Robotech 3000

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Operator7G on topic Re:Robotech3000

YOU DO KNOW THAT THE CONCEPTUAL ART GOES ALL THE WAY TO 1998? SOME HAVE 11-98 AND 12-98.

I ALSO HAVE SOME OF THE ART SINCE WAY BACK 2000. I SEE THE DATES FINE. WHAT YOU SEE ARE THE FINAL EDITS. WHAT YOU ARE NOT SEEING IS CONCEPTUAL ART THAT IS PROBABLY MORE WACK. YOU ONLY SEEING THE PROFESSIONAL FINISH.

You got me there (it's been a long night). But still, max-9.jpg is the only one out of the bunch that shows its original date that it was created plus what you call the final edit date (Harmony Gold's approval stamp). Even though I can see the point you raised about multiple revisions and edits of concepts I still don't see it adding up in regards to max-9.jpg and it still doesn't make sense to me given the evidence and comparison of the other WOTW image.

REMEMBER, THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT "ROBOTECH 3000" IS. HECK, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS.

Sure they (the artists) didn't have an idea what Robotech3000 was when given their assignment but I'm pretty sure they would be given some brief outline or guide as to what the creator envisioned for each character/planet/vehicle/spaceship.

IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE, SPECULATION ON MY PART, THAT THE ARTIST WERE WORKING ON IDEAS TO THROW AROUND. ONCE HG STARTED FUNDING IT AND CHOSE THE ACTUAL LOOK, WHICH IS COMMON IN PRODUCTION WHEN AN ARTIST WANT'S TO SHOW OFF HIS SKILLS OR WHAT HE THINKS THE PRODUCTION MIGHT BE MOVING, THAT CERTAIN ELEMENTS WERE PICKED FROM THERE. EXCLUDING ACTUAL ART FROM THE ARTIST.

That's a possibility that I didn't consider...

TERMINOLOGY AND REFERENCES ARE THROWN AROUND ALL THE TIME TO GET A FEEL OF THE STORY AND WHAT THE ARTIST CAN PORTRAY THROUGH THE SKETCHES.

Agree with you on that point but I'm still not convinced that the WOTW reference was used as a base for some of the concepts, in particular Kretaan.
13 years 9 months ago #12730

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech3000

Operator7G

Agree with you on that point but I'm still not convinced that the WOTW reference was used as a base for some of the concepts, in particular Kretaan.

DON'T KNOW. GOTTA ASK THE GUY WHO DREW IT.

WOTW CAN ALSO BE USED AS A WAY TO EXPLAIN THE DIRECTION OF THE STORY. NOT TAKING EXACTLY FROM THE MOVIE ITSELF, BUT MORE IN WHAT THE EARTH FORCES ARE DOING ON AN ALIEN PLANET AND ENCOUNTERING AN ALIEN IDENTITY THAT CONTROLS THE MECH. THAT IN ITSELF IS "WAR OF THE WORLDS" TERMINOLOGY BUT NOT AS AN EXACT MOVIE CONCEPT.

ROBOTECH, ROBOTECH SENTINELS, SHADOW CHRONICLES IS A WOTW USE OF TERMINOLOGY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 9 months ago #12733

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech3000

rtsurfer wrote:

If Shadow Rising never gets made then some people are going to say it turned into rt2011 just like you're saying rt3k turned into Shadow Chronicles.

A POSSIBILITY BUT SPECULATING.

What promotional failure are you referring to? Do you mean HG showing the three min clip at cons AFTER production had already shutdown, IIRC because of problems with Netter digital.

ALL. TO MANY PROBLEMS ALL TOGETHER.

Memo, how much did Shadow Chronicles make, and what do you consider "good bucks"?

A LOT CONSIDERING THERE WERE MULTIPLE DVD VERSIONS SOLD. ADD THE SALE OF LICENSE EXPANDING TO ONLINE AS WELL.

And how can Shadow Chronicles seriously be counted as a success?

CHECK PREVIOUS ANSWER.

It was part one of a multi-part story arc with three or four installments, at least according to Tommy.

CORRECT. EVEN RICHARD EPCAR AFFIRM THAT THROUGH A CON ABOUT SIGNING ON TO 3 OTHER MOVIES BUT SCRAPPED AFTER THE WB DEAL.

In eleven years HG has released one installment, although some might say it wasn't actually finished, and the second is still in the development stage. How long do we have to wait for Shadow Rising

NEAR PRODUCTION OF WB ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE. HG ALREADY EXPLAINED MANY TIMES.

before the Shadow Chronicles Saga is considered another in a long line of failures by HG?

HOW IS IT A FAILURE WHEN THEY MADE THEIR MONEY BACK BIG TIME?

ps99041 wrote:

"RT3000 PRODUCTION TURNED INTO SHADOW CHRONICLES UNDER A NEW MANAGEMENT AT HG". Nothing from RT3000 was used for SC; the story, character, and mecha designs were all dropped so Tommy could start from scratch. The only production materials from RT3000 that may have been used for SC are the leftover paper and pencils. So please provide proof of your statement Memo.

THE IDEA OF A NEW PRODUCTION TO MAKE A ROBOTECH CONTINUATION. SAME BIG PLAYERS ARE INVOLVED...

JASON NETTER, HG, TATSUNOKO. PREVIOUS PLAYERS OF RT3000.
12 years 11 months ago #16201

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Robotech3000

"EVEN RICHARD EPCAR AFFIRM THAT THROUGH A CON ABOUT SIGNING ON TO 3 OTHER MOVIES BUT SCRAPPED AFTER THE WB DEAL."
When was it announced that the next movies were scapped? McKeever broken record keeps saying that Shadow Rising (the next movie) is still in active production. Otherwise, this proves McKeever is lying!
12 years 11 months ago #16208

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

"THE IDEA OF A NEW PRODUCTION TO MAKE A ROBOTECH CONTINUATION. SAME BIG PLAYERS ARE INVOLVED...

JASON NETTER, HG, TATSUNOKO. PREVIOUS PLAYERS OF RT3000."

Just cause some of the same names are associated with RT3000 doesn't mean RT3000 production turned into SC production as they started over completely with SC after scrapping the crap that was RT3000. Otherwise, you might as well say Sentinels production turned into RT3000 production also since Macek, HG, and Tatsunoko were also involved as Sentinels was also an idea of a new production to make a Robotech continuation.
12 years 11 months ago #16210

ps99041 wrote:

Just cause some of the same names are associated with RT3000 doesn't mean RT3000 production turned into SC production as they started over completely with SC after scrapping the crap that was RT3000.

BASIC IDEAS TRANSFERED OVER. START OF A NEW SERIES, ANIME STYLE, YOUNGER LOOK.. ETC.

Otherwise, you might as well say Sentinels production turned into RT3000 production also since Macek, HG, and Tatsunoko were also involved as Sentinels was also an idea of a new production to make a Robotech continuation.

ACTUALLY IT BECAME ZILLION

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zillion_%28anime%29

BUT THAT'S ANOTHER THREAD. AND I AM ALSO STILL RESEARCHING ON INFORMATION ON THAT.
12 years 11 months ago #16235

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

So now you're saying Zillion is comes from a salvaging of Sentinels production? Let's just keep with Sentinels leading to RT3000 which led to SC which overall means Sentinels production turned into Shadow Chronicles. Afterall, at least some of the Sentinels designs made it into SC, namely the Alphas and Betas. Oh wait, that's actually from Mospeada so does that mean that Mospeada and LLA production led to Sentinels production eventually turning into SC? Oh boy...
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by ps99041.
12 years 11 months ago #16238

ps99041 wrote:

So now you're saying Zillion is comes from a salvaging of Sentinels production?

YES. I DO BELIEVE SOME OF THE PRODUCTION MATERIAL THAT DID NOT MAKE IT INTO SENTINELS WAS USED IN ZILLION. SOME OF THE MATERIAL IMAGES FROM ART BOOK 3 CLOSELY RESEMBLES IMAGES OF ZILLION. LIKE I SAID. STILL LOOKING FOR MORE INFO ON THAT.

Let's just keep with Sentinels leading to RT3000

NEWS TO ME. WHEN THIS HAPPEN?

which led to SC which overall means Sentinels production turned into Shadow Chronicles. Afterall, at least some of the Sentinels designs made it into SC, namely the Alphas and Betas. Oh wait, that's actually from Mospeada

HMMM.. I SAW SHADOW CHRONICLES. I THINK I SAW MORE SENTINEL REFERENCES IN THERE.

so does that mean that Mospeada and LLA production led to Sentinels production eventually turning into SC? Oh boy...

IN THIS CASE PRODUCTION MATERIAL.

DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT LLA THOUGHT. THAT'S A TATSU PRODUCTION I THINK.
12 years 11 months ago #16241

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Robotech3000

It would have been interesting to see where Tats would have taken this concept as a 2d anime.
Actually, HG and Tats could still develop this into a movie or mini-series, or even a non-Robotech series.

Warner Bros has the rights to rt3k too, it would be ironic if their movie was based on this canceled concept :laugh:
I wonder how many movies or projects WBs currently has the rights to produce with the Robotech name?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16267

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Robotech3000

Suzy Kramer

Brett Hawkins
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16274

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds