How could Rick knock up Lisa?

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

tru tru...

lis awa smore planet side... wich she might have plenty of skin lotions. rick on the other hand... was always at the command.

you think rick hunter ever had another kid prior? or with minmei?

hehehe
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 7 months ago #1139

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MidnightIsis
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Wow I made it
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by MidnightIsis on topic Re:How could Rick knock up Lisa?

The same way Max got Miriya in the family way he loved her realay well one night Lol
Mother Bear got nothing on me
15 years 6 months ago #1499

Replied by mojomike on topic Re: How could Rick knock up Lisa?

My theory is that time passes differently for those who are actually in the fold and those who are not. There is a direct correlation between the distance and the amount of time that will pass.
The 1st time we get to see what a fold is like is in episode 3 Space Fold. It was a pretty small fold and seemed to happen almost in an instance. However several hours are even days may have passed on Earth.
The other time we see a fold is episode 11. Lisa while looking at her watch says “It’s been almost 10 earth days since we started the fold. Time almost stands stills in fold operations.”
Next lets look at the Sentinels. The sentinels were originally meant to be a direct sequel to the series. While it may be 2nd cannon now that was not the intent. It is mentioned in the book that it took 5 years of earth time to fold to Fantoma. I prefer the comics. In issue 0 of book 4 it states “Dr. Lang discovers that Carpenters and Wolfs journey to Earth will take 4 years.” Why 4 and not 5, maybe the size of the fold has an adverse effect on the time it takes. The time line in the Shadow Chronicles Art book has the Expeditionary force gone for 20 years. I have a hard time believing that the events in the Sentinels would take more then say 10.
Finally we have the Shadow Chronicles, which make no mention of time difference at all. It could be that the Omicron Sector is a lot closure then Fantoma. Close enough to not take too long to Fold to Earth space when needed, but far away enough to conduct dangerous weapons test.
However there is a clue in the commentary track. In chapter 16 Yune points out that Vince Grants age is a mistake. It shows his age to be 36 but he’s really 54. Yune explain that this confusion is form the guidelines he gave the animators. It says Vince is in his 50s but to draw him to look like a guy in his 30s.
12 years 1 week ago #18488

Replied by Maxmapster on topic Re: How could Rick knock up Lisa?

With space folds and all, I just thought that the further you went out into space regardless days months or years. The body ages a lot less than just the ones who stayed on eath.

Between earth and tirol so it took 4yrs? Now is that an instant jump and 4 yrs just passes by? Or is it like say in star trek you see the stars zipping by? That I never did understand.

Ya in The Shadow Chronciles, wow Rick Hunter sure has aged. Too bad we don't get to see what Lisa looks like?
12 years 6 days ago #18499

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Re: How could Rick knock up Lisa?

protoculture
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
8 years 6 months ago #21411

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by X1 Commander on topic Re: How could Rick knock up Lisa?

Not that I want to bump up an old topic anymore than usual, but given that in this day and age we have women in their 60's and 70's having their first children through medical technology, it's not unexpected that given the timeline of the Robotech series that medical science would not have resulted in similar, if not superior results. Given the nasty nature of space travel, constant combat and interstellar relations, I wouldn't be surprised if both Lisa and Rick had their egg and sperm frozen for a time while they were healthy enough to do so, and when the time seemed right, decided to go ahead and start a family. Given both of their ages at that point it was clear that she likely had felt it was now or never. I wonder if the series had continued if Lisa would need to find a surrogate in order to have a family after the SDF-3 got trashed.
8 years 6 months ago #21417

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Re: How could Rick knock up Lisa?

X1 Commander wrote: I wonder if the series had continued if Lisa would need to find a surrogate in order to have a family after the SDF-3 got trashed.

What if Minmay was the surrogate? This could be a major arc of Shadow Rising!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
8 years 6 months ago #21420

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds