Hello everyone!

• Autobotdan
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Hello everyone! was created by Autobotdan

I'm finally back on this website forum after almost getting killed by a drunk DUI driver on April 18 and spending a month in a hospital. I am glad and blessed to be healthy and well and to be here again. To everyone here I want to wish safeness and peace-autobotdan
13 years 10 months ago #12677

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re:Hello everyone!

Dan,

It's awesome that you are back and I'm grateful that your health has returned! May good wishes andgood fortune bless you every day!

- John
13 years 10 months ago #12678

• Autobotdan
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:Hello everyone!

Thanks John!
13 years 10 months ago #12680

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Hello everyone!

aww so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're okay
welcome back =D

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 10 months ago #12684

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:Hello everyone!

Glad to hear you are okay. I hope it wasn't a hit and run, and that you sue the pants off the person responsible. That'll at least teach that person a lesson, and give you some compensation to your pain and suffering.
13 years 10 months ago #12685

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Hello everyone!

Sorry to hear about the accident. Welcome back to the forums.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
13 years 10 months ago #12692

• Autobotdan
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Thank you everyone! To answer questions-Yes it was a hit and run attempt but somebody a witness recorded his license plate number. According to the police report, the guy was reported as leaving a tropicanna club and he ran a red light hitting me at a crosswalk. According to a witness after he hit me, he slowed down to look at me on street than he took off past his red light and left me to die on street. The witnesses called an ambulance and police. The police found the drunk driver's address through the license plate number the witness recorded and went to the guys place and arrested him for hit & run. He was intoxicated with alcohol. I was in a hospital from April 18 to May 14. I was in a coma for a week in hospital but now I am alive and well and can walk, laugh, and enjoy life. I hired a Lawyer last week and its only time when I sue him in court. I am off work till August 2 with california state disability pay. Thank you all for kindness. I always enjoyed Robotech and I will be at anime conventions in july.
13 years 10 months ago #12694

• Autobotdan
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

I forgot to give the important detail that I on April 18 was riding my 18 speed bicycle home from work when that drunk driver ran the red light at the crosswal and hit me with his 2002 Chevy Avalanch TRUCK! I flew 30 feet off my bike from impact. I am very lucky to be alive & well to still go to anime conventions and to be able to walk around and enjoy them. The fact that after I got hit by a truck horribly that I even remember Robotechx, Memo and all the fanbase is a blessing.
13 years 10 months ago #12695

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:Hello everyone!

Where did it happen at. If in a certain jurisdiction, I can probably view the incident history. Thank God for the witness. I deal with a lot of hit and run accidents that don't have a decent witness, maybe only a veh description. Often times, it ends up with no arrest. It's great to see you be able to enjoy the things in life that make you happy. I'm sure it also opens your eyes to things that are really important. I received word that a Robotech fan that many knew was killed last night in a car accident. It's very unfortunate, and very sad. He was a great guy, and was a wealth of knowledge.I don't know the circumstances of the accident, but it's important to put all the trivial stuff into perspective, and enjoy life.
13 years 10 months ago #12697

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Hello everyone!

GREAT TO HEAR YOU BACK IN YOUR FEET AUTOBOT DAN. THANKS FOR THE CALL AS WELL WHEN YOU WERE IN THE HOSPITAL. TRIED TO VISIT BUT DID NOT GET THE ROOM NUMBER FROM YOU. CALLED THE HOSPITAL AND THEY ALSO NEVER HEARD OF YOU.

CALLING YOU WAS HARD. YOU HAD YOUR PHONE OFF. NEXT TIME YOU CALLED YOU WERE ALREADY HOME. DUDE.. WAS REALLY WORRIED THE WORST HAS HAPPENED. AND THAT AFTER WHAT HAPPENED TO CARL MACEK I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A BUMMER TO SEE ANOTHER FRIEND GO.

I AM REALLY GLAD YOU ON YOUR FEET AND BACK AT HOME THOUGHT. THANKS FOR THE FEW CALLS. KEEPING ME UPDATED. AND THE FACEBOOK UPDATES AS WELL.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 10 months ago #12706

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds