Question to female Robotech fans: what makes Rick attractive?

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Question to female Robotech fans: what makes Rick attractive? was created by Peter Young

A question to the female Robotech fans (males can reply as well; but i'd like to hear the ladies first): a lot of attention seems to be spend on discussing why Rick should go for Minmei or for Lisa.

I saw Sentinels first, but in Macross Saga, Rick does not seems decisive on anything. He tends to depend on Roy Fokker most of the time.
Not even the example of Max and Mirya inspires him to actually cut a knot.

What makes such a undeciding, almost making him immature, person attractive for women?
Why go for him if you could get Roy, Max or Gloval?
7 years 10 months ago #22422

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Question to female Robotech fans: what makes Rick attractive?

Peter Young wrote: A question to the female Robotech fans (males can reply as well; but i'd like to hear the ladies first): a lot of attention seems to be spend on discussing why Rick should go for Minmei or for Lisa.

I saw Sentinels first, but in Macross Saga, Rick does not seems decisive on anything. He tends to depend on Roy Fokker most of the time.
Not even the example of Max and Mirya inspires him to actually cut a knot.

What makes such a undeciding, almost making him immature, person attractive for women?

I confess he's a cutie and all but he's got a lot of issues and he's kind of a downer. The brooding is very off putting IMO and that's why I don't think him and Minmei would've worked out at all. She's a lot more positive and outgoing and would find it difficult trying to cheer him up all the time. Honestly I always thought Minmei and Max would make a good couple. They're both like minded.

As for Lisa, she is also a downer and broods a lot. So this is probably why her and Rick get along because they have that in common so they understand each other better than most. But all in all some women are just attracted to those emotionally unavailable guys like Rick and they think they can fix them, but they can't.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 10 months ago #22424

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Peter Young on topic Question to female Robotech fans: what makes Rick attractive?

Lady Grimes, ever heard of 'constructive criticism'? :laugh:
This may amount to character assassination, you sure as heck killed the discussion before it could blossom :dry:

(repressing the urge speak in defense of Rick)

I did mention wanting to hear ladies first. Anyone her willing to add something? Please?
7 years 10 months ago #22499

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Question to female Robotech fans: what makes Rick attractive?

Peter Young wrote: Lady Grimes, ever heard of 'constructive criticism'? :laugh:
This may amount to character assassination, you sure as heck killed the discussion before it could blossom :dry:

(repressing the urge speak in defense of Rick)

I did mention wanting to hear ladies first. Anyone her willing to add something? Please?

Constructive whaticism? I only kid :laugh: Well you asked and I answered ;)
And I seem to be good at killing things, just ask the last beta fish I used to have.

But anywho, feel free to speak in Rick's defense if you like. I'd love to hear your opinion.

7 years 10 months ago #22503

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Question to female Robotech fans: what makes Rick attractive?

Peter Young wrote: Lady Grimes, ever heard of 'constructive criticism'? :laugh:

Peter Young wrote: What makes such a undeciding, almost making him immature, person attractive for women?

if i was rick hunter i'd kill myself
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 10 months ago #22509

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

I always wondered how the story would've played out differently if Rick had been Miriya's target instead?

7 years 10 months ago #22516

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Question to female Robotech fans: what makes Rick attractive?

LadyGrimes wrote: I always wondered how the story would've played out differently if Rick had been Miriya's target instead?

Max won her over with his charms. Rick doesn't have charms. They'd have found him dead in the park, Miriya would return to the Zentraedi in triumph, RDF morale would be low, Zent morale would be high, there'd be no baby Dana to scare Reno and secure the Factory Satellite, the ramifications of this could indeed be extremely far-reaching. It was certainly a key moment in Macross Saga history.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 10 months ago #22518

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Peter Young on topic Question to female Robotech fans: what makes Rick attractive?

LadyGrimes wrote: I always wondered how the story would've played out differently if Rick had been Miriya's target instead?

Funny you mention this: Rick WAS her original target!!!!

Khyron told her about 'an ace pilot' he considered a difficult opponent to beat. By that time, he had at least one man-to-man battle with Rick (# 8 if I recall correctly) but not yet with Max.
So he could have been unaware of Max at that time.

Don't forget, Rick was lying in sickbay during # 18.

And how great were the odds of Rick asking her out on a date anyway? :laugh:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Peter Young.
7 years 10 months ago #22575

Peter Young wrote:

Khyron told her about 'an ace pilot' he considered a difficult opponent. to beat. By that time, he had at least man-to-man battle with Rick (# 8 if I recall correctly) but not yet with Max.

Wow, Doc... that's heavy!
7 years 10 months ago #22576

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Peter Young wrote:

Khyron told her about 'an ace pilot' he considered a difficult opponent to beat. By that time, he had at least one man-to-man battle with Rick (# 8 if I recall correctly) but not yet with Max.

Originally I thought so too but I wasn't so sure that's why I didn't mention it :P Didn't want to be wrong ya kno?

And the odds were massively great. Rick even said she's "sort" of attractive. He was too stuck on Minmei and Lisa to think about a third woman let alone one with green hair into video games.

7 years 10 months ago #22577

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds