Belated introduction

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Belated introduction was created by Sushispook

Hey all -

I've been knocking around the RT.com forums since November, and just popped in here for the first time about a week ago, but I haven't formally introduced myself.

A series of events throughout 2009 led me to reconnect with my Robotech fandom. I got hooked when it first aired (although not until the Southern Cross), and when they only aired the first 5 episodes of the New Generation before replacing it with M.A.S.K., I called KBHK every day, and wrote them several letters until it came back on and they picked up right where they left off.

Even in highschool, I kept up with it through the Jack McKinney novels (I have a huge love for his adaptations and character fleshing out), and it wasn't until I moved into my first apartment that I stopped being interested in Robotech... but at that point I was so poor I had to sell off my novels and art books to eat.

Even though I went through all sorts of phases after that, literally not a day would go by where robotech didn't pop into my head in some way or some fashion... a motorcycle would whizz by, and I'd think of the cyclones, or I'd see an aircraft carrier in the bay, and I'd think of the Prometheus and the Daedelus.

I didn't really get back into it, mostly because I was busy with other things, and had that "oh, I don't want to be a nerd about it" in the back of my head... but then I realized that honestly, if I'd been thinking about it in some way, shape, or form, then I was a nerd about it, and more to the point, proud of it.

Robotech made such a huge impression on me in so many ways, and it's an absolute pleasure to get into a hobby of collecting that reconnects me with it (and scratches the decades-old itch to get the Alpha and Beta fighters I'd always dreamed about), and is so much fun. And it's especially nice to know that there's so many people in the same boat, who feel the same way.

Anyways, the real first name is Andrew, and I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Howdy y'all. :D
14 years 3 months ago #8970

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:Belated introduction

Welcome Sushispook...

We hope you enjoy your stay here on robotechx.com, there are many fans like yourself that have been recently reacquainting themselves with Robotech.

Feel free to post your thoughts and ask questions, we have a good collection of members here that are more than helpful to have your questions answered.

BTW, as for my story regarding my passion for Robotech...

It started back in 1985, I was in middle school when Robotech was advertised on WUTV Buffalo 29 in New York state. WUTV 29 was one of the few U.S. TV station we would be able to receive up here in Canada on the UHF frequencies back in those days.

We were able to get the UHF signal by toying around with the rabbit ears until the signal came through. After the show left from the airwaves. I tried glossing over the Battletech and Robotech RPG's glossing over the art designs thinking about how I wished our family had a VCR back then to record Robotech on a blank tape as VCRs were still quite expensive back in those days.

Robotech left quite an impression, as such to have an influence in my career choices. I picked up my private pilots license and graduated in Aircraft Maintenance Enginneering.

I now work for Pratt & Whitney Canada building the latest generation of advanced jet engine propulsion technologies for both development and manufacturing for the private sector as in business jets, military applications as well as the first private passenger spaceship, the White Knight II. I specifically was involved in the development and building the PW308A that powers the mothership for Branson's Virgin Galactic.

I came back to Robotech around 2001 just by accident during a quick yahoo search finding Robotech.com and now have been back with it ever since.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 3 months ago #8973

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Belated introduction

HEY, WELCOME ABOARD. SAN FRAN? DUDE, I WILL BE GOING TO THE ROBOTECH PANEL AT THE CON OUT THERE AT END OF MONTH. CARL AND TONY WILL BE AT THE PANEL AS WELL.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 months ago #8976

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Belated introduction

Welcome to the boards and welcome back to what appears to be your first love. :P
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 3 months ago #8995

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Belated introduction

Hi Sushipook
You might enjoy this place a little.Well I been into anime since the last 30 years give or take,I remember Star Blazers (Yamato) and faintly remember Battle of the Planets (I hated that one) and I am one of those rare "85ers" who got to watch Robotech when it first aired (we are a dying breed due to no activity on Robotech since Shadow Chronicles) and I more into Voltron and Transformers and I like some Macross shows as well.

See you around.
Pete
14 years 3 months ago #9002

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Belated introduction

Welcome aboard!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 3 months ago #9084

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds