Shadow Chronicles Rant

• Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic Shadow Chronicles Rant

:laugh macross 7 was decent and macross frontier and even macross0.
macross dynamite was ok too.
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 10 months ago #22360

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Peter Young
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Peter Young on topic Shadow Chronicles Rant

Jonathan seems to be of like mind. I recommend not just watching this video

but reading his posts on this subject as well:

EotC/Shadow Chronicles post 1: Louie Nichols - thisrobotechthing.tumblr.com/p ...
EotC/Shadow Chronicles post 2: Vince & Jean Grant - thisrobotechthing.tumblr.com/p ...
EotC/Shadow Chronicles post 3: Scott Bernard & Marlene/Ariel - thisrobotechthing.tumblr.com/p ...
EotC/Shadow Chronicles post 4: More on Marlene/Ariel - thisrobotechthing.tumblr.com/p ...
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Peter Young.
7 years 10 months ago #22361

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Shadow Chronicles Rant

More Minmay thoughts!

Her story begins as she is a teenage nobody who gets sucked into space with the SDF-1. During its trip back to Earth, she becomes a pop culture celebrity... aboard the SDF-1. Remember, no one on Earth has any idea she even exists. She is a big fish in a small pond.

Earth never meets Minmay until her return shortly before the Rain of Death, which decimated most of the planet's surface. In the aftermath of which, she travels around her LOCAL AREA, singing for donations of food and well wishes. And then she supposedly leaves with the SDF-3, for reasons that I cannot even begin to fathom.

Fast forward to Scott Bernard. He crashes somewhere in South America, travels north through the jungle, commandeers a boat at Panama, sails to west coast North America, crosses the Rocky Mountains and discovers Denver Colorado under a sheet of ice, then proceeds northeast to Reflex Point. Two generations later, people in other countries are still listening to Minmay's music. Somehow she managed to become a worldwide pop culture phenomenon. That simply could not have happened if she'd left with the REF. I'd posit that it makes more sense for Minmay to have stayed behind on Earth, and should not even be in The Sentinels at all.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 10 months ago #22364

:whistle: don't forget the holograph image in macross2

#Biden not my President!
7 years 10 months ago #22367

ds55 wrote: :whistle: don't forget the holograph image in macross2

Well what I mean is that if Minmay is the reason The Sentinels can't happen, then get rid of her. Her story arc was the love triangle with Rick and Lisa, which concluded at the end of Episode 36. That is a fine end for her story, and there's really nothing for her to do in The Sentinels anyway.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 10 months ago #22368

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Shadow Chronicles Rant

Now that I think of it, why couldn't Minmei have been the one lost in the black hole? This is the same girl who went back for her diary amidst a zentraedi attack because she thought someone would read it? Stupid, stupid! She is worthy of a Darwin award.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
7 years 10 months ago #22370

LadyGrimes wrote: Now that I think of it, why couldn't Minmei have been the one lost in the black hole? This is the same girl who went back for her diary amidst a zentraedi attack because she thought someone would read it? Stupid, stupid! She is worthy of a Darwin award.

As someone who prefers Minmay over Lisa, I did still get a chuckle out of this.

Perhaps they deserve their own thread. I'll get right on that.
7 years 10 months ago #22372

Yep. A brief appearance

#Biden not my President!
7 years 10 months ago #22390

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by tschenks on topic Shadow Chronicles Rant

Alpha Bravo wrote: I had another thought on this. If Minmay is, indeed, THE reason The Sentinels cannot be made, simply write her out of it. I don't recall her role in the story being of any significance. And I don't think anyone shed any tears over End of the Circle being non-canon.

Because Lancer/Yellow Dancer, supposedly an REF soldier, was singing Minmei songs during the Next Generation series, and "Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles" shows Minmei's non/now "Sentinels"-era inclusion.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by tschenks.
6 years 6 months ago #26333

Yeah keep misa & Hilary in the light,end of macross.

#Biden not my President!
6 years 6 months ago #26334

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds