ROBOTECH:

PRELUDE TO THE SHADOW CHRONICLES

(Graphic Novel - Softcover)
www.dccomics.com/wildstorm/graphic_novels/?gn=14584

Written by
TOMMY YUNE, JASON WALTRIP and JOHN WALTRIP;
Art by OMAR DOGAN;
Cover by TOMMY YUNE

Collecting the 5-issue miniseries from 2005, this new collection explores the mysterious circumstances behind the disappearance of Admiral Rick Hunter!

* Wildstorm
* 128pg.
* Color
* Softcover
* $17.99 US

On Sale May 26, 2010

ALSO

FROM THE STARS WITH ROBOTECH ZERO AND SOURCEBOOK

(Graphic Novel - Softcover)
www.dccomics.com/wildstorm/graphic_novels/?gn=3902

Written by
Tommy Yune & Jay Faerber;
Art and cover by
Long Vo

The Robotech saga is one of the masterpieces of Japanese animation, filled with memorable characters and laced with equal parts action and emotion. This volume collects ROBOTECH #1-6, the critically acclaimed WildStorm miniseries that breathed new life into the Robotech universe!

Learn the story of Roy Fokker, an ace pilot in the great war and a test pilot for the Veritech program. The story of the Veritech program is one fraught with betrayal and disappointment, featuring a veritable Who's-Who of the Robotech universe...with a surprise ending that will leave fans begging for more!

Also included is ROBOTECH ZERO, a prelude to the miniseries that contains a 12-page story illustrated in "jam" style by Jim Lee, Lee Bermejo, Alé Garza, and Carlos D'Anda! Plus, this volume includes the hard-to-find ROBOTECH SOURCEBOOK, written by Yune with art by Jason Pearson, Garza, D'Anda, Damion Scott, Rob Haynes, Tommy Lee Edwards, and more, featuring background info on every Robotech character and vehicle! ROBOTECH FROM THE STARS is a must-have for fans of all ages!

HEHEHE

*EDIT TO ADD*

FEW YEARS BACK THEY MADE A LIMITED EDITION RUN ON PTTSC CAUSING FANS TO MISS OUT OR ON SOME OF/ALL THE ISSUES AND UNABLE TO COMPLETE THEIR COLLECTION. AND DUE TO FAN FEEDBACK AND MASS EMAILS TO DC COMICS, HG AND DC HAS TEAMED UP AGAIN TO BRING BACK THE COMICS IN GRAPHIC NOVEL FORM. NOT ONLY WILL YOU GET THE ORIGINAL RELEASE BUT AS WELL SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL

FROM RT.COM AND COMIC CON 2009
www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=398

• DC Comics/Wildstorm will begin reprinting the latest round of Robotech Comics starting with Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles in 2010. The trade paperbacks will also contain brand new supplimental material.

*SPECULATION*
SO EXPECT A FEW EXTRAS OR REVISIONS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9200

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Robotech "Prelude To The Shadow Chronicles"5/26/10

Were also suppose to have a reissue of From the Stars, Invasion, and Love and War. This year will be a good year of product from RT! I cant wait for that Prelude book.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
14 years 2 months ago #9205

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech "Prelude To The Shadow Chronicles"5/26/10

blackconvoy_D01

Were also suppose to have a reissue of From the Stars, Invasion, and Love and War. This year will be a good year of product from RT! I can wait for that Prelude book.

THEY DID ANNOUNCE THAT THE PRELUDE WAS GOING TO BE FIRST.

HERE IS A PIC OF THE SOURCEBOOK

14 years 2 months ago #9206

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Robotech

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

blackconvoy_D01

Were also suppose to have a reissue of From the Stars, Invasion, and Love and War. This year will be a good year of product from RT! I can wait for that Prelude book.

THEY DID ANNOUNCE THAT THE PRELUDE WAS GOING TO BE FIRST.

I would almost swear that From the Stars was suppose to be out next month. Ill have to seach the link
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 2 months ago #9208

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech "Prelude To The Shadow Chronicles"5/26/10

I would almost swear that From the Stars was suppose to be out next month. Ill have to seach the link

IF ANYTHING CHANGED FROM LAST YEAR WHEN TPTB SAID THEY WILL ROLL OUT WITH PRELUDE FIRST AND FOLLOWING WITH FROM THE STARS

I DOUBLED CHECKED AT DC PAGE AND FROM THE STARS IS ALSO DO OUT IN GRAPHIC NOVEL WITH EXTRAS.

CHANGED THE FIRST POST

IF YOU GOOGLE AROUND THERE ARE PLACES ALREADY TAKING PRE ORDERS.
14 years 2 months ago #9209

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic ROBOTECH: Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles

(SIGNED)

Coming at the end of May! The legendary saga continues in this prequel to the award-winning animated film Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles!

The miraculous arrival of Robotechnology brought grave devastation and interplanetary war to Earth. An Expeditionary Force under the command of Admiral Rick Hunter departed to the stars in search of the homeworld of the Robotech Masters. However, its discovery would spark an interstellar conflict that would last decades. Despite an uneasy alliance forged with alien forces, the enigmatic Invid Regent remains an obstacle to peace. However, a secret pact with an enemy within the ranks threatens to start a new war over the mysterious new science of Shadow Technology...one that could destroy the Expeditionary Force and the human race!

Featuring the triumphant return of longtime Robotech: The Sentinels comic creators Jason and John Waltrip along with beautiful art by Omar Dogan and newly added material, the prelude to "The Shadow Chronicles" has begun!

This full-sized 128-page volume contains:

- the complete Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles series #1-5 with previously unpublished new material
- illustrated Robotech timeline and planetary guide
- data files of mecha and vessels from the comic series
- behind the scenes of the making of the animated film and comic book prequel.

www.robotech.com/store/viewproductpreord.php?id=370
14 years 1 week ago #11413

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

AT THE RICHARD EPCAR (DDR OF SHADOW CHRONICLES, VOICE OF LUNK, VINCE GRANT, BEN DIXON)BAND PERFORMANCE LAST WEEK TOMMY BROUGHT PREVIEW OF THE ARTWORK TO SHOW THE FANS.

I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE CHANGE FROM LAST SET OF PRELUDE COMICS. AND THERE WAS A HINT TO SHADOW RISING. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THERE IS EXTRA CONTENT IN THE COMICS AND FEW EXTRA PANELS ADDED.

WILL HOPE TO GET A PREVIEW OF THE COMIC SOON SO WE CAN DO AN INTERVIEW ON ROBOTECH ESPANOL PODCAST ABOUT IT.
14 years 6 days ago #11419

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Robotech "Prelude To The Shadow Chronicles"5/26/10

Well isn't it just a reprint of the comics? Its not going to have any new material really. Its more like a gimmick. But at least they put something out.

I see it like this, its the same deal as when they kept re-packaging the original 85. The numbers game seems to pay off for them. I ended up buying the Protoculture Edition. Now maybe just maybe, I'll save up the pennies I usually leave lying around and buy this.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 4 days ago #11469

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

SIGH

Well isn't it just a reprint of the comics? Its not going to have any new material really. Its more like a gimmick. But at least they put something out.

OF COURSE THEY ARE THE REPRINTS WITH JUST A FRESHNESS OF PAINT AND TWEAKING OF THE LOOK.

IT'S THE EXTRAS THAT COMES WITH IT THAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TOO. :P
14 years 4 days ago #11478

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re:Robotech "Prelude To The Shadow Chronicles"5/26/10

The extras will be worth spending the 17 bucks on the GN. I hope they show more Minmei and explain why Lynn Kyle was shot.
14 years 4 days ago #11481

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds