Macross Ultimate Frontier

• Revan-Tam
  • Revan-Tam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Macross Ultimate Frontier was created by Revan-Tam

just got this for my PSP and yes it is in japanese but it will lay on us psp's as well and I have to say it is a great game. The closest thing to is is Gundam vs Zeta Gundam but controls better, better game play and a lot faster. there is another macross frontier game out there but I chose Ultimate over Ace for one simple fact. Ultimate has more Mecha to pilot. in ace you have the main Veritech of the shows (macross,Macross DYRL , Macross Zero, macross 7, Macross Dynamite 7, and Frontier) while in ultimate you have jet fighters and all the veritechs from all the macross shows and the destroids, the enemy crafts and if you want to Pilot the SDF-1 or Macross Quarter you can.
the controls take a while to get used to so I suject to practice in the tutorials first

sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 1 month ago #10615

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Macross Ultimate Frontier

Revan Tam wrote:

just got this for my PSP and yes it is in japanese but it will lay on us psp's as well and I have to say it is a great game. The closest thing to is is Gundam vs Zeta Gundam but controls better, better game play and a lot faster. there is another macross frontier game out there but I chose Ultimate over Ace for one simple fact. Ultimate has more Mecha to pilot. in ace you have the main Veritech of the shows (macross,Macross DYRL , Macross Zero, macross 7, Macross Dynamite 7, and Frontier) while in ultimate you have jet fighters and all the veritechs from all the macross shows and the destroids, the enemy crafts and if you want to Pilot the SDF-1 or Macross Quarter you can.
the controls take a while to get used to so I suject to practice in the tutorials first

A slight, nit-picky correction: there are no "Veritechs" in Macross. They're Variable Fighters. :)
14 years 1 month ago #10616

• Revan-Tam
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:Macross Ultimate Frontier

yes also called Valkyries
and Veritech is short for Variable Technology
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Revan-Tam.
14 years 1 month ago #10630

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Macross Ultimate Frontier

Revan Tam wrote:

yes also called Valkyries

That too.

So how's the game? How far have you gotten?
14 years 1 month ago #10633

• Revan-Tam
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

I have completed most of Macross Zero campain but have problems fighting the giant Moth monster that likes to disappear then reappear behind you then shoot its one hit kill ray at me
I got its shield down and 1/4 of its heath then it did a disappearing act on me and shoot me down

so now I'm on macross and just finished the transformation level where I had to defend the SDF-1 from Battle pods and Regult and Glung. I wish the would give me a VF-1a now but I'm still flying the 1d. got the Tomahawk for completing that mission

I love I can fight as the SDF-1 and Macross 25/frontier
and i love the Cheyenne destroid from zero
and playing as Bretai throwing a bent pipe at my enemys is fun though useless I cant hit anything. I have to run up and b*%@th slap my enemys to do damage as Bretai

the game is fun if you like transforming mecha games this is the game to have
fast maneuvers. missiles every where yo have to hit X and Square to launch anti missile moves that is hard to do in a pinch
and you can tune you mecha in the game to give it a little boost of HP and fire power
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Revan-Tam.
14 years 1 month ago #10652

• Revan-Tam
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

just got the VF-1A after a training round with all the destoids (except the Monster) then had to take on Roy Focker
that guy is tuff I died three times. also got the monster for it
and I got VF-1J for the miss macross Mission that scout spy ship would not eat my missiles so I feed it a fist full of lasers and bullets
14 years 1 month ago #10674

Replied by Maxmapster on topic Re:Macross Ultimate Frontier

I have macross ultimate frontier for the PS3, tough to understand, cause I don't speak or understand a word of Japanese, game is tough, cool that you can play in a 360 degree environment. Took me a month to finish. There is about an hrs worth of movie time, its cool if you figure out how to copy it and then watch it later. Makes a really cool movie to watch. The anime movie part is amazing!
11 years 5 months ago #19681

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds