When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

• City of Fright
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 18

Replied by City of Fright on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

I've seen that design before and the beta / tread that was illustrated with it, nice to see some 3D rendering of it.

I don't know how I missed the misspelling of bace (Base).

Speaking of the beta I've not really been keen on the idea. I mean you've made this fighter and added a
backpack mecha making it a two stage fighter. Its like saying you made this fighter, sent it into battle and found out
its not good enough so instead of replacing it with a better fighter you designed a large bulky add on to go on the back of it,
and that doesn't effect the performance in a negative way. If anything I would like to see the beta become more of a smaller
more streamlined weapons pack with several variations and independent capabilities, like a cross between a drone, a weapons
rack and an automated sentry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 9 months ago #23237

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

City of Fright wrote: I've seen that design before and the beta / tread that was illustrated with it, nice to see some 3D rendering of it.

I don't know how I missed the misspelling of bace (Base).

Speaking of the beta I've not really been keen on the idea. I mean you've made this fighter and added a
backpack mecha making it a two stage fighter. Its like saying you made this fighter, sent it into battle and found out
its not good enough so instead of replacing it with a better fighter you designed a large bulky add on to go on the back of it,
and that doesn't effect the performance in a negative way. If anything I would like to see the beta become more of a smaller
more streamlined weapons pack with several variations and independent capabilities, like a cross between a drone, a weapons
rack and an automated sentry.

Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense really, the Alpha was designed to be smaller and lighter than the VF-1, and also designed with interstellar operations in mind... yet it apparently doesn't have enough power to achieve orbit without the Beta attached. Seems like a pretty glaring oversight. I'd revise it to be able to achieve orbit on its own, with as you said the Beta providing various auxiliary support options, including but not limited to, increased thrust, bunch of extra missiles, heavy special weapons like Synchro Cannons and Reflex Missiles, etc.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 9 months ago #23238

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

NEW FIGHTER,?
MOST PROBABLY AFTER AQUAMAN IS DONE BY WB. THATS WHEN JAMES WAN CAN START ON THE RLAM AND MAYBE EVEN NEW ANIMATION. WITH SONY THINGS CAN CHANGE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
7 years 9 months ago #23259

• Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

:) interesting
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
7 years 9 months ago #23271

• City of Fright
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 18

Replied by City of Fright on topic When are we going to see a new robotech fighter?

Lets add a few other auxiliary units like,

Electronic warfare - radar jamming & communication jamming or system hacking.
This would probably have to be small or light weight and stealthy.

Recon drone. Lets face it, alien planets aren't always going to have a satellite network.

Heavy artillery. Imagine a large drone that can land and convert into an artillery unit, can be used by infantry or automated
or if you really need a gun pod to blow something up, can be used by larger mecha.

How about something with a built in weapons case, like Nicholas D. Wolfwood's cross gun (Punisher).
Take what you need if you think you need it, don't forget to share.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 9 months ago #23276

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds