• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Untold Story

Mark Warlock wrote:

I remember watching this movie here in Texas when it was on limited release. I always liked it.

I told this story on RT.com but saw this thread and thought I would tell it here.

I met a guy back in May who had worked in the movie industry for years. He had an extensive collection of movie posters that he had aquired over the years in the business. Funny thing about it he didn't really care much about them, Though he had them stored very well.

ANYWAY... We got to talking about Old animated movies and I mentioned Robotech: The Untold Story. Amazingly he knew exactly what I was talking about and produced not one... but TWO of the most beautiful examples of ORIGINAL theater posters he had aquired when the movie was in limited release here in Texas. To my complete shock and surprise he GAVE me one of these rare posters. I still can not believe it.

The posters is awesome.

Here is a picture of it in it's new Frame. The thing weighs a ton now.

Nice really nice add for the topic, here guys we have one of the few fans that were in Texas limited release of Robotech The Movie.
And the posters priceless stuff man

Thanx Mark Warlock

Saludos;)
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by Lobizon.
15 years 9 months ago #716

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Untold Story

Yes, nice pic.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 9 months ago #719

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Untold Story

NICE....

VERY NICE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 9 months ago #721

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=

I found this image surfing on the net of Laser Disc of "ROBOTECH The Movie" published in Netherlands, I suppose that the audio is in English with subtitles in Dutch

Enjoy this little gem!

Saludos;)
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by Lobizon.
15 years 9 months ago #880

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Untold Story

AWSOME!!!!!!!!

WISH WE HAD A GOOD SCAN OF IT.

HEHEHE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 9 months ago #885

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Untold Story

I really wish Robotech: The Untold Story went the way it was originally planned; a Macross Saga story about the UEG covering up the Zentraedi Invasion. Megazone 23, Part 1 is one of my favorite OVAs, but it just doesn't fit into the Second Robotech War. I mean, Megazone 23 is just so 80s, and 80s level technology (excusing the mecha, of course) doesn't make sense in the Second Robotech War, because the Robotech Masters shows a rather futuristic, post-apocalyptic society that you don't see in the Robotech movie (except for the unconvincing bits from Southern Cross). However, The Macross Saga has a more or less 80s level of technology, and the movie would have been better off in the time frame, and without the Southern Cross footage.

I must admit that I have not seen the movie all the way through. Whenever I try, a combination of the misplaced Southern Cross footage and cheesy Star Wars-style opening just kills it for me. Plus the copy I own has a large "FOR VIEWING PURPOSES ONLY" caption that appears on screen the ENTIRE TIME THE MOVIE PLAYS!!!

By the way, don't think that I hate Southern Cross. Quite the contrary. I just think that it didn't belong in the movie. The Robotech Masters is probably my second favorite part of Robotech, after The Macross Saga.
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 9 months ago #915

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=

Veritech_IDEON wrote:

I just think that it didn't belong in the movie.

Your thought is correct @Veritech, because Megazone 23 (an OVA) and Southern Cross (a TV series) were shot on different film stock, 35mm and 16mm respectively, the visual inconsistency was very noticeable on the screen.

Saludos Lobi ;)
15 years 9 months ago #917

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Untold Story

Your thought is correct @Veritech, because Megazone 23 (an OVA) and Southern Cross (a TV series) were shot on different film stock, 35mm and 16mm respectively, the visual inconsistency was very noticeable on the screen.

Exactly! The analogy I like to use is that Robotech: The Untold Story would be like if George Lucas made The Empire Strikes Back, but plugged random clips from the original Star Trek into the movie. Both works had radically different budgets and therefore look nothing like each other, and regardless of each work being awesome on their own, when combined they'd be incomprehensible.

It would've been absolutely awesome if Harmony Gold could have gotten the rights to Macross: Do You Remember Love? and made that the Robotech movie. Macross: DYRL? is a masterpiece.
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 9 months ago #918

Replied by LT-Grishnahck on topic Re:Untold Story

My thoughts on the RT: The Untold Story.

It's only been about two yrs ago since I've finally seen it.

Mixed feelings.

For me, the best way to enjoy it is almost to think of it as having nothing to do with the RT tv story arc. Almost like a whole separate project.

There's no way it can work in harmony (no pun intended) with Masters Saga. It that context it just doesn't make sense. Why would Emerson and Leonard act so suprised at the begining of Masters Saga if they had just gone through what RT:TUS suggests?

Anyway, on it's own, I enjoy in it's own wierd way. I had the original Perfect Soundtrack to Robotech and I grew to love the music from the movie long before I saw the film. So that made the film seem more familiar to me. Also, we can clearly recognize many of the same voice actors. So, in many ways it "feels" like Robotech. Even the hasty, akward insertion of the Southern Cross footage was in it's own way "Robotech"(sense RT was birthed from combining unrelated anime).

I guess basically I like it. I can't help it. I understand why others don't.

But remember, my admiration is predicated on watching it as if it exsists in it's own continuity and have NOTHING to do with the TV series.

Too bad we never saw how Macek originally intended it.
"Anything is preferable to the domination of the Invid"

I'm with Supreme Commander Leonard.

HAIL TO THE D.O.L.
aka Hermann2 at RT.com

In the Middle Universe, evil fears Daltanias.
14 years 2 months ago #9134

Replied by LT-Grishnahck on topic Re:Untold Story

I never figured out why Goerge Lucas did'nt sue somebody! that scrolling up part from Star Wars was a bit over kill.

LOL.

Yeah, that silly scroll right away tells you ...."Get ready for one funky movie", eh?
"Anything is preferable to the domination of the Invid"

I'm with Supreme Commander Leonard.

HAIL TO THE D.O.L.
aka Hermann2 at RT.com

In the Middle Universe, evil fears Daltanias.
14 years 2 months ago #9202

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds