Robotech: Do You Remember ..... VF-13 Gamma?

• Protoculture
  • Protoculture's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 13

Robotech: Do You Remember ..... VF-13 Gamma? was created by Protoculture

Yes, seriously, any of you guys ever remember the pre-production art of a certain mecha touted by Tommy Yune back in 2002 as a replacement & new VF replacing VF/A-6 Alphas in future RT sequels?

The mysterious Gamma fighter, which got axed & replaced by another glorified Alpha-clone, the Super Alpha in RTSC!

Hereby the original, small, grainy image of the said Gamma fighter that is available on the Net since 2002 courtesy of RobotechResearch.com :

13 years 9 months ago #12568

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Protoculture
  • Protoculture's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:Robotech: Do You Remember ..... VF-13 Gamma?

While perusing the Net for VML-9 Silverback images, I've stumbled upon GIF img of VF-13 Gamma ... the best image so far in regards to the fighter that Tommy Yune designed ....

Sufficed to say .... thank God that VF-13 Gamma never made the final cut ... it looked iffy ...

Or click the image link here:

VF-13 Gamma Fighter Image Link

BTW, as it it a GIF img, so it is best advised that you guys clicked the img as per text link given above or viewed the img with a white background.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Protoculture.
13 years 9 months ago #12569

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech: Do You Remember ..... VF-13 Gamma?

I REMEMBER THAT.

NICE FOR BRINGING IT BACK. HEHEHE

PLANE IS NOT THAT BAD. TRANSFORMATION COMES OUT WEIRD. BUT THEN AGAIN, IT'S SOMETHING WE NOT USED TO LIKE THE ALPHAS.

HERE IS WHAT I THINK WHAT IT BECAME
www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=60

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 9 months ago #12570

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re:Robotech: Do You Remember ..... VF-13 Gamma?

No, that's the VF-4 last seen in Macross Flashback 2012 but it also made appearances in ep. 36 of the original series (as a model Rick was playing with) and Robotech: To the Stars TPB.

VF-13 was a modified Conbat fighter from Mospeada. It's a non-transformable fighter that Lancer flew. Eventhough the VF-4 and the Conbat are very similar they're not the same fighter.
13 years 9 months ago #12602

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech: Do You Remember ..... VF-13 Gamma?

YEAH, IT IS THE YF-4.

TOMMY WENT FROM THE CONBAT TO THE YF-4 IN 2003. ALSO, THE YF-4 MAKES AN APPEARANCE IN THE COMICS AS WELL.

ROBOTECH ZERO COMIC, WILDSTORM 2003, RICK HUNTER IS FLYING A PROTOTYPE.

THE STORY by Captain JLS
robotechcomics.blogspot.com/2007/07/robo...ildstorm-0-of-6.html

"At the dawn of the new millennium, the human race discovered they were not alone in the universe when an abandoned alien vessel crashed into the Earth. The bounty of advanced technology within would alter the course of human history. This alien technology was known as Robotech. A powerful alien race, the Zentraedi, would bring an age-old war to Earth. However, aided by the miracle of Robotechnology, the human spirit would prevail ..."

It is the year 2015. Veritech Wolf Squadron is in pursuit of a team of full-sized Zentraedi rebels who have stolen a cache of GU-11 gun pods. Wolf Leader Jack Archer radios headquarters and assures them that his team will intercept the rebels and recover the goods. As he tells his wing that they don't have authorization to use deadly force the Veritechs transform to Battloid mode and follow the rebels into what appears to be a drained reservoir. Suddenly, one of the rebels lets loose with a surprisingly loaded gun pod and the Battloids take cover. One pilot notices some approaching Monster Destroids. "Oh," he says, "looks like reinforcements. Guess base didn't think we could handle these stragglers on our--"

One of the Monsters fires -- and not at the Zentraedi. The blast takes the head off of a VF-1A Battloid. "Those are Zentraedi markings!" another pilot shouts. Indeed they are -- shoddily-painted blue Zentraedi insignias adorn the "noses" of the squat Destroid mecha. The Veritech team has been led into an ambush. The Destroids let loose on the Veritechs, firing everything they've got at the team. "Wolf Leader to base! Wolf Leader to base! We're taking heavy fire! We need back-up now! I repeat, we --"

"I heard you the first time, Wolf Leader ..."

A sleek new model of fighter plane with familiar yellow and black trim and skull & crossbone fin flash flies into the oncoming fire. "This is Skull Leader. Hold on, I'll have you out of there in no time!"

In the cockpit of his shiny new YF-4 Veritech Fighter, Rick Hunter pulls down on a familiar control lever marked "G." The jet begins to respond to the command, but it registers a malfunction. Instead of swooping down in Guardian mode, Rick is forced to lock onto the two Monsters with his missiles and knock 'em out the quick & dirty way. He fires and dives between them as the Monsters' weapons systems explode. "The Destroid Monsters have been neutralized," Rick tells Wolf Squadron. "We've deployed a full assault team to assist you in containment and clean-up." Wolf Squad thanks him as they take the full-sized Zentraedi rebels into custody.

Rick returns to Macross City with the YF-4 prototype, flying by the mounds that will stand as a monument to the fallen SDF-1 and cover over the rubble of that ship, Khyron's battlecruiser, and other remains from the Battle of New Macross City. As the Veritech touches down and screeches along the runway, Doctor Emil Lang runs up to demand a word with Hunter.

"Hello, Dr. Lang!" Rick says cheerily as he removes his flight helmet. "We're going to need a complete rundown of the YF-4's new transformation system ..." Lang demands to know what he was thinking, taking the prototype into battle.

"Had you been shot down, all of our research would have been lost ..." Lang says. Rick goes on about the transformation system, pointing out that the configuration actuators appear to seize up during a hard dive. "... and the Veritech advancement program would have suffered an enormous setback!" Lang finishes. He asks Rick to take the matter more seriously, but Rick counters that he takes this all very seriously; after all, if it hadn't been for the YF-4, some men's lives would have been lost. "Spoken like a true fighter pilot, I must say," Lang notes. "I wonder who taught you your priorities. Surely, it wasn't ..."

Rick is no longer listening; he's noticed that the VF-1S Skull One is in the hangar in Battloid mode. He asks what it's doing here. "Now that we're phasing out the first Veritech series," Lang explains, "we're preparing to disassemble Skull-One to perform a structural analysis of stress and fatigue. The data Would be invaluable since it is the oldest surviving VF-1 in our inventory." Rick says he must have missed it on the schedule. He apologizes for risking the prototype, and asks if they can continue at another time. Lang agrees, then adds that Admiral Hayes wanted him to remind Rick about his appointment tonight. Rick thanks him., then runs his hand along the mecha's canopy. "Well, old girl, Roy told me once that he thought you'd outlive him. But knowing Roy ... I thought he was just being dramatic."
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 9 months ago #12609

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Robotech: Do You Remember ..... VF-13 Gamma?

Protoculture wrote:

While perusing the Net for VML-9 Silverback images, I've stumbled upon GIF img of VF-13 Gamma ... the best image so far in regards to the fighter that Tommy Yune designed ....

Sufficed to say .... thank God that VF-13 Gamma never made the final cut ... it looked iffy ...

I actually kinda like the design as it would fill a gap in the TO&E left by Tommy when he decided the Condor wasn't a Veritech. Should be able to fulfill most of the Attack roles left open (though I doubt it has a centerline bomb bay like the Condor or Beta). BTW, notice the fact that its a two-seater? Damned thing is BIG (like VF-1 or larger sized).
13 years 8 months ago #12979

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds