Robotech "Prelude To The Shadow Chronicles"5/26/10

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech "Prelude To The Shadow Chronicles"5/26/10

WALTRIP'S TALK ABOUT SENTINELS COMICS AND PRELUDE

OK. WE HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH THE WALTRIP BROTHERS IN OUR PODCAST AND TOMMY CAME AT THE END OF THE SHOW.

FROM WATRIP'S BROTHERS PAST, JASON AND JOHN TALK TO US ABOUT HOW THEY STARTED WITH ROBOTECH SENTINELS AND HOW BACK IN THE DAY THEY HAD TO FIND RESOURCES AT CONS TO WRITE THE SENTINELS AND HOW THEY MADE UP A LOT OF THINGS TO MAKE THE STORY FLOW.

WORKING FOR 3 DIFFERENT COMIC COMPANY'S TO MAKE SENTINELS.

HOW TOMMY GOT HOLD OF THE WALTRIP'S AND BROUGHT THEM TO DO PRELUDE AND THEIR THOUGHTS ON THEM.

TOMMY AT THE END TALKS ABOUT THE THE IMPORT TOYS FROM JAPAN, MINMEI IS THE GIRL IN THE GIANT BEAKER AND IT'S NOT JANICE.

AS WELL AS A PROBABLE SECOND CLUE ABOUT PRODUCTION.

EPISODE 12
www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.j...asterId=29738&cmd=tc

RAW FILE
recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-29738/TS-358534.mp3
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 10 months ago #12427

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Robotech "Prelude To The Shadow Chronicles"5/26/10

I got the trade of this. I like the idea but the story jumps a bit too much. The Edwards monster bit was a bit too much like Akira for me. I wish they had done more with the UEFF Bioroids and the Silverbacks. B)
11 years 1 month ago #20160

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: Robotech "Prelude To The Shadow Chronicles"5/26/10

MIlkManX wrote:

I got the trade of this. I like the idea but the story jumps a bit too much. The Edwards monster bit was a bit too much like Akira for me. I wish they had done more with the UEFF Bioroids and the Silverbacks. B)

The Edwards' monster ending almost mirrored the final REF assault on Optera from the McKinney's Sentinel novelization. Although the Waltrips did get their last hurrah when they've their hands in properly concluding their version of Sentinel with a bang (literally).

For me, it is a nice touch and tribute to McKinney duo & Waltrips brothers.
10 years 9 months ago #20426

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds