How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

for me I enjoyed the shadow Chronicles. Any way hg is would rather improve on new productions than remake an old one.
13 years 2 weeks ago #15314

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

^There may eventually be some kind of extended or special edition to make more money but I seriously doubt HG would ever fix SC. If HG was actively working on SR then I would say yeah they need to figure out what was wrong with SC and make those improvements on the next installment. Since SR is somehow linked to RLAM it seems very unlikely we will see it for some time, possibly not until WBs license on RLAM expires (however long that is).

Memo's describing (Chase Masterson) Janice's singing as mumbling reminded me of something else that seems off with SC. The returning characters don't really sound like themselves. Most of them were reprised by their original voice actors but something is just off, especially with the Regis. I could tell who they were supposed to be but I think the sound mixing wasn't matched to how it was in the original series. Yeah, I realize twenty years has passed and audio technology is different but I still think they should have tried to match the sound of the original voices. I don't know, maybe its just me :laugh:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 1 week ago #15404

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

Agreed, HG will never fix SC though they could always add a 30 second scene in the future to milk another release. But why would they even want to fix it? Remember, SC was an award winning, top rated Japanese Anime that sold gangbusters. Still, hopefully they can learn from SC and, given that it could be decades before we see SR, they can make SR equal to the quality of other products released in the future.
13 years 1 week ago #15410

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

rtsurfer wrote:

Fleeing from the Haydonite treachery, the last Colony Dimensional Fortress, Archangel, leads a small shadow technology-less combat force on a lonely quest in search of Adimiral Hunter and the SDF-3, away from a defenseless planet Earth. ;)

I always felt the Haydonites were lame, why couldnt the enemy have been rogue zentraedi or something?

also as I've pointed out in the past, the characters don't need giant knockers. The original show didnt rely on that then, so why should it now?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 1 week ago #15418

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

I like the Haydonite. There sheath teck allows them do ambushes that can crush the enemy. With all there other enemies you can see there attach coming.
13 years 1 week ago #15422

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

The Haydonites aren't a bad choice for an enemy. Machines can come across as cold and heartless villains. I also like the mystery aspect and uncertainty although the movie might have given away too much.

Did I understand their immediate goal correctly, to gave Humans advanced Robotechnology so they could take it away making them essentially helpless?

For some reason they remind me of the cylons in the new battlestar galactica, and can't forget parts are very reminiscent of Macross II too.
They're disjointed, it seems like the awareness pulls the leaders strings and they figuratively push buttons then things happen pretty much how they were prophecized, another new BSG element. About all the detail we know of their forces is the dude who pops out after Jance, so Macross II.

What's up with their mecha and capital ships? They seem buglike but with armor plating. The armor seems to be surrounding the core and not a part of it. Wouldn't a machine race integrate the heart of their vessels with its outer shell? And whats with the mecha being so bulky and disproportionate? Sure the Haydonites physical bodies are essentially the same way but is applying this to their mecha efficient and effective? Wouldn't it make more sense for their mecha to be streamlined craft that transforms into a sleek humanoid or maybe even some kind of mechanical death walker with lots of arms/legs to maneuver with and manipulate weapons. Something that allows the weak and bodiless Haydonites to become sleek, deadly solders.

But I degress as this thread is about fixing TSC not complaining over how it was done. Although replacing the vessels and mecha or even making alterations to the existing ones might help, IMO. Yeah, like HG is going to spend money on replacing the mecha, especially since TPTB probably think they're great and maybe I'm way off base and most people think they are as well.

Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 1 week ago #15424

Going back to Brook's original post... I don't think they should separate the Battle of Reflex Point from the rest of the movie, they mainly need to tighten up some of those scenes to make their dialogue and action jive better with the last TNG episodes. They should probably remove some of the scenes like the ones where Ariel interacts with the Regis, just keep the Regis' speech and her actions against the neutron s and REF. Let the Regis' declarations stand on their own, don't put a spin on them. The movie needs some footage added showing the Regis' phoenix destroying REF vessels and apparently attacking the SDF-4. Why sugar coat her departure, let it be what they were in TNG.

I do agree with Brook that Scott's departure and the Icarus' return (time dilation from the black hole) should be set months after the Battle of Reflex Point. Scott should tell them about Ariel and they should invite her to meet with them.

It would be nice if they showed a tactical map of capital ships being moved into SSL's quadrant in anticipation of a Haydonite attack. When the Icarus reaches SSL, they should attack the Haydonites from behind with their synchro cannon, damaging some of their ships and giving the REF a chance to counterattack with their missiles and other operational weapons. After being deactivated the Icarus heads for SSL. There they help its personnel get its antiquated fold generators online, warn the remaining REF vessels to retreat, activate a neutron s missile, dump it outside as they fold away... leaving a worm hole behind.

Why was SSL empty, did they evacuate it before the Haydonites showed up? Why didn't it have any defenses or the ability to fold away?

13 years 1 week ago #15443

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Brooklyn-Red-Leg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

rtsurfer wrote:

Why was SSL empty, did they evacuate it before the Haydonites showed up? Why didn't it have any defenses or the ability to fold away?

As someone said already, it was something from The Masters War so it was sacrificed for no reason cause Tommy hates Southern Cross.
13 years 1 week ago #15446

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

spark300c wrote:

I like the Haydonite. There sheath teck allows them do ambushes that can crush the enemy. With all there other enemies you can see there attach coming.

Zentraedi are more bad ass in my opinion
The Haydonites are too star trek-ish

so yes, the enemy should have been rogue zentraedi =]

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 1 week ago #15447

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Brooklyn-Red-Leg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

Biollante wrote:

spark300c wrote:

Zentraedi are more bad ass in my opinion
The Haydonites are too star trek-ish

They were poorly executed, as are most things done for Robotech. The Wraith fighter wasn't a bad design, per se. It just looks fucking awful done with nothing but low-grade CGI.

so yes, the enemy should have been rogue zentraedi =]

Uh, no. They would be accused of ripping off Macross, so no reason to do rogue Zentraedi at this late a date in Robotech.
13 years 1 week ago #15448

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds