Favorite Anime

• Veritech_IDEON
  • Veritech_IDEON's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Favorite Anime was created by Veritech_IDEON

This could be fun. Let's all list a few our favorite anime. Who knows? Maybe it will spark a discussion.

Here are some of mine, in no particular order.

TV Series: Robotech (of course), Serial Experiments Lain, Space Battleship Yamato, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Space Runaway Ideon, Vision of Escaflowne, Lupin III, Cowboy Bebop, and King of Beasts GoLion.

OAVs: GunBuster, Goshogun: Time Etranger, Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, Tenchi Muyo!, The Ultimate Teacher, Ai no Kusabi, Megazone 23 Part 1, BLAME!, Robotech II: The Sentinels, and Armitage III.

Movies: Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, The Castle of Cagliostro, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?, Ninja Scroll, Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion, Akira, Millenium Actress, Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow, and Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack.
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 8 months ago #1003

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Favorite Anime

:ohmy: I'm surprised no one has responded to this....

Series: Robotech, Fushigi Yuugi, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL

Movies: Princess Mononoke(actually, almost any Ghibli film is great), Paprika, FFVII: Advent Chldren (if you consider this anime)

Manga: Hana Yori Dango, Kare Kano, Kurogane, X-Day, Paradise Kiss, FLCL, I"s, Sugar Sugar Rune, Demon Ororon, Kodocha

I'm probably leaving a lot out. It's late and my brain is dead. I read more manga than I watch anime. I've ran into a lot of anime series lately that are based on incomplete manga series, which means the anime series ends at an odd point and you miss the real end of the story. So it has turned me away from watching so much anime.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
15 years 5 months ago #1883

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Favorite Anime

I love RT but of course I love most all anime in general. My fionce just discovered Inuyasha and now she is seriously addicted to it LMAO. We watch it together on YouTube every night. Too hard to pick just one anime as my favorite though LOL!
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 5 months ago #1892

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

I just wanted to add that While RT is my number one favorite Anime, I've also gotten neck deep in Bleach lately. Really good story and i love the artwork. Very talented crew working that one out :D

I would love to see a battle between Kenpachi and Khyron LOL.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL

15 years 2 months ago #2251

Replied by monkeyDhugo on topic Re:Favorite Anime

gotta go with Cowboy Bebop as my number 1..One Piece is also great
15 years 2 months ago #2254

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

This is the second time I've heard the name Cowboy Bebop. I havn't seen it yet, maybe i'll have to check it out.....

Member of AkL

15 years 2 months ago #2256

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Favorite Anime

Can't believe nobody mentioned Naruto!

That's right up there with Robotech.

1.Robotech
2.Naruto
3.Initial D / Project D
3.Dragon Ball Z

Movies

I'm with UsagiYojimbo (sorry I just picture the rabbit from TMNT when I read your name) any Studio Ghibli movie. Princes Mononoke and My Neighbor Totoro.

Last_valk you guys should check out Naruto. My friend is into both anime Naruto and Bleach and he says they're very similar.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 2 months ago #2257

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

LOL Yeah i'm familiar with Naruto i watch it when i catch it on cable LOL. However my fionce is a rabid anti Naruto Pro Bleachist LMAO I try not to bring it up too often around her LOL!

I also liked InuYasha as well. The four of them seem pretty similar so it figures i like them :D

Member of AkL

15 years 2 months ago #2259

Replied by monkeyDhugo on topic Re:Favorite Anime

Naruto and Bleach have way to many fillers... if i wanted to see a series that has over 100 filler episodes i would watch Inyuasha...One Piece is theee way to go. but of course Cowboy Bebop is thee best..BELIVE IT:P you hafta check it out.
15 years 2 months ago #2263

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

With the exception of the Bount arc i really don't mind the fillers in Bleach. But then i like playing flight sims and watching paint dry as well so that my just be me. Bleach is prolly the only currently in production series that I am REALLY into. I can't wait for Robotech to start up again but for now Bleach will have to do. I just wish it didn't take so long to Localize the episodes. They have some great voice actors doing the english dubs as well. Viz does a pretty good job.

They arn't my favorites but i used to watch these as well...

Voltron(original Movie, I only saw a few episodes of the series)I liked it but it never quite stuck with me like RT.

Ronan Warriors- I watched this pretty faithfully until they stopped running it on me LOL.

Member of AkL

Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Last_Valk_Standing.
15 years 2 months ago #2293

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds