, half Zentraedi, that could mean that such hatred is actually genetically engineered into his very being.

No he didn't, In the beginning he was just an ordinary pilot, doing his job. He started hating the Invid when his love/fiancé was killed(murdered) by them, who wouldn't be? that was the whole point of her character even existing, not some genetically engineered thing. That would change the story. Anyway, there is nothing I've found anywhere that suggests such a thing was engineered into the Zentraedi - that would distract them from following orders contrary to "must kill Invid!". WHAT!!! you want be to go to some backwater planet on the A-- end of the galaxy and fight some barbarians to capture a space fortress? NO WAY!!! I'm staying here and killing Invid! :angry:

Alpha Bravo wrote: We've already explored the idea of a Zentraedi female who learns to be loved by a human male (Miriya and Max). Perhaps Scott's parents could be a Zentraedi male who learns to love a human female? Well that would fall under the story of The Sentinels.

Human/Zentraedi hooking up with a stage 5 Invid, while intriguing, not here. Perhaps if Danas sister Maia hooked up with one? maybe something in the works? (hmm.... real progressive - if she hooks up with a Stage 5 female Invid - Green blood - they aren't genetically compatible anyway - some humans aren't even genetically compatible with other red-blooded humans or even primates so (Spock not withstanding) no way a human could be compatible with a green blooded alien). So it's not like Scot and Marline/Ariel were ever going to have kids anyway, so why not?
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by DR-052.
7 years 10 months ago #22683

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Speculation: Scott Bernard - half Zentraedi??

I always wondered myself if he were, mainly because of the blue hair. In the novels it never mentions that he dyed his hair like Max did so how else could it have turned blue? His love for battle is also another reason he could be half zentraedi. In fact canon or not I'm going to say that he is and it was just never mentioned.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 10 months ago #22789

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by DR-052 on topic Speculation: Scott Bernard - half Zentraedi??

LadyGrimes wrote: His love for battle is also another reason he could be half Zentraedi. In fact canon or not I'm going to say that he is and it was just never mentioned.

Ah, so ... most Germans and Japanese are part Zentraedi and most (Asian) Indians are part Eidelon, that makes sense. Cool, I'm part Zentraedi :P
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by DR-052.
7 years 10 months ago #22791

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds