Re-Reading The Sentinels - Kindle Style

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: Re-Reading The Sentinels - Kindle Style

rtsurfer wrote:

What I was talking about is I read somewhere that there were actually supposed to be capital ships hidden under the skin, I was like whaaat?

As far as I know, its originally from The Sentinels Toy Faire video. Might also be in the script books or Robotech Art 3. Lang talks about the 'armada of military ships in the hold'. I would also point out that if you count it as defacto canon for The Sentinels, the REF is using both Southern Cross and Mospeada warships. They would have had a sizable fleet (at the very least) by the time the SDF-03 left. Leonard IS pissed at the news conference after all about the SDF-03 not being available for the Earth's defense (a not unreasonable position).
12 years 10 months ago #16359

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Re-Reading The Sentinels - Kindle Style

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

What I was talking about is I read somewhere that there were actually supposed to be capital ships hidden under the skin, I was like whaaat?

As far as I know, its originally from The Sentinels Toy Faire video. Might also be in the script books or Robotech Art 3. Lang talks about the 'armada of military ships in the hold'. I would also point out that if you count it as defacto canon for The Sentinels, the REF is using both Southern Cross and Mospeada warships. They would have had a sizable fleet (at the very least) by the time the SDF-03 left. Leonard IS pissed at the news conference after all about the SDF-03 not being available for the Earth's defense (a not unreasonable position).

YES, IT'S SAYS SO ON THE ROBOTECH ART 3.

WILL POST LATER ON IT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16361

• ps99041
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Re-Reading The Sentinels - Kindle Style

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

Still doesn't make sense for a FLEET of space ships to be INSIDE another larger ship though maybe handful could be presetn which isn't much of a "fleet". The "armada" Lang mentions is most likely the veritech squadrons. Leonard's behavior was also more likely due to him trying to turn public opinion against the REF, allowing the Southern Cross to take over which did occur.
12 years 10 months ago #16365

ROBOTECH ART 3
EPISODE 4 SECOND THOUGHTS
PG 65 THIRD COLUMN
NOTE 12

"Dr. Lang hopes that the ship's space fold mechanism will be able to hold up to the pressure of carrying this much weight through hyperspace. The Trojan Horse Strategy has placed the entire Robotech Expeditionary Force armada inside the gutted interior of the giant space battle fortress. The added weight might be to much."
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #16372

ps99041 wrote:

Still doesn't make sense for a FLEET of space ships to be INSIDE another larger ship though maybe handful could be presetn which isn't much of a "fleet". The "armada" Lang mentions is most likely the veritech squadrons. Leonard's behavior was also more likely due to him trying to turn public opinion against the REF, allowing the Southern Cross to take over which did occur.

DOES TO ME. A GOOD MILITARY TACTIC USED OVER AND OVER ESPECIALLY RECOGNIZED MORE BY THE TROJAN HORSE REFERENCE TO HOMER'S ODYSSEY. WHERE ULYSSES COMES UP WITH A TROJAN HORSE IDEA HIDING A SIZABLE SELECTIVE SOLDIERS TO GET BEHIND TROY'S WALLS.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #16373

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Re-Reading The Sentinels - Kindle Style

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ROBOTECH ART 3
EPISODE 4 SECOND THOUGHTS
PG 65 THIRD COLUMN
NOTE 12

"Dr. Lang hopes that the ship's space fold mechanism will be able to hold up to the pressure of carrying this much weight through hyperspace. The Trojan Horse Strategy has placed the entire Robotech Expeditionary Force armada inside the gutted interior of the giant space battle fortress. The added weight might be to much."

Thanks Memo, I wonder how large that gutted space/hold was supposed to be and how many capital ships it would hold?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16377

• ps99041
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I'm not saying they couldn't fit a few ships into the hull but I'd hardly call it a fleet, especially when they start building a fleet after being stranded in Tirol space. In addition, "armada" doesn't necessarily refer to capital ships as the GMU and fighters for 10,000 troops would also take up a substantial area. This problem is just compounded by the comics as they threw the SDF-4 and a few Garfish ships in orbit right after the SDF-3 became damaged.
12 years 10 months ago #16379

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: Re-Reading The Sentinels - Kindle Style

ps99041 wrote:

Leonard's behavior was also more likely due to him trying to turn public opinion against the REF, allowing the Southern Cross to take over which did occur.

Umm, The Army of the Southern Cross is the ground forces component of the REF. Again, if you listen to what Leonard actually says, he's pissed about the loss of the SDF-03.

Eps. #6 Hunter's Moon
Rick: I wish I could just order those troops back to base.
Breetai: What's stopping you?
Rick: Military protocol. When those troops are on the ground, they are under the direct jurisdiction of The Army of the Southern Cross. Edward's calls the shots.

Rick, according to Robotech Art 3 is a Major General of the Robotech Expeditionary Air Force. TR Edwards is the Commander of Ground Forces. The REF is a Combat Command ala CentComm, not a Service Branch.
12 years 10 months ago #16383

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

BTW, found this tidbit interesting...

Eps. #1 A New Threat
Vince Grant: The only thing I'm worried about is Colonel Edwards. Claudia told me about him. He was Roy's advisor during the global war back in 1999. I just don't trust him.

Advisor. Not exactly the 'goin to guns with Roy' as portrayed in other media.
12 years 10 months ago #16384

• ps99041
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Leonard's behavior was also more likely due to him trying to turn public opinion against the REF, allowing the Southern Cross to take over which did occur.

Umm, The Army of the Southern Cross is the ground forces component of the REF. Again, if you listen to what Leonard actually says, he's pissed about the loss of the SDF-03.

Eps. #6 Hunter's Moon
Rick: I wish I could just order those troops back to base.
Breetai: What's stopping you?
Rick: Military protocol. When those troops are on the ground, they are under the direct jurisdiction of The Army of the Southern Cross. Edward's calls the shots.

Rick, according to Robotech Art 3 is a Major General of the Robotech Expeditionary Air Force. TR Edwards is the Commander of Ground Forces. The REF is a Combat Command ala CentComm, not a Service Branch.

So you're saying that Marie Crystal is part of the REF since she was part of the air force? Hmmm...
12 years 10 months ago #16389

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds