Untold Story

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Untold Story

Speaking of Untold Story I was at Fry's and saw Megazone 23 english dubbed on sale for $22 and was about to get it because I wanted to see how good it was before Carl was told to chop it up and add Masters to it then I read that one of the parts took a "Matrix" turn in the story and some how the protagonist was inside the A.I. so that made me put it back.

Anyone here thinks the Megazone 23 is worth looking to?
14 years 2 months ago #9307

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by LT-Grishnahck on topic Re:Untold Story

Anyone here thinks the Megazone 23 is worth looking to?

For whatever my opinion's worth, I say yes.

The Megazone series has some really good mecha action in it.

As far as any similarities to the Matrix, consider that the Megazone films are from the mid 80's. So, if anything, the Matrix copied them, not the other way around.

If I recall correctly, 2 of the 3 films takes place on a huge space ship that most of the passenger's are not even aware that they are not on Earth and on a space ship.

The animation is awesome (for 80's standards).

Again, that's just my opinion. However, I honestly don't think you'll find anyone say anything too negative about the Megazone movies.
"Anything is preferable to the domination of the Invid"

I'm with Supreme Commander Leonard.

HAIL TO THE D.O.L.
aka Hermann2 at RT.com

In the Middle Universe, evil fears Daltanias.
14 years 2 months ago #9308

Replied by Roganu on topic Re: Untold Story

What if HG decided to revisit Macek's original vision of the story with its own animation? I think the concept was a good one and I'd love to see something linking Macross to the Masters.

And, just as a side-note, Megazone 23 is the balls. I don't really care for the animation of the latter two parts, however. It's too far removed from their predecessor.
Robotech... Macross... I like 'em both.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15250

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Untold Story

Roganu wrote:

What if HG decided to revisit Macek's original vision of the story with its own animation? I think the concept was a good one and I'd love to see something linking Macross to the Masters.

And, just as a side-note, Megazone 23 is the balls. I don't really care for the animation of the latter two parts, however. It's too far removed from their predecessor.

If you had asked this question in the past, I would have said HG would never consider redoing The Movie as they want the Robotech story to move FORWARD. However, now that the brakes are temporarily on regarding Shadow Rising and the TNG sidequel is in production, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw this someday.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15253

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Untold Story

Roganu wrote:

YEAH. IT'S POSSIBLE NOW. IF THEY DID A RE ANIMATION OF IT AND GET RID OF CANNON VERSION OF THE STORY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 3 weeks ago #15262

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

if HG really continues filling in the gaps of the original 85, it's gonna lead to people question if Tommy and crew can create something truly original. hopefully, HG will move Robotech away from the original series before doing more side stories.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15267

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: Untold Story

ps99041 wrote:

if HG really continues filling in the gaps of the original 85, it's gonna lead to people question if Tommy and crew can create something truly original. hopefully, HG will move Robotech away from the original series before doing more side stories.

Tommy and Co. may have the talent to do something original, but because nothing that he's done has been earth shattering, he probably second guess himself do anything completely new and original with Robo-Tech.

IE: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster_the_Amazing_Bear

Buster is Tommy's only original comic series, that I never even hear of until today.

Tommy's other works:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Yune

Yes, he has earned some awards in the '90's. But that was then. Lets see something new and original from him now.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 3 weeks ago #15270

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Wow, that's a pretty obsure find. When I saw the bear design I was thinking maybe it was an updated Karbaran design but it's more like an Ewok.
13 years 2 weeks ago #15293

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: Untold Story

I'm not so sure if HG even have the rights to use Megazone 23's footages.

By all rights, they've been milking Mospeada's designs for atleast 2 animation productions (RTSC & upcoming RT 2012), 2 comics (RT: Invasion & PTTSC), 2 printed paperbacks (AotSC / RTSC RPG) and 2 games (RT Invasion console game & New Gen side scroller).

I expect more of unused & overused Mospeada designs will make its debut in 'future' (if any) RT productions ...

I've been thinking though .... is it hard enuff for HG to egg Tatsunoko to atleast commission a couple series of new Mospeada OAVs .... then ported to RT new animation products?
12 years 9 months ago #17162

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Untold Story

Protoculture wrote:

I'm not so sure if HG even have the rights to use Megazone 23's footages.

CORRECT. MEGAZONE DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS ARE WITH THE NOW BANKRUPT ADV.

By all rights, they've been milking Mospeada's designs for atleast 2 animation productions (RTSC & upcoming RT 2012), 2 comics (RT: Invasion & PTTSC), 2 printed paperbacks (AotSC / RTSC RPG) and 2 games (RT Invasion console game & New Gen side scroller).

I expect more of unused & overused Mospeada designs will make its debut in 'future' (if any) RT productions ...

YUP. THE VISUALS IS VERY IMPORTANT PART OF ROBOTECH.

I've been thinking though .... is it hard enuff for HG to egg Tatsunoko to atleast commission a couple series of new Mospeada OAVs .... then ported to RT new animation products?

WHY MOSPEADA? JUST GO DIRECTLY TO ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION. THAT WOULD BE BETTER. TSC IS ALREADY ONE OF THEM. AND MAYBE THIS NEW ANIMATION CONSIDERING IT WILL BE TAKING PART DURRING NEW GEN AS WELL.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 9 months ago #17172

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds