Untold Story

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by mojomike on topic Re: Untold Story

I finally figured out how to watch the 86 movie. First I made my own edit, which is basically the last 20 mins of the movie with all the Southern Cross footage removed.
Before I watch that I start with the comic book adaptation. I stop on page 5 of issue 2, right after Andrews appoints himself president. The movie then picks up shortly after the discovery of Kelly’s death.
11 years 9 months ago #19099

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: Untold Story

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

WHY MOSPEADA? JUST GO DIRECTLY TO ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION. THAT WOULD BE BETTER. TSC IS ALREADY ONE OF THEM. AND MAYBE THIS NEW ANIMATION CONSIDERING IT WILL BE TAKING PART DURRING NEW GEN AS WELL.

Let's face it, ALL newly animated RT projects will concentrated on GC Mospeada, even if it means 'borrowing' design aesthetics.

If HG finds quite hard to fund a new Robotech series in USA, then perhaps its high time HG sits down with Tatsunoko in Japan regarding possible Mospeada / Robotech related sequels. As animation production costs are quite high in Japan too, it can simply be farmed out to other Asian countries the likes of Korea, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia or Singapore.

Although Korea is a damn good choice. Recent works the likes of Winter Sonata the animation (adapted from mega-popular South Korean soap drama) & various Korean cartoons adapted to japanimation are quite good too.

Well, just something to ponder.
11 years 9 months ago #19263

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: Untold Story

As for Untold Story, unless HG had the funds to acquire Megazone license from defunct ADV, it will remained an untold story. Although just for the sake of completion, HG should have just acquired the license & simply re-released it as a Robotech movie, without Southern Cross footages.
11 years 9 months ago #19264

• BenYbgib
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The ghost of Ben Dixon Lives on!!!
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by BenYbgib on topic Re: Untold Story

Hmmm... I wonder who has the license to Megazone 23 nowadays.
Member of the Earth Liberation force. We will NOT STOP until the Earth is taken back from the Inbit!!!
DOL member
11 years 8 months ago #19514

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Untold Story

BenYbgib wrote:

Hmmm... I wonder who has the license to Megazone 23 nowadays.

PROBABLY ADV.

EVEN THOUGHT THEY WENT UNDER THEY STILL HOLD SOME LICENSE UNLESS THERE COULD BE A CLAUSE OF SOME KIND IN THE CONTRACT WHERE IF THEY GO BANKRUPT THEY LOOSE THE LICENSE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 8 months ago #19515

• BenYbgib
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The ghost of Ben Dixon Lives on!!!
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by BenYbgib on topic Re: Untold Story

Yeah. The movie wouldn't have been so little known and sloppily put together had Harmony Gold put more time into it as well as not going so quickly into starting work on the Sentinels. They should have waited at least a year to start work on the Sentinels!! Why go into planning for it when the TV series has been on air for less than a year!!!?? :angry: :unsure:
Member of the Earth Liberation force. We will NOT STOP until the Earth is taken back from the Inbit!!!
DOL member
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by BenYbgib.
11 years 8 months ago #19557

Replied by askforted on topic Re: Untold Story

Overall I wished Cannon Pictures would have chosen to go with Carl Macek's original cut. I am sure it was far better than the film that Macek seems to talk down about. I have reconstructed a fan edit film based on Macek's original cut. If you want to check it out, the link is here to download it.

[NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS]
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 2 months ago #20033

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Untold Story

WELCOME ABOARD. GLAD YOU STARTED ON A PROJECT.

ALSO, WE DISCOURAGE ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS ON THIS SITE. EDITED YOUR POST.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 2 months ago #20035

Replied by askforted on topic Re: Untold Story

Available now on Youtube
11 years 2 months ago #20036

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: Untold Story

Good job! I dug your editing and the premise of having the Untold Story happen during the Macross Saga. The Macross footage flowed right along with the MZ1 & MZ2 scenes. I didn't feel they were too jarring or clashed with the MZ footage. Adding Robotech movie soundtrack instead of MZ1/MZ2 was a nice touch. Overall, I enjoyed it..
11 years 2 months ago #20053

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds