Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

Uh Oh.

Well in the end they're shelling out some dough, so gotta listen to them. This could be interpreted in two ways: 1.) Warner Brothers plans to follow the Shadow Chronicles into Shadow Rising and not the original show.

2.) They want to get the live action out there before Shadow Rising so there is time for both projects in an orderly manner.

I sure hope its 2.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 9 months ago #558

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

Yeah i think it's #2. If HG is busy with SR then they won't have as much time to assist WB as Warner would like(or us!) The more HG is involved the better so i'd say this is good news.
*crosses fingers*:silly:
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 9 months ago #563

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

As for Shadow Rising, Kev stated that Warner Brothers asked HG to put it on hold until Warnerbrothers can get their Robotech production organised, so the production of Shadow Rising has been put on hiatus.

Kev was quick to say that the production has NOT been cancelled, only that Warnerbrothers wanted HG to put it on hold until they could get their produciton side caught up and the two could work together smoothly to deliver a strong product. What Warnerbrothers wants, they get.

i just posted this in the other thread... about how tommy was certain hg can still move forward with the animation.

to weird.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 9 months ago #567

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

This seems like an odd contradiction here. I can understand why they would put something on hold but if Tommy said something otherwise... :unsure: This makes no sense. Can WB really throw their weight around like that?
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL

15 years 9 months ago #576

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

You do know what lies beyond Robotech TSC, right?

Seriously, its Macross Frontier! New ROBOTECH products such as RTLAM & RT: Shadow Rising peobably be in 2010, thus giving Macross franchise to trample & dominate mecha anime genre once again ... from all accounts, highly successful!

As Renka Lee signature Nyan-Nyan commercial's dance routine addicted a lot of people all over the world, IT IS A MUST for Robotechies to be folded into Renka Lee's cultural-deculture-contamination mode!

" Nyan-Nyan, Nyan-Nyan, Ni Hao Nyan
Gorgeous, Delicious, DECULTURE!!!!"
15 years 7 months ago #1105

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

WB probably doesn't want another Robotech feature to compete with their own. If the live action is made and is successful, I wouldn't be surprised if Harmony Gold loses the rights to any Robotech sequels to WB.
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 7 months ago #1110

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

he hehe...Nyan- Nyan....;)

Member of AkL

15 years 7 months ago #1126

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

well, loosing rights is not that easy.

HG still maintains rights as of now. but what we know more of, is that when hg went on this venture on the dvd, they went it alone.

funimation did not jump in to late in the game. and thats a plus that they did not go with adv..

adv is in the tank now... they loosing license and money and i think they did not even have a booth like they did years before.

so with teh recent succes of transformers, wb has jumped in and we might just start seeing more of robotech than we think. the straight to dvd movie that was originally planed by hg is now probably a future cartoon in tv and may i wish...a live action t.v. series. and to go along with the rlam.

manny possibilities as of now. and that swhat HG has been saying as of now. there are to manny things in teh works. and i think they (hg and wb) are bouncing of plans after a succes of the series.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 7 months ago #1140

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

I am not sure if I want to see a live-action series. First let's see what they do with the Movie, then if all goes well, the possible series.

I just don't want ROBOTECH to become another one of those C grade Sci-Fi Channel shows that I flip through once in a while but seems like cheese in the end.

Stick to animation.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 7 months ago #1143

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

Yeah that is what worries me about a live TV series. What i see when i look at Sci-Fi is third rate. To do that to RT would be a crime. But then with WB at the finacial Helm... I don't know. there are to many 'But, and If' situations here at the moment.

Member of AkL

15 years 7 months ago #1184

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds