Official artwork of ARK ANGEL by Tommy?

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Official artwork of ARK ANGEL by Tommy?

Towgrin wrote:

Awww, after reading all that from the linked site, it seems like someone probably linked him to a photobucket, or website they opened to where he could get it. From what I gather, Bateman isn't a friend of Tommys. His statement hints that it is someone that Tommy is good friends with, and while that does leave it really vague, it would have to be a fan that Tommy does show that stuff to. That could still be quite a few people.

TRUE THAT TOM IS NOT FRIENDS OF TOMMY AND AS WELL THAT JASON AND TOM WERE ROOMMATES WHILE TOM WORKED FOR HG. ALL THE "ROBOTECH WIKI LEAKS" SURE COST TOM'S JOB IN THE END. THE LEAKS WERE BEING POSTED IN RT.COM AT THE TIME WHILE HE STILL WORKED THERE. DID NOT TAKE LONG PROBABLY TO FIGURE OUT THE CONNECTION BY HG.

THAT BEING SAID...
ANYTIME THERE IS A SUPPOSED LEAK FROM THE ROOMY, JUST SKIP THE LEAK AND GO TO THE SOURCE. MAYBE TOM WOULD SHED SOME "OFF THE RECORD" LIGHT INTO IT. SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME AND RUNAROUND. TOM IS SILL A FAN OF ROBOTECH AND YOU CAN FIND HIM ON FACEBOOK.

I'm surprised that wasn't in the Art of Shadow Chronicles book.

NO COMMENT FROM HG GUYS. JUST THAT IT IS PROPERTY OF HG.

WONDER IF IT'S STILL A POSSIBILITY OF A FUTURE PRODUCTION. WOULD BE NICE TO SEE IT COME TO FRUITION. WONDER IF THE ARK ANGEL OF SHADOW CHRONICLES TRANSFORMS...
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 4 months ago #14022

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Official artwork of ARK ANGEL by Tommy?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ALL THE "ROBOTECH WIKI LEAKS" SURE COST TOM'S JOB IN THE END. THE LEAKS WERE BEING POSTED IN RT.COM AT THE TIME WHILE HE STILL WORKED THERE. DID NOT TAKE LONG PROBABLY TO FIGURE OUT THE CONNECTION BY HG.

I'm not going to get into old news that simply spreads 'He said/She said', but I don't buy this reasoning at all.
13 years 4 months ago #14024

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:Official artwork of ARK ANGEL by Tommy?

^We all know 2+2=5, right? ;) Its easy to point fingers when someone doesn't post on the board. :ohmy:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Towgrin wrote:

I'm surprised that wasn't in the Art of Shadow Chronicles book.

NO COMMENT FROM HG GUYS. JUST THAT IT IS PROPERTY OF HG.

WONDER IF IT'S STILL A POSSIBILITY OF A FUTURE PRODUCTION. WOULD BE NICE TO SEE IT COME TO FRUITION. WONDER IF THE ARK ANGEL OF SHADOW CHRONICLES TRANSFORMS...

Part of the image in question is in the Art of tSC as a preliminary rough sketch, just not the battloid form.
They could have gathered the unused designs and models in that book together into their own chapter.

Isn't confirming its the property of HG considered making a comment? :huh:

Anything is possible with Tommy, he can retcon anything, he likes retconning :silly:

In all seriousness, the main difference between the two versions seems to be the arms/side cannons so all he would have to do is come up with a reason to add them, and make some conduit disappear. [last part was meant to be funny.]
That's assuming Shadow Rising or an equivalent production ever gets made.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 4 months ago #14025

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:Official artwork of ARK ANGEL by Tommy?

I've been rechecking that macrossworld.com thread, and apparently, he's aware of the discussion here. I was able to send him a message to get a statement from him on the facts, and while I'm bound to an agreement of not saying who gave him the images, I can say that it wasn't Tom. To be honest, I'm pretty shocked when he told me who it was, and surprised I didn't pick up on it before.

The story of Tom, the images, the division in fandom, etc. really makes sense now. Of course, I can't verify all of what he said, but I think this is the first time someone actually spent time giving me their version of the straight story without the filler and speculation.

Anyways, back to the actual artwork, I totally agree with the overall sentiment that Shadow Chronicles and any following shows, if any, should have new mecha. Some of those desings look good, wonder if there was some confidence issues with the designs. The Gamma Fighter would've been a great new toy to introduce to Robotech.
13 years 4 months ago #14031

I wonder, would a transforming colony vessel with heavy armaments increase the likelihood of the colony surviving or would it make the colony a bigger target and less likely to arrive at its destination. And what happens to the battle portion of the colony vessel once the colony is deployed to its new home, wouldn't the legs be gutted? Also, the ship seems to be a lot of wasted space unless there are supplies, troops, and/or mecha in the arm and nose sections (inside the cannons).

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 4 months ago #14035

rtsurfer wrote:

^We all know 2+2=5, right? ;) Its easy to point fingers when someone doesn't post on the board. :ohmy:

USED TO BUT WAS THE FIRST ONE BANNED. JUST ABOUT THE SAME TIME HE WENT TO RDF HQ.

AND LIKE BROOK SAYS.. HE SAID/SHE SAID. WHY I SAY GO TO THE SOURCE THAT CAN GET YOU INFO ON ANY ROBOTECH LEAK OF THE PAST. AND THAT WOULD BE TOM. HE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SHED SOME LIGHT INTO THE ART AND LEAKED STUFF.

Towgrin

apparently, he's aware of the discussion here.

HE ALWAYS BEEN AWARE OF EVERYTHING POSTED HERE SINCE DAY ONE.
*WAVES*
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 4 months ago #14041

rtsurfer

I wonder, would a transforming colony vessel with heavy armaments increase the likelihood of the colony surviving or would it make the colony a bigger target and less likely to arrive at its destination. And what happens to the battle portion of the colony vessel once the colony is deployed to its new home, wouldn't the legs be gutted? Also, the ship seems to be a lot of wasted space unless there are supplies, troops, and/or mecha in the arm and nose sections (inside the cannons).

WHAT IF THERE WAS NO COLONY AS WE THINK. WHAT IF THEY HAVE BEEN DUNMPED AND LATER USED AS A MILITARY VESSEL. JUST A THOUGHT. I CAN SEE IT BEING RETROFITTED FOR SOMETHING ELSE.

FIGURING THAT THE OLDER TRANSFORMING MACROSS SDF-1 CAME INTO GOOD USE WOULD MAKE GOOD REASON TO BUILD ANOTHER.

Towgrin

Anyways, back to the actual artwork, I totally agree with the overall sentiment that Shadow Chronicles and any following shows, if any, should have new mecha. Some of those desings look good, wonder if there was some confidence issues with the designs. The Gamma Fighter would've been a great new toy to introduce to Robotech.

I AGREE.

IT SHOULD BE USED OR EXPLORED MORE. EITHER WITH NEW MECHA AND VESSELS AS WELL.
13 years 4 months ago #14042

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black :P

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

USED TO BUT WAS THE FIRST ONE BANNED. JUST ABOUT THE SAME TIME HE WENT TO RDF HQ.

AND LIKE BROOK SAYS.. HE SAID/SHE SAID. WHY I SAY GO TO THE SOURCE THAT CAN GET YOU INFO ON ANY ROBOTECH LEAK OF THE PAST. AND THAT WOULD BE TOM. HE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SHED SOME LIGHT INTO THE ART AND LEAKED STUFF.

Who are you talking about going to RDF-HQ? IINM, Tom hasn't posted over there since like 2005, was this board even around back then?

Are you sure he's the only source who can shed light on leaked stuff from HG? Back in the day Tom told me some stuff but he wouldn't talk about Shadow Chronicles or whatever it was called at the time and the more sensitive topics, my insider info came from other sources, one in particular.

I think Brook was saying he didn't want to deal with the old he said/she said crap. Why are you so anxious to point fingers, we just wanted to know if the art was real or not? Does it really matter who leaked it?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Towgrin

*WAVES*

Who are you talking about, Jasonc or Tom? And how do you know this, do you think this site is so important that everyone ever affiliated with Robotech has to follow what's posted here or maybe you have a source :laugh:

13 years 4 months ago #14044

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

WHAT IF THERE WAS NO COLONY AS WE THINK. WHAT IF THEY HAVE BEEN DUNMPED AND LATER USED AS A MILITARY VESSEL. JUST A THOUGHT. I CAN SEE IT BEING RETROFITTED FOR SOMETHING ELSE.

FIGURING THAT THE OLDER TRANSFORMING MACROSS SDF-1 CAME INTO GOOD USE WOULD MAKE GOOD REASON TO BUILD ANOTHER.

Once you no longer have any new colonies to transport I can see the space being converted for military use but why is the one they stole in SC still designated a SDF Colony? Who hangs around to protect the colony, if its the SDF Colonies then seems like that would be a lot of wasted fire power and transforming technology just to guard two little colony pods. Wouldn't a few older warships have been more cost and resource prohibitive. I guess I just don't get the concept of sticking a couple of colony pods inside a SDF, would make more sense to attack a SDF to a colony fleet.

Wouldn't this have been the first transforming capital ship in Robotech since the SDF-1, in over 30 years? Seems odd but who am I to say.

13 years 4 months ago #14045

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:Official artwork of ARK ANGEL by Tommy?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Towgrin

*WAVES*

Who are you talking about, Jasonc or Tom? And how do you know this, do you think this site is so important that everyone ever affiliated with Robotech has to follow what's posted here or maybe you have a source :laugh:[/quote]

He's probably talking about JasonC. He's the one who told me who the pictures came from, and like I said, it definitely appears it wasn't Tom, but one of Tommy's good fan friends. Without forming an opinion, and being quick to point fingers, I did go to the source of who put the picture out. If you guys are interested in finding out, I'm sure you guys can contact him by that site's message setup, or email, or whatever. It seems like he's willing to divulge it to people who ask. I don't even know the guy, and he was very polite and obliged me. I was actually kinda shocked to know who he got them from, but it's not for me to say. Honestly, I almost wish I didn't know, cause it now makes what some people have said to be a complete lie. For some of you guys, who have been around for awhile, and know the various parties involved, you maybe interested to know, but for someone like me, it's probably a bit too much info that I didn't really need, but it does explain a lot of things.

As for the art itself, I don't think they need the transformable ships, unless they really are trying to copy Macross, but the new mecha idea definitely needs to be explored, as well as new ship designs.

After reading the other sites messages, supposedly there was a hover-cyclone?!?! I asked if he was willing to put that up, and he (JasonC) said that he had to search for the printout he made. The files are gone, and the link he had is either shut down, or he wrote it down wrong and can't get back to it. Crossing fingers in hopes of seeing more of those pages he had.
13 years 4 months ago #14050

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds