SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO?

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO? was created by MEMO1DOMINION

WAS TALKING TO FANS AND IDEAS ARE PRETTY MUCH ALL OVER THE PLACE AS TO THE WHEREABOUTS OF THE SDF-3 AND ITS CREW.

WHO YOU THINK IS STILL IN THERE AND WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THEM?

YOU OPINIONS?

I THINK DR. LANG MIGHT HAVE PULLED A MIRACLE AND JUMPED THE SHIP SOMEWHERE ELSE. SOMETHING THAT GRANT'S SHIP WOULD HAVE DONE IF IT WAS NOT FOR NICHOLS QUICK THINKING.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 6 months ago #6123

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO

Well,
I think the SDF-3 is trashed because it was drifting in that black hole that was created by the nuetron-s missle explosion.Provided it is a real black hole or just a time-space continuum falt and they could hyper-space to another part of the galaxy or sad to think maybe they could be dead,So sad because Rick displayed that he is a true leader by not letting what happened to Lisa interfere with his judgements when trying to stop the missle attack and by telling Grant to leave them behind and save Earth.

My humor reply:
They ended up on Gilligans Island!

Or

Lost in Space

They Boldly go,where no Zentreadi has gone before!
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 6 months ago #6152

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

WHO YOU THINK IS STILL IN THERE AND WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THEM?

Considering the situation they were in when Vince Grant's cruiser Icarus left them behind in Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles... namely, trapped in the gravity of that neutron-s warhead-induced black hole and surrounded by Haydonite ships, and was for all practical purposes totally disabled, I can see three possible outcomes:

1.) The Haydonite ships leave the SDF-3 to its own devices, trusting that it will not escape certain destruction in the black hole's intense gravity. (the Bond villain outcome)

2.) The Haydonite ships will rescue the SDF-3 from falling into the black hole and tow it somewhere so they can extract the last remaining protoculture matrix and do whatever the hell they were going to do with it. (the generic sci-fi villain outcome)

3.) The Haydonite ships will hasten the SDF-3's fall into the black hole, or just blast the ship into tiny bits and let the bits fall into the black hole. (the OMGWTF competent villain outcome)
14 years 6 months ago #6161

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO?

I still say Ariel is going to use her "magical teleporting" powers to save the crew.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #6164

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO?

SIGHUP wrote:

I still say Ariel is going to use her "magical teleporting" powers to save the crew.

That's an intriguing possibility too...

I have to wonder if there's an upper bound to the amount of matter Ariel can transport, or a limit to the distance she can jump with a fixed amount of matter. She did, after all, send whole engineering crews into the Ark Angel on her own, help evacuate the station (which had to have thousands of crew members), and teleported Scott all the way to another galaxy in just a few seconds...

Now that I think about it, she's awfully overpowered, even for a deus ex machina. Why the hell hasn't she just plothaxxed the SDF-3 out of the black hole? Or for that matter, why hasn't she just plothaxxed the SDF-3 all the way back to Earth?
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Seto-Kaiba.
14 years 6 months ago #6166

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO?

Seto Kaiba wrote:

SIGHUP wrote:

That's an intriguing possibility too...

I have to wonder if there's an upper bound to the amount of matter Ariel can transport, or a limit to the distance she can jump with a fixed amount of matter. She did, after all, send whole engineering crews into the Ark Angel on her own, help evacuate the station (which had to have thousands of crew members), and teleported Scott all the way to another galaxy in just a few seconds...

Now that I think about it, she's awfully overpowered, even for a deus ex machina. Why the hell hasn't she just plothaxxed the SDF-3 out of the black hole? Or for that matter, why hasn't she just plothaxxed the SDF-3 all the way back to Earth?

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Since we are speculating on a story that isn't even in development yet (hope I'm wrong). It is a bit futile, however I propose a couple ideas:

1.) Borrow from SPAWN; using too much of Ariel's powers will somehow turn her bad. The more she uses the power, the more prone she is to turning to the "dark side." This is unlikely because nothing like this has been mentioned before, at least to my knowledge.

2.) Alternatively, let us assume that her power is finite. using too much to save the crew will deplete her and will kill her.

Just some scenarios I thought of just now. #2 sounds a bit more in line with the story to me.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #6167

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO?

1.)
The Haydonite ships leave the SDF-3 to its own devices, trusting that it will not escape certain destruction in the black hole's intense gravity. (the Bond villain outcome)

2.) The Haydonite ships will rescue the SDF-3 from falling into the black hole and tow it somewhere so they can extract the last remaining protoculture matrix and do whatever the hell they were going to do with it. (the generic sci-fi villain outcome)

3.) The Haydonite ships will hasten the SDF-3's fall into the black hole, or just blast the ship into tiny bits and let the bits fall into the black hole. (the OMGWTF competent villain outcome)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SO TRUE.

REMINDS ME OF DR.EVIL AND HIS SON SCENE WHERE THE SON IS TELLING HIS DAD IF HE IS NOT GOING TO WATCH AUSTIN POWERS DIE. AND DAD SAYS "WHY?"

I PICK #1. AND I THINK THE HAYDONS WOULD JOIN THE SDF1 FOR THAT SMALL TIME TO SAVE THEMSELVES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 6 months ago #6177

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO

Haydonites made no indication they used protoculture,they just wanted to punish and destroy those who used it,maybe the Haydonites thot of protoculture kind of like "sacred water" to them.

And we all know Invid needs to survive of protoculture,And Ariel is not the same as other Invids,During the New Generation Ariel never ate protoculture to survive so I am sure she can teleport as much as she can and then eat something to replenish her powers.If the Regis actually evolved her to 95% human that is (5% due to green blood and power) she would need to rest and eat to keep up.

And I am sure The Awarness already dispatched Haydonites to check the black hole area,since that was the last known area Janice was to the Haydonites.
14 years 6 months ago #6186

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO?

I'm not surprised if they managed to retcon EOTC dreaded 'Newspace' in RTSR.

If they retcon EOTC into pseudo RTSC .... I'll be hardly surprised if some elements from EOTC crossed over to RTSR.
14 years 5 months ago #6927

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by treiz on topic Re:SDF-3, WHO IS STILL AROUND? AND WHERE DID IT GO

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THEM?

Considering that the Haydonites were still looking for the SDF3 when they attacked Liberty "The battle fortress containing the protoculture matrix is not among them.", it seems obvious that the ship escaped destruction/capture.

Since they didn't make it back to Earth it would seem that there are a few possible outcomes:

1) the ship jumped away from the black hole and in the process the ship was disabled again or destroyed coming out of the jump.

2)the ship jumped away from the black hole and became lost, unable to immediately plot another jump back home.

3)the ship jumped away from the black hole and decided not to return to Earth immediately for some reason that makes sense to them.

We'll just have to wait and see.
14 years 5 months ago #6962

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds