ROBOTECH CODEX MECHA, SHIPS,VEHICLES, TECHNOLOGY

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH CODEX MECHA, SHIPS,VEHICLES, TECHNOLOGY

FIRST UP AT BAT IS PROTOCULTURE.

WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY AND HOW OF PROTOCULTURE.

I KNOW THIS IS VERY BROAD BUT TACKLING THIS WILL SAVE US A HUGE HEAD ACHE LATER.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9137

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Alois-Fisher on topic Re:ROBOTECH CODEX MECHA, SHIPS,VEHICLES, TECHNOLOGY

there are so many sources: tv serie, notes from Carl Macek (1985-1986), novels, comics, RPGs.
14 years 4 days ago #11529

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:ROBOTECH CODEX MECHA, SHIPS,VEHICLES, TECHNOLOGY

Memo, rang me up when you want to have a rip on the UNDF (UN Spacy) / UEDF (UEF/SCA) / UEEF mecha & ship sections.

I've been itching with all the images & supporting tech files.
13 years 7 months ago #13256

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH CODEX MECHA, SHIPS,VEHICLES, TECHNOLOGY

WELL PROTOCULTURE, GLAD TO SEE YOU STILL AROUND. I WILL BE DOING THE MASTER SAGA FIRST SINCE IT COVERS ALREADY MUCH OF WHAT WE NEED FOR INFO.

WOULD LIKE TO TRY EPISODE BY EPISODE FIRST. WHAT YOU THINK?

THIS INCLUDES,

MECHA
CHARACTERS
WHO DIES
WHO LIVES
TERMINOLOGYS
EPISODE GUIDE
ONE COULD EVEN ADD THE TIME AND AND FRAME CAPTURE IMAGE AS WELL.

ETC, ETC.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 7 months ago #13275

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: ROBOTECH CODEX MECHA, SHIPS,VEHICLES, TECHNOLOGY

After reviewing the Art of the Shadow Chronicles9Finally), I must say, with a potentially beefier budget, it actually may have been good. I like the design of the Shimizake class cruiser but prefer the sleeker design seen in the art books. That along with the concept sketches (not Tommy's) where the shin and elbow stripes were more of a shit guard style, were kinda of neat.

Also the Tokugawa "re-design" was sleeker and much better imo. After seeing the ship interior designs and what not, man I can only wonder what could have been had a more professional/experienced crew worked on this.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 10 months ago #16447

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH CODEX MECHA, SHIPS,VEHICLES, TECHNOLOGY

Richardmvela wrote:

After reviewing the Art of the Shadow Chronicles9Finally), I must say, with a potentially beefier budget, it actually may have been good. I like the design of the Shimizake class cruiser but prefer the sleeker design seen in the art books. That along with the concept sketches (not Tommy's) where the shin and elbow stripes were more of a shit guard style, were kinda of neat.

Also the Tokugawa "re-design" was sleeker and much better imo. After seeing the ship interior designs and what not, man I can only wonder what could have been had a more professional/experienced crew worked on this.

Hopefully, you'll get your wish when/if Shadow Rising ever comes out. Yeah, I know it's a long shot.
12 years 10 months ago #16460

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH CODEX MECHA, SHIPS,VEHICLES, TECHNOLOGY

Richardmvela wrote:

I'm too lazy to dig out my AotSC book, so this is from memory. Isn't the sleeker Shimizake class the one that was used in Prelude, IIRC I read somewhere they were all refit to the synchro canon version seen in SC.
Some of the concept/development sketches do look better that what was actually used in SC.

I think the Tokugawa "re-design" is awesome. It was also used in Prelude. I got the impression it was designed specifically for the purpose of destroying in Prelude as a transitional element from 85 series and sentinels to SC.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16461

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: ROBOTECH CODEX MECHA, SHIPS,VEHICLES, TECHNOLOGY

I really liked the redesigned Tokugawa as well. ,much more sleek. As for the Shimazake class,I was talking about the one that still had the synchro cannon but was more "stream lined". Funny thing is that the prelim/rough sketches look better then the final key art. That says something.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 10 months ago #16462

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds