Opinions needed on the casting of the 13th Doctor....!

• Supervisor-194
  • Supervisor-194's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 5

Opinions needed on the casting of the 13th Doctor....! was created by Supervisor-194

What do YOU think???

6 years 8 months ago #26212

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Opinions needed on the casting of the 13th Doctor....!

Doctor Wha. Check off the Mexican and feminist boxes on the SJW Worksheet in one fell swoop.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
6 years 8 months ago #26218

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Opinions needed on the casting of the 13th Doctor....!

Alpha Bravo wrote: Doctor Wha. Check off the Mexican and feminist boxes on the SJW Worksheet in one fell swoop.

This PC bullshit is ruining entertainment.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
6 years 8 months ago #26227

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic Opinions needed on the casting of the 13th Doctor....!

Two reasons why I dislike the Doctor becoming a woman.

The first one is about creativity. For a few decades, speculating about the Doctor becoming a woman was an interesting fan-passtime. Some fanfiction took it seriously, others joked about it.

Now it's done. Nothing to speculate about.
Might as well prove the identity of Jack the Ripper or the definitive existence or non-existence of Loch Ness Monster or Yeti.

Anyone remember George Lucas deciding while updating the original Star Wars movies in the nineties, the snow man from 'Empire Strikes Back' had to be shown? Fans liked it better when they didn't know. No longer room for their own imagination.
Same thing with canonizing the origins in 1999-2005. Was more fun when we didn't know.

The second one is about discussion. Doctor always being a man because he was born a man might have annoyed some feminists, but most viewers would simply have taken it for granted.
Besides, we had Romana in the seventies and in 2008 'the Doctor's daughter' (unfortunately never showm again since). In other words: there were Time Ladies as well. Simply could have decided to let the Doctor regenerate for a few seasons while a female of his species took over his duties.

Now that the Doctor has become a woman, the discussion is not over. On the contrary, they opened a can of worms. From now on, the Doctor can have ANY gender, ANY skin colour and ANY sexual preference. And no matter WHAT will apply to a new Doctor, it will ALWAYS be considered a choice that will have to be defended and never satisfie everyone.

I watched the series for entertainment and escapism. Instead, it has become yet another discussion topic. I liked the idea of simply forgetting your personal everyday worries and whatever real or imagined problems of society for fouthy-five minutes a week. No longer possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
Last edit: 6 years 4 days ago by Peter Young.
6 years 4 days ago #26472

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Opinions needed on the casting of the 13th Doctor....!

Of course The Doctor had to become a woman because of reeeeeeeeee muh patriarchy!!!!

Feminazis are even pushing for a female James Bond. Why can't they create their own shit? Well brace yourself Peter Young cause the next Doctor is going to be trans gender or one of the 72 genders the alt left believes in.

Trans is the new gay :S

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
6 years 4 days ago #26474

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds