Robotech 3000

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech3000

POSSIBLY CAN BE USED. IF THEY EVER TO DO A SHORT CG EPISODE LIKE WAS DONE WITH HALO LEGENDS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16280

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Robotech3000

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

POSSIBLY CAN BE USED. IF THEY EVER TO DO A SHORT CG EPISODE LIKE WAS DONE WITH HALO LEGENDS.

Whether it would be 2d or 3d, there has been a lot of improvement in cgi since 1999. The original concept still needs some work, if they didn't do it back in 2000 when they were thinking 3d to 2d. Those costumes need some work, what is up with the baseball uniform stripes and those shoulder deals? They would need to promote what transformable mecha that wasn't seen is in it or is being added, and what mecha and ships the harvesters, tractors, etc developed from. The fans and future audience needs to know HG hasn't abandoned Robotech's roots and basics. I think the main thing is they would have to go with someone who can do good cgi work, preferably toon-shaded, and put whatever money it takes to get it right this time.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16287

rtsurfer wrote:

Whether it would be 2d or 3d, there has been a lot of improvement in cgi since 1999. The original concept still needs some work, if they didn't do it back in 2000 when they were thinking 3d to 2d. Those costumes need some work, what is up with the baseball uniform stripes and those shoulder deals? They would need to promote what transformable mecha that wasn't seen is in it or is being added, and what mecha and ships the harvesters, tractors, etc developed from. The fans and future audience needs to know HG hasn't abandoned Robotech's roots and basics. I think the main thing is they would have to go with someone who can do good cgi work, preferably toon-shaded, and put whatever money it takes to get it right this time.

ASSUMING THAT HG WOULD LIKE TO DO A RT3000. WB ON A SIDE HALO STORY. PRETTY SURE THEY WOULD FIX THEIR OWN CONTNUETY WITHOUT DIGGING INTO RT3000.

HATE TO SAY BUT RT3000 IS GOOD AS DEAD AS ROBOTECH UNTOLD STORY.
12 years 10 months ago #16297

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Courtesy of MEMO1DOMINION...

Robotech 3000 and Untold Story production sketches!

www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showt...ew=findpost&p=947212

Awesome, huh?
12 years 3 months ago #17866

THOSE BEEN PRETTY MUCH OUT THERE IN PUBLIC FROM WAY BACK ALREADY.

LOT OF PRODUCTION STUFF YOU CAN COLLECT FROM BOOKS AND ANY MEDIA SOURCE THAT ARE UPLOADED.

IT WOULD STILL NEED A HUGE REBOOT. JUST GLAD THAT THAT VISION WAS NEVER MADE.

;)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 2 months ago #17872

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Robotech3000

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THOSE BEEN PRETTY MUCH OUT THERE IN PUBLIC FROM WAY BACK ALREADY.

LOT OF PRODUCTION STUFF YOU CAN COLLECT FROM BOOKS AND ANY MEDIA SOURCE THAT ARE UPLOADED.

IT WOULD STILL NEED A HUGE REBOOT. JUST GLAD THAT THAT VISION WAS NEVER MADE.

;)

Memo, why you holding out on us? :ohmy: Some of them have been online before but I think most have not. Quite a few are new to me or are variations of what I've previously seen. What books and websites did you get them from and do you have any more?
I didn't realize they were working on rt3k designs in 1993, so they apparently spent a decade on a project that went no where. Two of the Sentinel pieces are really interesting as they show the characters different from the way they ended up in the video and other media, must have been really early designs.
Memo, thanks for giving them to Gubaba, and Gubaba, thanks for posting them :)
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 2 months ago #17877

rtsurfer wrote:

Memo, why you holding out on us? :ohmy: Some of them have been online before but I think most have not. Quite a few are new to me or are variations of what I've previously seen. What books and websites did you get them from and do you have any more?
I didn't realize they were working on rt3k designs in 1993, so they apparently spent a decade on a project that went no where. Two of the Sentinel pieces are really interesting as they show the characters different from the way they ended up in the video and other media, must have been really early designs.

LOT OF FANS BRING ME SO MUCH STUFF FROM THEIR COLLECTIONS AT CONS. THEY EITHER WORKED DIRECTLY OR KNEW SOMEONE. OR JUST WANTED TO SHOW STUFF. MUCH GOES ON DISPLAY AT THE ROBOTECHX BOOTH. HECK, EVEN SOME OF MY COLLECTION IS FROM THROWN AWAY STUFF FROM BACK IN THE DAY. I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT IS DOWNLOADS OR JUST COLLECTION FROM FANS.

TO BAD THOSE SITES SINCE BEEN GONE AS WELL. THERE WERE MUCH STUFF I LOST THROUGH BAD COMPUTER DRIVES.
12 years 2 months ago #17881

Replied by Operator7G on topic Robotech 3000 sketches

Can someone upload the sketches here on this thread, please as some of us are not members of MacrossWorld. Thanks.
12 years 2 months ago #17883

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Robotech3000

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

LOT OF FANS BRING ME SO MUCH STUFF FROM THEIR COLLECTIONS AT CONS. THEY EITHER WORKED DIRECTLY OR KNEW SOMEONE. OR JUST WANTED TO SHOW STUFF. MUCH GOES ON DISPLAY AT THE ROBOTECHX BOOTH. HECK, EVEN SOME OF MY COLLECTION IS FROM THROWN AWAY STUFF FROM BACK IN THE DAY. I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT IS DOWNLOADS OR JUST COLLECTION FROM FANS.

TO BAD THOSE SITES SINCE BEEN GONE AS WELL. THERE WERE MUCH STUFF I LOST THROUGH BAD COMPUTER DRIVES.

A likely story...

Operator7G wrote:

Can someone upload the sketches here on this thread, please as some of us are not members of MacrossWorld. Thanks.

Erm...you realize that it's LESS work for to become a member of Macross World than it is for me to re-upload the pics, right?

Not trying to start anything, just making sure you know you're asking someone (me) to spend fifteen minutes of work to save you three minutes.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Gubaba.
12 years 2 months ago #17884

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech 3000 sketches

Operator7G wrote:

I DID NOT GO TO MW SINCE I KNEW WHAT GUBABA WAS TALKING ABOUT. EVEN THOUGHT I AM A MEMBER THERE I HATE TO LOG IN JUST TO SEE IMAGES.
12 years 2 months ago #17889

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds