Would U like a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?Michael bradley onboard?

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

What's wrong with using the Robotech tv series bgm and New Gen songs by Michael Bradley for RTLLA or maybe even the newer versions by Michael Bradley?

NOTHING. THEY ALREADY THERE. OLD MUSIC I MEAN. BUT NOT MUCH WAS USED IN THE NEW PRODUCTION OF SHADOW CHRONICLES.

FOR ADDITIONAL MUSIC THOUGHT I THINK HG WILL TALK TO MICHAEL ONCE THE TIME IS RIGHT. IT'S STILL GOOD TO BRING IN THE INVASION GAME COMPOSER AS WELL. SINCE I BELIEVE THE SAME WILL BE DONE WITH RLLA. CHANGING THE MUSIC.

I can understand a project wanting to stand on it own, but if its a sequel or direct spinoff it doesn't hurt for the theme, bgm and songs to make the listener/viewer think of the original. The music in Shadow Chronicles didn't make me think of Robotech, IMO the remix of the main theme wasn't even done very well.
I couldn't remember the Invasion soundtrack so I listened to some of it on youtube, its not like I haven't heard the music before as both my son and I have played the game. IMO its bad, worse than Shadow Chronicles. Granted it makes me think of video games but I would never imagine in a million years it was from a Robotech project.
I seriously hope RTLLA doesn't sound anything like either SC or Invasion. It apparently will be a story directly following, directly before, in parallel and overlapping with New Gen, IMO if anything needs to sound like or evoke Robotech especially New Gen it would be this project.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 2 months ago #17931

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Well firstly, I think Jesper Kyd while a good music composer in his own right. The musical style he used for the Robotech Invasion game didnt' really fit well with Robotech.

Robotech really needs a symmphonic, orchestral type music similar to what Ulpio Minucci did with Robotech. Similar in fashion to John Williams and later to some extent Scott Glasgow who scored the Shadow Chronicles soundtrack that felt like a fusion of both Ulpio Minucci and John Williams.

It really needs to be EPIC, like Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, etc. :)

I'd say bring Scott Glasgow back, he really did a excellent job scoring and composing the music for Shadow Chronicles, the music was one of the high hallmarks for Shadow Chronicles.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
12 years 2 months ago #17937

Replied by Shadow-Leader on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Well here is a wild, and crazy idea, but why not see if John Williams would be willing to do the Soundtrack for Robotech Shadow Rising. After all they had Mark Hamil in SC, so why not bring more people from Star Wars into Robotech? He might be able to come up with a kick ass soundtrack.
Shadow Leader
12 years 2 months ago #17957

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Shadow Leader wrote:

Well here is a wild, and crazy idea, but why not see if John Williams would be willing to do the Soundtrack for Robotech Shadow Rising. After all they had Mark Hamil in SC, so why not bring more people from Star Wars into Robotech? He might be able to come up with a kick ass soundtrack.
Shadow Leader

That would be totally awesome if they could get Williams. The only problem is they can't afford him. They were able to afford Hamill since he only said about 30 words in the entire Shadow Chronicle which lasted seconds. Maybe Williams could be considered for the LAM but he (and even us fans) may not be alive by the time a LAM is made.
12 years 2 months ago #17958

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

ps99041 wrote:

That would be totally awesome if they could get Williams. The only problem is they can't afford him. They were able to afford Hamill since he only said about 30 words in the entire Shadow Chronicle which lasted seconds. Maybe Williams could be considered for the LAM but he (and even us fans) may not be alive by the time a LAM is made.

I DON'T THINK VOICE ACTORS GET PAID BY HOW MUCH TIME THEY HAVE ON A SCRIPT. THEY ALL GOT PAID FOR WHAT THE UNION ALLOWS THEM TOO IN HOURS OR SESSIONS. SO MARK COULD HAVE PLAYED MORE ROLES IF THE SCRIPT WAS CALLED FOR IT.

JOHN WILLIAMS WOULD BE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR A MOVIE LIKE SHADOW CHRONICLES AND SHADOW RISING AND EVEN FOR RLLA. YOU WOULD NEED A HUGE EXPENSIVE PRODUCTION LIKE A LIVE ACTION MOVIE OR LIVE ACTION MOVIE GAMES. AND STILL PROBABLY HE WILL JUST DO ONE SONG/THEME.

IF HE EVER COMPOSES A RLAM THEN COOL. HE BE DOING THE WHOLE SCORE. BUT EVEN THEN ONE THEME WOULD BE NICE.

JOHN WILLIAMS
www.imdb.com/name/nm0002354/
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 2 months ago #17960

Replied by Shadow-Leader on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Well I think that they should just hurry up and make the rest of the Robotech series, and then do some of the sub series like Clone, and even do the entire Macross series as well.
Shadow Leader
12 years 2 months ago #17968

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Shadow Leader wrote:

Well I think that they should just hurry up and make the rest of the Robotech series, and then do some of the sub series like Clone, and even do the entire Macross series as well.
Shadow Leader

What's "Clone"?
12 years 2 months ago #17980

Robotech Clone was a comic series that takes place many years after Rick and Lisa. It is almost like a what if kind of story. What if there were more Zentraedi out there just wanting to find a war, and such. or they could do Robotech Return to Macross, yet another comic series.
Shadow Leader
12 years 2 months ago #17987

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Honestly, I rather have Scott Glasgow back as his work on Robotech:TSC was the hallmark for the film! :)
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
12 years 2 months ago #17989

Yeah his work was really awesome, I was rather impressed with Robotech the Shadow Chronicles myself, but there could be some who do not share that opinion.
Shadow Leader
12 years 2 months ago #17992

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds