2038 assault & the taking of Optera

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

2038 assault & the taking of Optera was created by Sushispook

So I tossed this question out over at rt.com, but I figure I'll ask here...

Are there any canonical resources (such as comics, etc) that describe the force deployment for the first attempt at re-taking the earth from the Invid in 2038? I'm curious about the number and types of vessels, planes, ground infantry (because they had to expect that they'd land on earth for ground action), and support personnel.

In that same vein, I'm curious about the assault on Optera. From what I recall from PTTSC, the SDF-3 went in alone (after the Tokugawa got wrecked) with no support vessels. I know they've got the Crusader-class dropships, but I'm curious if anyone has any idea on the number & type of Mecha & ground forces fielded.

I'm tossing around an idea for some fanfic regarding survivors of the 2038 attempt, and some of those plot ideas revolve around the number of ships, mecha, and personnel involved in both of those attempts. :)

Thanks guys! :)
12 years 7 months ago #17361

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: 2038 assault & the taking of Optera

Minimum Count
x3 Ikazuchi
x13 Garfish
x2 Horizon

At least 1 Reinforced Infantry Division just going by what could potentially be carried in the minimum count (Horizon = Company, Garfish = Battalion, Ikazuchi = Brigade Combat Team). Veritech mecha would add up to about 629 (26 squadrons, full Numbered Air Force I believe). Not an inconsiderable force to throw down.
12 years 7 months ago #17363

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: 2038 assault & the taking of Optera

"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 7 months ago #17366

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re: 2038 assault & the taking of Optera

Minimum Count
x3 Ikazuchi
x13 Garfish
x2 Horizon

At least 1 Reinforced Infantry Division just going by what could potentially be carried in the minimum count (Horizon = Company, Garfish = Battalion, Ikazuchi = Brigade Combat Team). Veritech mecha would add up to about 629 (26 squadrons, full Numbered Air Force I believe). Not an inconsiderable force to throw down.

This is really helpful! Thank you :)
12 years 7 months ago #17367

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: 2038 assault & the taking of Optera

Sushispook wrote:

Minimum Count
x3 Ikazuchi
x13 Garfish
x2 Horizon

This is really helpful! Thank you :)

Don't forget the Ikaz (or whatever you want to call it) and Izum.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 7 months ago #17368

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: 2038 assault & the taking of Optera

Sushispook wrote:

So I tossed this question out over at rt.com, but I figure I'll ask here...

Are there any canonical resources (such as comics, etc) that describe the force deployment for the first attempt at re-taking the earth from the Invid in 2038? I'm curious about the number and types of vessels, planes, ground infantry (because they had to expect that they'd land on earth for ground action), and support personnel.

In that same vein, I'm curious about the assault on Optera. From what I recall from PTTSC, the SDF-3 went in alone (after the Tokugawa got wrecked) with no support vessels. I know they've got the Crusader-class dropships, but I'm curious if anyone has any idea on the number & type of Mecha & ground forces fielded.

I'm tossing around an idea for some fanfic regarding survivors of the 2038 attempt, and some of those plot ideas revolve around the number of ships, mecha, and personnel involved in both of those attempts. :)

Thanks guys! :)

WAY TO GO. WILL BE A GOOD READ. OTHER THAN THE COMICS, SERIES AND BOOKS.. ARE JUST ABOUT THE ONLY SOURCES OUT THERE.

GOOD LUCK.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 7 months ago #17371

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: 2038 assault & the taking of Optera

Apart from Wildstorm's RT: Invasion comic series, HG had previously touched briefly on 2038's failed Earth reclamation mission by 10th Mars Division through a console game also known as RT: Invasion.

It begins when 10th Mars Division begins their ill fated attempt to liberate Earth in 2038AD. The character landed at Reflex Point and begins land assault supported by elements of resistance & 10th Mars Division survivors. The main character got vaped ... & he awoken in 2042 losing his memories & being rescued by a resistance cell ... thus joining the outfit in battling the Invid on their way to Reflex Point.

For detailed walkthrough of RT Invasion gameplay, characters & in-universe infos, head on to http://www.robotechresearch.com/
12 years 3 months ago #17852

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: 2038 assault & the taking of Optera

On that note, I humbly suggest you get your hands on the Art of Robotech the Shadow Chronicles (AoRTSC)

& also RTSC the RPG by Palladium Books.

12 years 3 months ago #17853

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds