Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick Fast Five (NO SPOILERS!!)

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick Fast Five (NO SPOILERS!!) was created by Lancer

Well this is the start of the Summer Season for Movie Blockbusters...Usually The end of May starts this fiasco but this year it started w/ Fast Five.

This movie is the 5th installment of the Fast & Furious franchise and I have to say it was pretty darn good! I personally have seen 4/5 movie (I REFUSE TO SEE TOKYO DRIFT!!! Even though 1 of the characters in this movie was in that movie)

This movie didnt have as much racing as in previous installments but it did have more Action sequences than its predecessors. Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock has grown Leaps and Bounds as an actor from his first role The Scorpion King. He is a Better Swcharzenegger at his early career.

This movie does have a lot of surprises as well (STAY THROUGH THE EARLY CREDITS!! After the surprise then you can go home)

I will not say what that surprise is of course, but there is your warning!

Fast Five starts what should be this year a Major Pnwage of Movie Blockbuster hits!

Thor
Capt. America
Green Lantern
HP7 pt 2
Cars 2
Cowboys & Aliens
X-Men 1st Class
Priest
Pirates 4
Hangover 2
Kung Fu Panda 2
Transformers 3

So this will definitely drain our wallets but the returns should be equally rewarding!

So on my 1 - 5 Scale of Movie Ranking

5 - Legioss (Greatest Movie since Dark Knight! Must See in theaters)

4 - Alpha Fighter (Good Movie worth seeing in theaters)

3 - Cyclone (Worth seeing as a matinee)

2 - Hovertank (Video movie)

1 - Logan (Why was this movie made?? Total waste of space)

"Lynn Kyle Award for Mediocrity" of this is a Piece of $--- and it is 2 hrs of my life that I will NEVER get back!

I give Fast Five a solid 4...This movie was Fun and the surprise you get at the end will shock you!

Stay tuned next wk for THOR!

Lancer Out!

NONJA!
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
12 years 11 months ago #16019

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick Fast Five (NO SPOILERS!!)

Thanks for the review, there are going to be a lot of huge movies this summer. Two thumbs up.

That rating system hurts though, someone doesn't like Robotech Masters/Southern Cross :(
I'm Curious, why the distinction between a Legioss and Alpha figher?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16023

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick Fast Five (NO SPOILERS!!)

YEAH, THERE WERE PARTS OF THE MOVIE THAT HAD THAT "DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE" BUT THE ACTION THAN SPEED WAS STILL GOOD.

BUT THE ENDING CREDIT CLIP WAS EPIC. BIG WTF SURPRISED MOMENT THROUGHOUT THE THEATER. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SIX INSTALLMENT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16028

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!

Replied by Lancer on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick Fast Five (NO SPOILERS!!)

@Memo, Thanks for Ruining the Spoiler dude!

@RT, A Legios fighter is AWESOME!! In RPG and in the show it has a SHITLOAD of missiles and kicks ass! And the Hovertank is only good for 1 POS Gun in Tank mode, NO MISSILES, and really all it is is a Meatshield!
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
12 years 11 months ago #16029

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick Fast Five (NO SPOILERS!!)

Lancer wrote:

@Memo, Thanks for Ruining the Spoiler dude!

@RT, A Legios fighter is AWESOME!! In RPG and in the show it has a SHITLOAD of missiles and kicks ass! And the Hovertank is only good for 1 POS Gun in Tank mode, NO MISSILES, and really all it is is a Meatshield!

I HAVE NOT SAID NOTHING OF WHAT IS ALREADY KNOW.

:P

ALSO
screenrant.com/weekend-movie-news-fast-f...1-2011-sandy-113271/

Box Office

“What box office slump?” was the question Fast Five asked this weekend. The fifth installment in the Fast and the Furious franchise bested all of its predecessors, including 2009′s record-breaking Fast & Furious, by opening with an estimated $83.6 million gross in the U.S. That helped raise the overall American box office revenue for the weekend – which marked a 50% gain over this same period last year.

Fast Five also hit it off with casual moviegoers and even more finicky film critic types alike (read our review) - needless to say, those early plans for Fast and the Furious 6 weren’t so premature after all.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16031

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds