Robotech Rewatch

• Thank you received: 65

Replied by focusfate on topic Robotech Rewatch

KaineMorrison wrote: There was an "incident" regarding the Guardians of the Galaxy steelbook.
I have a picture of someone buying every copy of the steelbook in the store as soon as the store opened on that release day.
The store didn't care, and neither did customer servive on the phone.
So I went to the forums and pisted about it there.
I refused to let the issue drop. I wanted them to impliment some sort of "fairness" system, where no more than 1 ir 2 exclusives could be bought buy any one person.
Others were agreeing with me.
Store exclusives are very limited in quantity and are highly resellable on the aftermarket making them an easy scalper item.
This dude had bought 23 or 32 of them, the entire allotment for the store.

Anyway, so because I didn't drop it and kept posting the picture after the mods deleted the picture and the thread, i got banned.
They said there was nothing wrong with a scalper buying every copy.

I said would you rather have one happy customer and 15 pissed off ones or 15 happy customers and one that has no right to be pissed.
I never got a reply to that cause that's when I was banned.

Fuck resellers. Honestly.

Some GMs are bad and just let that shit happen. My early years of IT were spent in Geek Squad precincts and spent a lot of time on the sales floor. I feel your pain.
---
"Listen, if you put Bossk on a Segway, you're gonna sell records!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
7 years 3 months ago #24576

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LadyGrimes wrote:

KaineMorrison wrote: No need to be sorry.
I figured I'd join in.
Why would anyone want to go back to the official robotech forums, given how everyone was treated there...

Because we like the abuse? lol no I'm kidding. People would go back because they've missed the forum and ofc some of the regular members that were there. I have to wonder now if the forums are being brought back now because TPTB realized what a stupid mistake that was?

It would be neat to have them back especially from a nostalgic stance. I always wonder where everyone is and how they're doing. It would be nice to relive the glory days of Maxwell Station and the like
---
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 3 months ago #24577

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Robotech Rewatch

KaineMorrison wrote: There was an "incident" regarding the Guardians of the Galaxy steelbook.
I have a picture of someone buying every copy of the steelbook in the store as soon as the store opened on that release day.
I refused to let the issue drop. I wanted them to impliment some sort of "fairness" system, where no more than 1 ir 2 exclusives could be bought buy any one person.
Store exclusives are very limited in quantity and are highly resellable on the aftermarket making them an easy scalper item.

Anyway, so because I didn't drop it and kept posting the picture after the mods deleted the picture and the thread, i got banned.

I said would you rather have one happy customer and 15 pissed off ones or 15 happy customers and one that has no right to be pissed.

This guy I met in Trucker Training, we called him "Flavor Saver" because food would get caught in his beard, he would tell us stories about how he'd take his son to the All-You-Can-Eat buffet, and they'd take ALL the shrimp, or ALL the pineapple chicken, so on and so forth. Some places will actually call the cops if you pull a stunt like that!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 3 months ago #24578

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Robotech Rewatch

focusfate wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

I figured I'd join in.
Why would anyone want to go back to the official robotech forums, given how everyone was treated there...

Because we like the abuse? lol no I'm kidding. People would go back because they've missed the forum and ofc some of the regular members that were there. I have to wonder now if the forums are being brought back now because TPTB realized what a stupid mistake that was?

It would be neat to have them back especially from a nostalgic stance. I always wonder where everyone is and how they're doing. It would be nice to relive the glory days of Maxwell Station and the like

When they re-open the forums, how many of the old members do you expect to show up? Most have probably moved on and never looked back. I know if it wasn't for this site, I'd not have even known the forums were going to return. I daresay that the same also applies to pretty much everyone of the old RTDC members. So the only people I expect to see there are the same people I currently see here.

Well them, and whatever douche canoes actually follow HG on Facebook.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 3 months ago #24579

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Robotech Rewatch

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

I figured I'd join in.

Because we like the abuse? lol no I'm kidding.

speak for yourself

Stop with those warning signs already. You trying to run another member off this site? :whistle:

Just letting everyone know that if they need someone to abuse, I'm ok with that.

NO!

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 3 months ago #24580

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Robotech Rewatch

They said there is nothing wrong with a scalper buying every copy? LOL

Do they not realize what a scalper fuckin is in the first place?

He's basically buying from them and then reselling it for even more money. So that is just stupidity on their part to let that go.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 3 months ago #24581

Alpha Bravo wrote:

focusfate wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

I figured I'd join in.

When they re-open the forums, how many of the old members do you expect to show up? Most have probably moved on and never looked back. I know if it wasn't for this site, I'd not have even known the forums were going to return. I daresay that the same also applies to pretty much everyone of the old RTDC members. So the only people I expect to see there are the same people I currently see here.

Well them, and whatever douche canoes actually follow HG on Facebook.

Yeah I'm not expecting many. Like I said more of nostalgia. But who knows
---
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
7 years 3 months ago #24587

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds