Robotech Returns In Crossover With Voltron From Dynamite

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by herobot on topic Re: Robotech Returns In Crossover With Voltron From Dynamite

10 years 3 months ago #20853

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by herobot on topic Re: Robotech Returns In Crossover With Voltron From Dynamite

Interview:80s Anime Icons Collide! The ROBOTECH / VOLTRON Crossover Is Finally Here!

www.nerdyrottenscoundrel.com/2013/12/ani...obotech-voltron.html
10 years 3 months ago #20854

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Robotech Returns In Crossover With Voltron From Dynamite

We're getting these up here in Canada this weekend. They're stocking them just in time for the Christmas rush. :)
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
10 years 3 months ago #20856

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Returns In Crossover With Voltron From Dynamite

COMIC HYPE HAS A REVIEW AND SPOILER UP AS WELL.

Robotech/Voltron #1 Review
12/24/2013 by Mike

www.comichype.com/2013/12/24/robotechvoltron-1-review/

(Spoilers Ahead. Caution.) Robotech/Voltron opens up with a quick look at the Voltron Force, and Keith perhaps finally making is move and letting Allura know how he feels about her. All this is interrupted when Coran calls the team to face the threat of a comet that Voltron has faced in the past. Secret plans to defeat this threat were lost when Voltron was divided in the past, and the team is thrust headlong into a situation they could not possibly understand with an outcome the could not imagine. After assembling, Voltron disappears upon coming in contact with the comet. Years later, Lotor, now KING Lotor, arrives only to find the Castle of Lions in disarray, and Allura and the Space Explorers nowhere to be found.

On Earth, in the year 2009, and event occurs above earth right over the SDF-1, tearing through the fabric of reality. Voltron appears to have arrived in the middle of the Zentraedi conflict with Earth. As Captain Gloval attempts to space fold in time to avoid a near catastrophic collision, a still living Roy Fokker is parted quickly from his girlfriend, Claudia Grant, serving aboard the SDF-1.

Back on Macross Island, fire raining from the heavens as a result of a universal event, Ben Dixon and Max Sterling are running for safety, eventually running into Keith’s Black Lion, looking pretty beat up. A helicopter arrives, bearing Thomas Riley Edwards (Who was introduced in the Robotech: The Graphic Novel in 1986), who informs both individuals, who have seen an event of extreme military importance, that they must come with him.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
10 years 3 months ago #20859

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Returns In Crossover With Voltron From Dynamite

Voltron/Robotech now in Digital Download through ComiXology

www.comixology.com/Robotech-Voltron-1-of...al-comic/60443?app=1
10 years 3 months ago #20860

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

READ IT. SO HERE'S MY REVIEW...

WELL FOR VOLTRON/ROBOTECH #1 LOOKS DECENT ENOUGH. THOUGHT THE SPEED OF IT IS MEANT FOR A FAN THAT IS ALREADY HAS A KNOW OF BOTH ROBOTECH AND VOLTRON TO GET AN IDEA HOW THE EVENTS WORK TOGETHER.

THE VOLTRON STORY ALREADY LOOKS LIKE IT HAS ITS STORY STARTED DEEP IN THE TV SERIES, THOUGHT BACK AT MACROSS ISLAND THINGS ARE JUST STARTING FROM EPISODE 1.

THERE HINTS HERE AND THERE THROUGH THE COMIC ON FUNNY PUNTS (DID NOT THINK IT WAS FUNNY) ON WHAT LOOKS LIKE EASTER EGGS OF THE ORIGINAL SERIES OF MACROSS. MAKING THE COMIC FOR ME LESS INTERESTING AND LOOSING A LITTLE ON THE STORY. EXAMPLE THE MAX AND BEN SCENE AND THEIR DIALOGUE.

ALSO THE COMIC STORY FORGETS ABOUT ALL THE MILITARY AND ALIEN TECHNOLOGY THAT THE EARTH CIVILIANS HAD GOTTEN TO SEE WHEN THEY WERE BUILDING THE SDF-1, SO WHY IS EDWARDS ALREADY ACTING LIKE ANY OTHER NEW THING IS OF MILITARY IMPORTANCE FOR MAX AND BEN? MACROSS ISLAND IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE CIVILIANS IN THE KNOW ESPECIALLY WHERE THE ZENTRADI INVASION BATTLE IS HAPPENING. ANOTHER ALIEN TECHNOLOGY LIKE A LION SHOULD NOT BE A SURPRISE.

THOUGHT I SEE WHERE LUNK AND MAX STORY MIGHT END UP. THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE LIKE TO HAVE SEEN IT WRITTEN DIFFERENTLY.

SO WHAT I RATE IT...

STORY 7-10
JUST FOR THE SCENE OF MAX AND BEN WITH EDWRADS. THAT JUST KILLED IT FOR ME.

ART IS ABOUT 7-10.
THOUGHT MAYBE IS BECAUSE THE PANELS DID NOT NEED ENOUGH IN THERE ESPECIALLY WHEN VOLTRON COME TOGETHER. VOLTRON FORCE COMING TOGETHER HAS ALWAYS BEEN ICONIC FOR ME IN THE TV SERIES. THOUGHT IT FELT SOMETHING MISSING IN THE COMIC.

VOLTRON/ROBOTECH CROSSOVER.. 10-10
FOR THIS COMIC COMING TOGETHER STORY WISE NOT BAD. THOUGHT IT DOES FEEL RUSH.

MACROSS SCENES AND PANELS A 8-10
I GUESS I GOT USED TO UDON STUDIOS.

NOW THE WAIT ON VOLTRON/ROBOTECH 2
10 years 3 months ago #20861

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: Robotech Returns In Crossover With Voltron From Dynamite

I bought the 2nd issue. Much better than the first; the story's writing is much better paced..
10 years 3 weeks ago #20940

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

READ IT ONLINE...

PRETTY GOOD. MORE STORY MEAT THAN THE FIRST. THOUGHT VOLTRON ARC LOOSES ME. ALSO THE COLORS AND ART LOOKING MORE IMPROVED.
10 years 3 weeks ago #20941

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds