THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE was created by MEMO1DOMINION

WE ALL KNOW ROBOTECH.

BUT DO WE KNOW THE MAKING OF IT? WHERE IT STARTED? WHO BEGAN IT'S ORIGINAL JAPANESE DESIGN SERIES AND WHO CONTRIBUTED LATER TO THE ROBOTECH UNIVERSE?

BELOW IS A LIST OF THE ANIMATED SHOWS AND WHAT WAS USED. LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET INFORMED ON THE ROBOTECH SHOW

SHOWS

ROBOTECH 85 EPISODES
(SDF MACROSS, THE SUPER DIMENSIONAL SOUTHERN CROSS, GENESIS CLIMBER MOSPEADA)

ROBOTECH UNTOLD STORY
(MEGAZONE 23)(7 MIN ending animated by The Idol Co. FOR ROBOTECH)

SENTINELS

ROBOTECH 3000

SHADOW CHRONICLES
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 6 months ago #7071

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE

IF YOU KNOW INFORMATION TO STORY, ANIMATORS, STORYBOARDS, DIRECTORS ETC, ETC,

LETS SEE IF WE CAN ADD AND SEE IF WE KNOW WHO DID WHAT AND WHAT WORK THESE GUYS DID LATER.
14 years 6 months ago #7072

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

WE ALL KNOW ROBOTECH.

CAPS LOCK IS NOT CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!!ONE!!!11

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BUT DO WE KNOW THE MAKING OF IT? WHERE IT STARTED? WHO BEGAN IT'S ORIGINAL JAPANESE DESIGN SERIES AND WHO CONTRIBUTED LATER TO THE ROBOTECH UNIVERSE?

Anybody who has the wherewithal to consult Wikipedia could easily find the answers to these questions. There's no need for a general appeal for information. Of course, I realize I'm talking to the man who once claimed Dana Sterling was a New Generation character, and routinely posts fraudulent claims about Harmony Gold's rights to Macross... so I'll take the time to spell out the obvious for you and we'll all cross our fingers and hope it sinks in.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ROBOTECH 85 EPISODES

Episodes 1-36 are a rewrite of Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Episode 37 was made from action sequences from episode 36 of Super Dimension Fortress Macross and dialogue sequences from episode 10 of Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross. Episodes 38-60 are a rewrite of Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross. Episodes 61-85 are a rewrite of Genesis Climber Mospeada.

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross series was created by Studio Nue under the sponsorship of Big West Advertising Co. Ltd., and animated by Tatsunoko Productions. The series was written by Kenichi Matsuzaki, Noboru Ishiguro, and Sukehiro Tomita. The show's character designs were created by Haruhiko Mikimoto, its mechanical designs were done by Shoji Kawamori and Kazutaka Miyatake. Its music was written by Kentaro Haneda.

Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross was created by Tatsunoko Productions under the sponsorship of Big West Advertising Co. Ltd.. The show's concept was developed by Akira Inoue and Yoshimasa Ohnishi. The show's character designs were done by Kogawa Tomonori, Miyo Sonoda, and Hiroyuki Kitazume. The mechanical designs were done by Ammonite (Hiroshi Ogawa, Hirotoshi Okura, and Takashi Ono). Its music was written by Ken Sato and Yuji Dan.

Genesis Climber Mospeada was creatd by Tatsunoko Productions and Artmic. The show's concept was created by Shinji Arimaki and Hideki Kakinuma, who also did the show's mechanical designs. The show was written by Sukehiro Tomita, Satoshi Namika, Ryo Yasumura, and Kenji Terada. Its character designs were done by Yoshitaka Amano. Much of the music was composed and arranged by Joe Hisaishi.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ROBOTECH UNTOLD STORY

A rewrite of Megazone 23 incorporating parts from Southern Cross.

Megazone 23 was created by Shinji Aramaki and Noboru Ishiguro of Artmic, and produced by Artmic, AIC, and The Idol Co.. The show's character designs were done by Haruhiko Mikimoto, Toshihiro Hirano, and Toshitaka Hirano. Its mechanical designs were done by Artmic. The music was done by Shiro Sagisu and Hiroaki Serizawa.

The story was rewritten, and spliced together with material from Southern Cross, with a new ending animated by The Idol Co.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SENTINELS

Robotech II: the Sentinels was created by Harmony Gold USA and Tatsunoko, and animated by Tatsunoko. Early drafts were originally written by Sukehiro Tomita and Hiroshi Oonogi, because the Japanese production staff was not familiar with Robotech they were replaced by Ardwight Chamberlain, Carl Macek, and Steve Kramer. The show's few new mechanical designs were done by Naito Anmo. Because Harmony Gold and Tatsunoko were unable to use the original Macross character designs, and didn't want to pay for Haruhiko Mikimoto's services, new character designs for the existing Macross Saga characters were created by animation director Ippei Kuri. The aborted show's music was done by Arlon Ober, Jack Golga, Michael Bradley, Randal Rummage, and Steve Wittmack.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ROBOTECH 3000

Robotech 3000 was created by Harmony Gold USA and animated by Netter Digital. Very little in the way of production information is available, except that its story concept was created by Carl Macek. After the cancellation of the CG series, Tatsunoko attempted to revive it as an animated series, but the project was canceled.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SHADOW CHRONICLES

Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles was created by Harmony Gold USA, and animated by DR Movie. It was written by Tommy Yune, Steve Yun, and Tom Bateman, with a screenplay by Ford Riley and Frank Agrama. I'm too lazy to dig out that dreadful movie's DVD to see who did the mecha designs, (it's probably Scott Benefiel and Dong-Wook Lee), the character designs were done by Tommy Yune, Long Vo, and Ki-Du Kim. The new music was done by Scott Glasgow.

If you want the filmographies of the various people involved in each show, feel free to just search IMDB, it'll be a heckuva lot faster.
14 years 6 months ago #7087

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE

Goodness you're a freak of information.

is this all coming from your head or in combination with google searches?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #7088

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

SETO

I realize I'm talking to the man who once claimed Dana Sterling was a New Generation character, and routinely posts fraudulent claims about Harmony Gold's rights to Macross... so I'll take the time to spell out the obvious for you and we'll all cross our fingers and hope it sinks in.

HEHEHE, SAW THE POST AND FIGURED JUST TO LEAVE IT AS IS. KNEW IT WOULD GET PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT. SURE ENOUGH, I SEE YOU STILL DO. :P
14 years 6 months ago #7092

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

GOOD ONE SETO ON THE INFO. WAS JUST TOLD OF SOMETHING ELSE. YEAH, THERE IS WIKI AND THE ANN NETWORK WITH INFO. FASTER TO JUST CLICK. BUT ALSO INTERSTED IN THE GOOD STUFF.

ON UNTOLD STORY

with a new ending animated by The Idol Co.

I WAS TOLD THE LAST 7 MINUTES WAS DONE FOR ROBOTECH ONLY. WHICH SOME RECOGNIZE AS THE AMERICAN MEGAZONE (KINDA LIKE SOME SAY SHADOW CHRONICLES IS MOSPEADA PLUS). SO THE GUYS THAT DID MEGAZONE ALSO WORKED ON A ROBOTECH PRODUCTION. NICE.
14 years 6 months ago #7093

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE

SIGHUP wrote:

Goodness you're a freak of information.

is this all coming from your head or in combination with google searches?

Nah, this is a mix of stuff from memory and stuff out of my fairly sizable collection of official artbooks and the like. Didn't have to resort to those for Macross, but I did have to dig out This is Animation #10 for Southern Cross, and Art of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles for RTSC.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I WAS TOLD THE LAST 7 MINUTES WAS DONE FOR ROBOTECH ONLY. WHICH SOME RECOGNIZE AS THE AMERICAN MEGAZONE (KINDA LIKE SOME SAY SHADOW CHRONICLES IS MOSPEADA PLUS). SO THE GUYS THAT DID MEGAZONE ALSO WORKED ON A ROBOTECH PRODUCTION. NICE.

"Some"? I've NEVER heard ANYONE, even Robotech fans, refer to that as "the American Megazone". About the only nickname I've ever seen anyone call that movie by (and I'm including Robotech fans in this) is "A story better left untold".

If you actually sit down and watch Robotech: the Untold Story, you'll be quietly astonished by just how poorly animated the new ending is... though the schizophrenically inconsistent quality in the body of the film (caused by the mixing of 35mm and 16mm film stock) does tend to mitigate the impact of the low quality a bit.
14 years 6 months ago #7095

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

SETO

"Some"? I've NEVER heard ANYONE, even Robotech fans, refer to that as "the American Megazone". About the only nickname I've ever seen anyone call that movie by (and I'm including Robotech fans in this) is "A story better left untold".

NOT THE WHOLE MOVIE. JUST THE LAST 7 MINUTES OF IT. THE "HAPPY"ENDING SO TO SPEAK. BUT YES, OLD TERM USED.
THERE IS THE ORIGINAL T.V. SERIES AND "THE AMERICAN" 7 MINUTES.
TERM USED BY FANS THAT I TALK TO.

SETO, I HAD TO SEE FROM A BAD VHS. AT THE MW CON THERE WAS A MUCH CLEANER VERSION FROM ITS ORIGINAL TAPES ON DVD.
14 years 6 months ago #7096

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

JUST A QUICK NOTE BEFORE I FORGET, SINCE THE WORK ON ROBOTECH CODEX, I BEEN TALKING TO FANS AND I AM LEARNING A LOT. I AM TRYING TO SEE IF I CAN DO A SUM UP HERE IN THIS THREAD TO SEE HOW I CAN WORK AND CLEAN THINGS UP. KEEPING IT OPEN SO FANS ALL OVER CAN CHIME IN ON THEIR THOUGHTS.

AND WILL TRY TO KEEP IT AS CLEAN TO ROBOTECH AS I CAN.
14 years 6 months ago #7097

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Alois-Fisher on topic Re:THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE

Seto, You´re wrong, Memo is right, according some artbooks of Megazone 23 they called the Untold version as “THE AMERICAN MEGAZONE” and used some captures of the last 7 minutes, MADE JUST AND ONLY FOR ROBOTECH. The “happy End” version is not running in the original Japanese OVA. You maybe Never heard Anyone… but so you maybe SHOULD try to read the Japanese artbook for check it. Not in the net, find the ARTBOOKS, paper. licensed information.
14 years 6 months ago #7098

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds