How could Rick knock up Lisa?

• jkranites
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

How could Rick knock up Lisa? was created by jkranites

Well they have to be close to 50 years old at least. If you count from the Original series..So it kinda begs the question how did he get Lisa knocked out up if there almost at that age?...Is there some Zentradi thing they did, cause as far as I know Woman hit Menopause in there late 40's...So any thoughts?
15 years 9 months ago #632

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

WELL...

THE FOLD HAVE BEEN GOOD TO THEM. I THINK TRAVELING MUCH THROUGH THE FOLD GIVES THEM MORE TIME EXTRA AND DONT GET OLD TO FAST. AS WELL THAT THEY LIVE MROE IN SPACE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 9 months ago #633

Replied by LonewolfMX on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

Minofski Particles perhaps?

It did wonders for the cast of the Original Mobile Suit Gundam and mutated them all into Newtypes.

Or exposure to Protoculture and the Flower of Life may have slowed down the aging process for both Rick and Lisa, but it looks like the years have been kinder to Lisa than with Rick the dude's hair was turned white with all the stress of being in command.
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by LonewolfMX. Reason: Add Pic
15 years 9 months ago #670
Attachments:

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

That would mean that Lisa was exposed to it longer or it affected her more since Rick looks like a grandpa. Thus slowing down her aging, thus ability to have kids. Maybe Rick's sperm count got altered hence baby.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 9 months ago #683

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

WELL...RICK WAS YOUNGER THAN LISA...
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 9 months ago #693

• jkranites
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by jkranites on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

SIGHUP wrote:

That would mean that Lisa was exposed to it longer or it affected her more since Rick looks like a grandpa. Thus slowing down her aging, thus ability to have kids. Maybe Rick's sperm count got altered hence baby.

Well Rick looks like an Old man, cause I don't think they have Just for Men out there. Also consider the fact he just lost his kid, his wife is in the sick bay, and has an entire fleet to rebuild...I think the stress turned him Grey. Well who knows maybe they eventually have a kid. Unfortunately to my brothers experience first time pregnancies usually end up as a miscarriage anyway(Although a massive reflex cannon being fired at you, can do that too). Anyway only time will tell, I hope they do it would kinda suck for Rick and Lisa to just kinda die out, I mean i dont think this is MGS4..lol..oops spoiler
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by jkranites.
15 years 9 months ago #712

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

Haha no just for men eh?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 9 months ago #713

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

Well, Rick was supposed to be 19 in 2009 and I believe Lisa was 23, so in The Shadow Chronicles Rick should be 54 and Lisa should be 58.

THE FOLD HAVE BEEN GOOD TO THEM. I THINK TRAVELING MUCH THROUGH THE FOLD GIVES THEM MORE TIME EXTRA AND DONT GET OLD TO FAST. AS WELL THAT THEY LIVE MROE IN SPACE.

Perhaps, but the time-gaps in folding were really only present in the McKinney novels, so they might not be canon.

They've probably used some sort of Protoculture treatment to delay Lisa's menopause and allow her to conceive. But I guess it doesn't really matter at this point since she miscarried.

:S Why couldn't they have just gone with what was originally supposed to happen in The Sentinels? Lisa was supposed to give birth to a son and they were supposed to name him after Roy. That would've been cool. Even Hikaru and Misa from the original Macross got to start a family (at least according to a piece of Haurhiko Mikimoto's art).
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 8 months ago #969

Replied by Aikiweezie on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

"How did he get Lisa knocked out up if there almost at that age?...Is there some Zentradi thing they did, cause as far as I know Woman hit Menopause in there late 40's...So any thoughts?"

Well, as a woman in her 40s who has several friends, also in their 40s, who have recently had kids, er... got knocked up, with or without medical assistance, I can tell you it IS possible.

There are theories (quantum theory based, I believe) that indicate that space travel could/would have an effect on the aging process. Perhaps Rick and Lisa are biologically 10 years younger.

As far as Rick's hair goes, men can go gray young. Do you know who Anderson Cooper of CNN is? I think he was was completely gray in his 30s. I think the change in Rick's hair color was used to sress that the past year was pure hell for him and thus, his hair went white out of stress.

Also, my mother didn't hit menopause until she was 55.
15 years 7 months ago #1080

Replied by x-Foxtrot-x on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

One thing you have to remember is that war makes someone look older. My Devil Pup drill instructor is 24, but he looks like he's 33.
\\\\\\\"Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal\\\\\\\" -Tupac
15 years 7 months ago #1119

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds