Character Designs for characters not in the movie.

• Richardmvela
  • Richardmvela's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Character Designs for characters not in the movie. was created by Richardmvela

Obviously we had an Updated Scott and others and we saw designs for those not in the movie but in the comics. What about those we haven't seen such as an updated Lancer, Sera and others. I would like to see Lancer updated in a flight suit personally. Has anyone seen any artwork like this or was any done by HG?
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
14 years 5 months ago #7626

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Character Designs for characters not in the movie.

Richardmvela wrote:

Obviously we had an Updated Scott and others and we saw designs for those not in the movie but in the comics.

Actually, that's kind of a stretch... the only character in the comics who got any coverage in AoTSC was Lisa, and what SHE got was LITERALLY just a marginal note. No mention of Breetai or Exedore (the former who didn't change at all from his horrific Sentinels appearance, and the latter who is a generic man with male-pattern baldness), or even Dr. Lang with his "I want to be Commander Riker" beard.

It's all pretty damn generic stuff.

Richardmvela wrote:

What about those we haven't seen such as an updated Lancer, Sera and others. I would like to see Lancer updated in a flight suit personally. Has anyone seen any artwork like this or was any done by HG?

Closest you'd get is the Lancer stuff from the Robotech: Invasion miniseries (which Harmony Gold apparently did not think would sell on its own, so a mini-miniseries about the Macross Saga's Mars Base was packed into it as well), but that's all Mospeada designs. (I have to admit, Lancer is creepier once you no longer have the cultural context for his crossdressing)

Honestly, I very much doubt we'll see Lancer, Sera, Rook, Rand, Annie, or Lunk again. I'm sure there's something to do with the higher rates charged by members of the screen actor's guild on the business end, but there are story-relevant reasons for them not to return too.

After all, Annie is fairly young kid... I can't see the REF being desperate enough to put her on the front lines, and for that matter I'm kind of surprised Scott never got his ass chewed out for recklessly endangering an underage kid like that. Lunk's a coward and a deserter, so I'd wager he's not too keen on the idea of another war, and is probably a bit leery about the prospect of finding himself on the sharp end of a firing squad if it ever came out that he was a deserter. The happy couples got their happily ever afters, with Lancer and Sera hooking up, and Rook and Rand hooking up, and I can't quite see either couple wanting to put the hanky-panky on hold to go blow up space robots with Admiral Hideo Kuze err... Rick Hunter and their chronically depressed buddy Scott.
14 years 5 months ago #7628

• Richardmvela
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Character Designs for characters not in the movie.

Good answer, however Seto I was just asking if we had designs because I wanted to see them myself because I am a fan of those characters. I wasn't too keen on the design for Lancer done by Takezi Miyazawa. Also I am trying to do my Robotech article on my blog(finally) could use a few ideas if anyone is interested.
14 years 5 months ago #7629

• Richardmvela
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Character Designs for characters not in the movie.

Just found this on Deviantart and I liked it, ironically it reminded me of the "flashback" style from TSC but I do like to see updated versions of the characters.

iq40.deviantart.com/art/ROBOTECH-TNG-group-pic-123126471

I just wish we could see some fan art updating the characters. I have a hard time finding any.
14 years 5 months ago #7653

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds