CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING was created by MEMO1DOMINION

OLD NEWS BUT DONT KNOW IF FAN SMISSED THIS.

Back on April 6th PSLegacy posted this IN RT.COM:

Tommy Yune was in Seattle last weekend (Saturday April 4th), and at the Robotech panel, he did cover (albeit very briefly) SR, and addressed some of the animation/model concerns.

Interestingly (and even Tommy laughed when he relayed this) enough many of the animators lack a certain level of experience with the ladies, due to age and other factors, that being said, some feedback was given so we'll see if they took any of it and apply it to SR.

Tommy also showed that they are re-rendering the mecha, based on fan feedback, to make them match the visual style of the non-CG animation/models. The tests they showed us at the panel were rough, but a MAJOR improvement. Hopefully SR will have this, and (I hope you listening Tommy), a re-release of SC with the new rendering applied. Hell if you guys sold it as part of the Special/Limited/Collectors Edition of SR that would be SWEET.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 3 months ago #8492

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

ANYONE KNOW OF ANY VIDEO OUT THERE OF THIS?
14 years 3 months ago #8493

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

I asked that question a while back when I first heard of the new footage but never got a single response.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
14 years 3 months ago #8501

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

AND WITH TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY NO ONE CAN GET A SINGLE PICTURE?

HEHEHE
14 years 3 months ago #8504

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Tommy also showed that they are re-rendering the mecha, based on fan feedback, to make them match the visual style of the non-CG animation/models. The tests they showed us at the panel were rough, but a MAJOR improvement. Hopefully SR will have this, and (I hope you listening Tommy), a re-release of SC with the new rendering applied. Hell if you guys sold it as part of the Special/Limited/Collectors Edition of SR that would be SWEET.

Has this video ever been posted online? I would be curious to see it.

I also have a question pertaining to SR... Its release has been linked to the release of the LAM. I was under the impression that this was a contractual agreement with WB. Does anyone know, is it a contractual agreement with WB or has HG simply decided that no matter what they won't release SR until there's a LAM?
For anyone who says there isn't some kind of firm link between SR and LAM, in this ( recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-29738/TS-372333.mp3 ) podcast Tommy makes this comment: "It makes sense for us to coordinate those two projects together. There's no way around that." Contractual or business decision?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 2 weeks ago #14961

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

rtsurfer wrote:

I also have a question pertaining to SR... Its release has been linked to the release of the LAM. I was under the impression that this was a contractual agreement with WB. Does anyone know, is it a contractual agreement with WB or has HG simply decided that no matter what they won't release SR until there's a LAM?
For anyone who says there isn't some kind of firm link between SR and LAM, in this ( recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-29738/TS-372333.mp3 ) podcast Tommy makes this comment: "It makes sense for us to coordinate those two projects together. There's no way around that." Contractual or business decision?

I don't think anyone outside of HG and WB know if it's a contractual or simply a (in my opinion questionable) business decision. I do remember someone saying awhile ago that Tommy said HG would release SR without a concurrent LAM release if it appeared the LAM wouldn't happen. This was just someone's account though as there was no video/audio footage of Tommy saying this comment.
13 years 2 weeks ago #14965

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

rtsurfer wrote:

NO CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT HAS BEEN MENTIONED BY EITHER HG OR WB. JUST FAN SPECULATION.

HG HAS SAID MANY TIMES THAT THEY WANT TO FOLLOW THE COATTAILS OF THE RLAM. FOR BETTER QUOTE OF TOMMY SAYING THIS GO TO AOD 2010 VIDEO (DON'T KNOW WHAT VIDEO OF 8)

WE DON'T KNOW SINCE TOMMY DID NOT SPECIFY.
I SAY BUSINESS SINCE IN HG PART THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE GIVING US AT CONS AND THAT TALKSHOE ENOUGH REASONS WHY IT'S BEING DELAYED.

YOU CAN SEE THAT FROM OTHER QUOTES AND ONE ABOVE WE GET THE IDEA THAT SR WILL RIDE THE RLAM. AS THEY HAVE SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE IN RT.COM AND IN PUBLIC.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 2 weeks ago #14968

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

I think the reason no video fo this has been seen is because, judging by the con pics, not many people seem super interested. The pic of the new 2011 footage showed a room where many seats were empty and half the peeps weren't even looking at the screen.

I personally have a feeling that more people have been alienated than brought in. When you look at franchises like Robotech, the fanbases are much more compact and tend to gather in online communities. And yes while many aren;t active in said communities, I'd be willing to bet most ardent RT fans are in some way. That being said, RT has to understand when the base voices it's thoughts, it is worth listening to more if only to take into consideration and get a feel for where the fanbase is attitude wise.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
13 years 2 weeks ago #14973

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

Richardmvela wrote:

I think the reason no video fo this has been seen is because, judging by the con pics, not many people seem super interested. The pic of the new 2011 footage showed a room where many seats were empty and half the peeps weren't even looking at the screen.

PEOPLE ARE LISTENING TO WHAT TOMMY IS SAYING AT THE TIME. AND IT'S A SMALL CONVENTION. LOOK AT LAST YEARS OTHER BIGGER CONS AND YOU WILL SEE MORE PEOPLE.

TO EARLY RIGHT NOW. THE BIGGER CONS ARE MORE NEAR THE SUMMER LIKE MECHACON, COMIC CON, ANIME EXPO..

I personally have a feeling that more people have been alienated than brought in. When you look at franchises like Robotech, the fanbases are much more compact and tend to gather in online communities. And yes while many aren;t active in said communities, I'd be willing to bet most ardent RT fans are in some way. That being said, RT has to understand when the base voices it's thoughts, it is worth listening to more if only to take into consideration and get a feel for where the fanbase is attitude wise.

I DISAGREE COMPLETELY. AS A FAN OUT THERE PROMOTING AS WELL I HEAR MUCH MORE FROM FANS AS WELL THAN JUST ONLINE. THERE ARE MANY MORE THAT DON'T SPEND THEIR TIME POSTING LIKE WE DO.
13 years 2 weeks ago #14974

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Richardmvela wrote:

PEOPLE ARE LISTENING TO WHAT TOMMY IS SAYING AT THE TIME. AND IT'S A SMALL CONVENTION. LOOK AT LAST YEARS OTHER BIGGER CONS AND YOU WILL SEE MORE PEOPLE.

TO EARLY RIGHT NOW. THE BIGGER CONS ARE MORE NEAR THE SUMMER LIKE MECHACON, COMIC CON, ANIME EXPO..

I DISAGREE COMPLETELY. AS A FAN OUT THERE PROMOTING AS WELL I HEAR MUCH MORE FROM FANS AS WELL THAN JUST ONLINE. THERE ARE MANY MORE THAT DON'T SPEND THEIR TIME POSTING LIKE WE DO.

But they've obviously got use of the internet right?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 2 weeks ago #14975

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds