Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

I don't want to keep my hopes too much. Chances are, better HG started to cooperate with DR Movie & Tatsunoko, get Kenji Terada & Shinji Aramaki inputs, whipped up a new GSC Mospeada II sequel, with full Korean production & Japanese voice-over. When the series finished aired at Asian market, the Mospeada II could easily be ported back as new RT series with adjustment to the original script & storyline.

Since Tommy Yune come up with a so-so, not-so-great RTSC, this time around, let the original RT staff writers on board under Macek to helm the new animated RT series.

Those original team always worked the best for RT!
15 years 7 months ago #1296

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

I don't want to keep my hopes too much. Chances are, better HG started to cooperate with DR Movie & Tatsunoko, get Kenji Terada & Shinji Aramaki inputs, whipped up a new GSC Mospeada II sequel, with full Korean production & Japanese voice-over. When the series finished aired at Asian market, the Mospeada II could easily be ported back as new RT series with adjustment to the original script & storyline.

Mospeada was never really a giant hit in Japan. It had a small, dedicated fanbase and there was talk of a sequel that eventually became Megazone 23. After all these years, I wonder if Mospeada is still well-remembered in Japan to justify making a Mospeada II.

If you think about it, a Mospeada II won't necessarily fit into Robotech that easily, just like how Macross Plus and Macross 7 wouldn't really fit Robotech, even though they're Macross sequels.

A Mospeada sequel would probably take into account the fact that Mars Base and Jupiter Base were actual places on those planets, and that they occasionally fought each other. Stick would no longer have feelings for Aisha because he hates her for being an Inbit. Among other things.

All this would be hard to reconcile with Robotech, I think.

Since Tommy Yune come up with a so-so, not-so-great RTSC, this time around, let the original RT staff writers on board under Macek to helm the new animated RT series.

Those original team always worked the best for RT!

I second that. I want them to find some cheap way (comic book, online animation, webcomic, etc.) to finish The Sentinels as per Macek's original plan. Then I think they should finally go ahead on Robotech III: The Odyssey, so we can find out what REALLY happened to the SDF-3 and her crew. And maybe after that they could redo Robotech 3000 with an anime style instead of ugly 3D animation.

Unfortunately, I doubt any of this will ever happen.:(
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 7 months ago #1297

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

I second that. I want them to find some cheap way (comic book, online animation, webcomic, etc.) to finish The Sentinels as per Macek's original plan. Then I think they should finally go ahead on Robotech III: The Odyssey, so we can find out what REALLY happened to the SDF-3 and her crew. And maybe after that they could redo Robotech 3000 with an anime style instead of ugly 3D animation.

PROBLEM IS... HOW DO YOU PROVE IT AS AFAILURE OR A SO SO STORY?

WE ONLINE GUYS CAN DEBATE THE STORY DESIGN OUT OF IT AND JUST END UP WITH A FEW OPINIONS ABOUT IT.

WITH FUNIMATION BANKING AND HG BANKING AS WELL IN THIS MOVIE AND OUTSELLING AND OUTPERFORMING OTHER ANIME TITLES, INCLUDING FULL METAL ALCHEMIST, YOU FIGURE AN EAR TO US ONLINE FANS, COMPARED TO THE HUGE NON ONLINE FANS THAT OUTNUMBER US 1000 TO 1 (FIGURELY SPEAKING) ITS HARD TO PROVE IT OR SAY ITS A FAILURE.

BASECALLY, A SUCCES CAME OUT OF SHADOW CHRONICLES THAT EVEN WB AND TOBEY JUMPED ON BOARD SO FAST COUSING HG TO HOLD BACK ON FUTURE PRODUCTION OF TEH ANIMATED SERIES FOR A RLAM.

NUMBERS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS IN THIS BUISNESS. AND SO FAR AS ONLINE FANS, WITH OUR OPINIONS HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CHAGE A THING IN THIS FRANCHISE.

ASKING HG TO COME BACK AND FINISH SENTINALS FOR A FEW HARD-STRICKEN FANS ON A FAILED PROJECT BY 3 FAILED PROJECTS AFTER ITS ORIGINAL SERIES (ROBOTECH MOVIE, SENTINALS. ROBOTECH 3000) UNDER MACEK TO 1 BY TOMMY YUNE, TOM BATEMAN (WHO IS NO LONGER WITH HG) AND STEVE YUNE SHADOW CHRONICLES... IS A VERY LONG SHOT.

ITS LIKE BROOK.. (SORRY DUDE.. YOU A FRIEND AND ALL AND DONT MEAN NO DISRISPECT) IS IN QUITE THE VOICE OF THE MINORITY AND WHAT HAS THIS MINORITY CHANGED TO THEIR PASSION THAT IS MORE OBVIOUS TO TEH FANBASE AS A WHOLE TO ANYOEN OUT THEIR SAYING THEY WANT TO CONTINUE FAILED PRODUCTIONS.. AND ORIGINALY UNDER MACEK.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 7 months ago #1300

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

TO ADD ABOUT MACEK AND HE DID HAVE A PART IN HELPING WITH SHADOW CHRONICLES. NOT IN ITS DIRECTION, BUT SOME UNIVERSE TO IT.

WHO IS TO SAY HE IS NOT AT HG HELPING OUT WITH TEH RLAM OR THE CONTINUEING SERIES?PEOPLE AT COMIC CON ASKED HIM IF HE STILL WITH HG. AND WE AL SAW THOSE SMIRKS DIRECTED AT TOMMY YUNE AND THEY HOLDING BACK ON WHATS GOING ON. AND I THINK MACEK, CONSIDERING HE MOVED TO TOWN DURRING THE PRODUCTION STAGE OF SHADOW CHRONICLES IS NOT HEAR FOR THE HIGH PRICE OF GAS AND CALIFORNIA SUN. BUT WE WILL SEE WHAT MACEK IS REALLY UP TO.

ALSO, TO ADD. SINCE ADV IS GOING UNDER AND SELLING ITS TITLES OUT LIKE HOT CAKES, WONDER WHO WILL PICK UP THE ROBOTECH SERIES? FUNIMATION? SINCE THEY HAVE SHADOW CHRONICLES.. A FULL ROBOTECH 85 SERIES AND HOPE BACK TO THE ORIGINAL LEGACY COLLECTORS LIKE ME, WOULD NOT MIND A RE-MAKE OF A NEW BOX SET.

HMMMMM....

AND WEED OUT SOUTHERN CROSS :P
*DUCKS*
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
15 years 7 months ago #1301

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

TO ADD ABOUT MACEK AND HE DID HAVE A PART IN HELPING WITH SHADOW CHRONICLES. NOT IN ITS DIRECTION, BUT SOME UNIVERSE TO IT.

Frank Agrama asked him for a run down of where he thought the story should go, and then they consulted him to fill any of the blanks during production. He also wrote the preface for The Art of Shadow Chronicles, I believe.

WHO IS TO SAY HE IS NOT AT HG HELPING OUT WITH TEH RLAM OR THE CONTINUEING SERIES?PEOPLE AT COMIC CON ASKED HIM IF HE STILL WITH HG. AND WE AL SAW THOSE SMIRKS DIRECTED AT TOMMY YUNE AND THEY HOLDING BACK ON WHATS GOING ON. AND I THINK MACEK, CONSIDERING HE MOVED TO TOWN DURRING THE PRODUCTION STAGE OF SHADOW CHRONICLES IS NOT HEAR FOR THE HIGH PRICE OF GAS AND CALIFORNIA SUN. BUT WE WILL SEE WHAT MACEK IS REALLY UP TO.

I think he's still working with whoever does ADR for Bleach, but I certainly hope Harmony Gold employs him more for Shadow Rising.

ALSO, TO ADD. SINCE ADV IS GOING UNDER AND SELLING ITS TITLES OUT LIKE HOT CAKES, WONDER WHO WILL PICK UP THE ROBOTECH SERIES? FUNIMATION? SINCE THEY HAVE SHADOW CHRONICLES.. A FULL ROBOTECH 85 SERIES AND HOPE BACK TO THE ORIGINAL LEGACY COLLECTORS LIKE ME, WOULD NOT MIND A RE-MAKE OF A NEW BOX SET.

ADV is in really bad shape, but I wouldn't say they're going under... yet, at least. As for Funimation or someone getting the series, if they did re-release of the original broadcast episodes like the Legacy Collection they would be unable to clean the film stock (since the masters were destroyed in a flood) and they wouldn't look as good as the Robotech Remastered. Unless they tried to restore it from the restored Macross, Southern Cross, and Mosepeada footage, which I suppose is possible.

AND WEED OUT SOUTHERN CROSS :P

:angry:

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by Veritech_IDEON.
15 years 7 months ago #1303

HAHAHA.. ALL IN JEST MAN. WAS EXPECTING BROOK WITH A FAST ANSWER THOUGHT.

WILL SEE FUNIMATION SOON AND YOU KNOW, WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THOUGHTS ON FANS IF FUNIMATION WOULD PICK THEM UP..

ONE THING FOR SURE IS A WHOLE GOOD SPANISH TRACK. NOT LIKE THE BEAT UP ONE THEY DID FOR THE RE MASTERED.
15 years 7 months ago #1308

ONE THING FOR SURE IS A WHOLE GOOD SPANISH TRACK. NOT LIKE THE BEAT UP ONE THEY DID FOR THE RE MASTERED.

Did the Legacy DVDs have the original Spanish tracks?

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 7 months ago #1309

NO.

YOU CAN ONLY GET THE ORIGINAL SPANISH TRACKS IN BOOTLEG MODE AS WAS SHOWN IN LATIN AMERICA.

A WHOLE TV SERIES COLLECTION WOULD COST ME 120 DLRS IN MEXICO CITY. WICH I PLAN TO GET IN NOVEMBER.

A FAN IN ARGENTINA SENT ME A SPANISH DVD OF TEH ROBOTECH MOVIE IN SPANISH.

THE ORIGINAL SPANISH TRACKS THAT WERE HEARD IN 80'S TV SERIES ARE LOST. SOME SAY THERE ARE STUDIOS THAT STILL HAVE THEM. BUT NOT SURE.

THATS WHY ADV JUST HIRED A SMALL TIME STUDIO FOR CHEAP TO DO THE DUBBING. AND THATS WHATS PLAYING IN LATIN AMERICA RIGHT NOW.
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
15 years 7 months ago #1310

That's shame, especially with how big a Spanish-speaking following Robotech has.

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 7 months ago #1312

well, not all is lost.

hg is trying to break a new deal into distribuiting to latin america. but time will tell on how long.

now that adv is selling its titles, i am hoping that when the time comes, someone like funimation pics it up and does it justice.

just hoping. but i have other ideas as well. i would liek to get my hands on these beta tapes out of teh studios or a copy. and get it remastered. problem is finding them.
15 years 7 months ago #1319

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds