Transformers: Devastation

• Alpha Bravo
  • Alpha Bravo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 573

Transformers: Devastation was created by Alpha Bravo

Not much game talk around here, huh?

Well Devastation is kind of an enigma. It has the aesthetic appeal of Generation 1 Transformers, and even features several of the original voice actors, but the gameplay itself is a typical hardcore Platinum brawler, which means niche audience. This pissed off a lot of casual fans who played through the campaign mode once on Scout difficulty then complained the game had no depth or replay value.

The depth and replay value, of course, comes from learning the nuances of the combat engine, and completing the Challenges on higher difficulty settings. I play on Prime difficulty, which is the highest difficulty setting there is, and use Wheeljack, who is often disregarded as the worst character. People just need to L2Wheeljack. True he has low Melee and Defense stats, but his Ranged stat is higher than any other Autobot. As he is a Ranged-centric character in a Melee-centric game, this gives him a unique playstyle, and a higher learning curve, than the other Autobots. Except of course for Grimlock, who is his own unique playstyle, namely Grapple-centric.

Well I have a Youtube channel with a Devastation playlist, and am focusing on SS Ranking all of the Prime difficulty Challenges with Wheeljack. Of all of the videos I have done so far, Challenge 19 is still my favourite:

Challenge 29 gets 2nd Place for being so ridiculously hectic:

Platinum is doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles next week, with another old-school treatment as it is based on the comic books. I suppose it might be a stretch to hope for a Robotech-based brawler (Battloids beating up Zents/Bioroids/Invid/whatever) but this studio has done, to my current knowledge, at least 5 separate games just in this past year's time. They are really churning some stuff out.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 10 months ago #22306

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Alpha Bravo
  • Alpha Bravo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Transformers: Devastation

Nope nevermind that bit about TMNT, Activision gave them low budget and short deadline to rush it out alongside the new Bay movie. Can't recommend that one.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 10 months ago #22419

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds