When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

• City of Fright
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 18

When are we going to see a new robotech fighter? was created by City of Fright

I found an image from Hobby Japan back in 2012.
I don't have a translation and I have not found any other artwork based off this design.
The image clearly looks like a sleeker, more streamlined version of the alpha and beta.
Why isn't harmony gold using a new design by now.
They could at least look at the artwork from 2012.
What are your thoughts?
7 years 9 months ago #22463
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

Ask, instead, when are we going to see a new Robotech?

HG doesn't have any creativity of its own. This should be apparent by now.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 9 months ago #22465

• City of Fright
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by City of Fright on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

It's more like hg doesn't have any credibility.
7 years 9 months ago #22466

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

IF ANYTHING WILL PROBABLY COME OUT OF SONY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
7 years 9 months ago #22474

• City of Fright
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by City of Fright on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

First it was Warner Brothers, now it's Sony. I wouldn't be surprised if Universal gets it next, then disney.
What has hg said all these years, they own robotech. If it's there franchise then there responsible for it.
What was the first fighter mecha design that they created for their franchise, is there a final render, was it animated, were any figures made, any models? Except for some enemy designs most of the material they have were simply purchased after it was created over 30 years, or re-designed based on those designs. They had plenty of time to create from scratch their own material to revive their franchise. Instead we're waiting for sony or who ever else it gets passed off to get it done.
When does hg start showing responsibility and start making progress themselves instead of just deflecting the risk and blame on someone else?
7 years 9 months ago #22483

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

You're beating a dead horse at this point. What you are saying is what every Robotech fan has been thinking for many years. HG messed up, they will never admit they messed up, and there's no point either way, because it's done and over with. The best new material will only come from our own imaginations, as we pine away for the lost days of our youth, and the limitless potential of what could have been, but will never be.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 9 months ago #22489

• City of Fright
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

My mistake, it's not a franchise. It's a smoke and mirrors novelty act. As soon as someone actually makes something out of it or stops spending money on it, it's no better than a coma patient, no offense to coma patients.

As this artwork came out of hobby japan inserted into a five page article including models of the
AFC-01H Legioss ETA & AFC-01I Legioss IOTA, one gets to wonder why this image was released.
We're they planing to use it, if hg has a license with Tatsunoko do they even communicate with each other at all?
I'm Guessing they haven't communicated with each other in a very very long time and the image was only thrown into
the article for cheap fan service.

Before anymore comments are made I would like to state that I am more interested in thoughts, information and artwork about this or any other possible ideas of how this design might look in a more finished render and in other modes.

Obviously I should have worded the subject line differently.
7 years 9 months ago #22494

In the meantime, we have a four letter word game, why not play some of that
7 years 9 months ago #22496

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by dpvideoigre on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

This design from 2012 is very interesting.

I have found re-design of Legioss and Tread
by Kakinuma Hideki from 2007 issue of Hobby Japan Magazine.

On gearsonline There are both of them with Kakinuma Hideki explanation:

-Legioss Re-Imagined on gearsonline

-Tread Re-Imagined on gearsonline

I have also noticed this design on mecha journal site.
They have incorporated this redesigned Legioss in the Robotech Universe( click here ).

Then I decided to create 3d model based on a
re-design of Legioss by Kakinuma Hideki.

This is Legioss by Kakinuma Hideki from
2007 issue of Hobby Japan Magazine:

And this is my 3D model:

I have posted more pictures of this new alpha on Robotech Fan Projects.

I am not planning to create battloid
and guardian mode because that is too complicated for me.

And I am am not planning to create Beta fighter for this new Alpha,
because sometimes Alpha and Beta veritechs don't get along:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 8 months ago #23176
Attachments:

I just noticed in the original post:

"Mars Bace"

MARS BACE.

LOLJAPAN
7 years 8 months ago #23180

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds