How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

For me, RTSC is kinda like ... mehhh ...

Story wise or character wise ... heck, any RT production should atleast make us root for new characters .... instead, I'd rooted out for Scott & Marlene/Ariel than whatsisname & Maia Sterling ....

Can they fix it? Well, if they don't have the fund to redo the whole nine yards, just commission a new series of comic miniseries on RTSC & expanded upon its storyline. Fans will lap it up.
12 years 9 months ago #17164

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

gravytrain wrote:

I did not know shadow chronicle was robotech too boy am I slow in the head

It's an easy mistake to make. When it first came out I thought it was a Mospeada sequel. ;)
12 years 9 months ago #17170

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

ps99041 wrote:

gravytrain wrote:

I did not know shadow chronicle was robotech too boy am I slow in the head

It's an easy mistake to make. When it first came out I thought it was a Mospeada sequel. ;)

Hell, eventhough I knew firsthand that RTSC is RT, I still treated it as a sequel to Mospeada .... :laugh: :laugh:

And now, they actually went back and redid Mospeada Love Live Alive .... for RT Love Live Alive 2012.
12 years 4 months ago #17849

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

I have now watched this 3 or 4 times and once with the commentary on(that was....not great.)

Anyway I agree with most of what Brook said.

There is not much tension to be had and what they did try was very forced.

I agree All of the mecha should be cell shaded. The Cyclones looked great that way.

Movement should also be addressed. A ton of things just look like they are floating across the screen.

Another thing to add is that maybe had Scott rejected Ariel in the beginning only to realize he needs her and was wrong could have also added a much needed point of drama to the story.

I did like some of the battle sequences and the idea behind the story is good.

Just add more drama,cell shading,characterization,reasoning and take out the over abundant boobs and silly one liners for the sequel please.
11 years 4 months ago #19892

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Re: How to fix the mess that is The Shadow Chronicles.....

Essentially there was no human drama element.

The strongest parts of TSC, to the best of my memory, were Marcus and Alex hanging around, Ariel and the Regis in the Central Hive, and Scott and Vince Grant in the Cyclones. That's it. The entire rest of the movie was pointless, boring filler that I just didn't even care about.

The essence and soul of Robotech was simply not present in TSC. While the list in the OP is good, I think the best way to fix it is to pretend it never happened. Interestingly, the same fate as that of the Sentinels, and End of the Circle.

In each of the original shows that comprised Robotech, the story was never about Robotechnology. It was about the people who happened to use Robotechnology. When Ariel told Scott that the reason Haydonites were attacking was because "they fear the awesome power of Robotechnology", it was supposed to be some mind-blowing revelation, but personally I was thinking, "...that's IT?" There's got to be more to it than that!

TSC is a perfect opportunity to forge an uneasy alliance between the REF and the Invid Regis, to combat a common enemy who has a longstanding history with the Invid and the Masters. Surely that history could entail something a lot more compelling and imaginative than the fear of what possible applications someone halfway across the galaxy might come up with for a cold-fusion power reactor.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
8 years 7 months ago #21413

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds