THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SO FAILURE IN JAPAN IS... SUCCESS AROUND THE WORLD AS ROBOTECH.

You must have a very strange definition of "success".

While it's true Southern Cross has gotten far more exposure as part of Robotech than it ever did alone, the show is still a commercial failure with practically no merchandise of any kind. Even as part of Robotech, people still hate Southern Cross with a passion.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THERE WAS MUCH MORE GOING ON AT THE HG BUILDING FOR THE 9 MONTHS THAT ROBOTECH WAS BEING MADE. ACTORS SLEEPING AT THE BUILDING, TO MUCH COFFEE, AND NOT JUST REBA, BUT OTHERS HITTING THE BARS THAT WERE ACROSS THE STREET FOR BREAKS.

There's a world of difference between the cast hitting the bars for breaks and having to get one of the voice actors drunk so she would have the courage to record her lines.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HECK, I HEARD THINGS FROM THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE CREATORS AS WELL.. BUT THAT WOULD BELONG IN ANOTHER FORUM. ANYTHING TO CALM THE NERVES.

Whether those things you claim to have heard are actually accurate or come from a legitimate source is doubtful in the extreme. The bit about Reba having to get buzzed to work up the courage to record her songs comes directly from the voice actress herself.
14 years 6 months ago #7139

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:THE MAKING OF ROBOTECH UNIVERSE

SETO

The bit about Reba having to get buzzed to work up the courage to record her songs comes directly from the voice actress herself.

HEARD THAT AT PAST CONS. BUT THAT AIN'T NOTHING COMPARED TO CARL MACEK STORY OF 2 GIRLS AND A BATHTUB AND HOW UNTOLD STORY CAME ABOUT (WAS TOLD AT LAST COMIC CON) HAD EVERYONE LAUGHING. WHILE TOMMY AND STEVE JUST FACE PALMED. TO BAD MY VIDEO WENT TO CRAP. BUT IT CAN BE SEEN BETTER IN T.V.

WHERE YOU MIGHT FIND A PROBLEM, I FIND A GOOD STORY IN MAKING OF ROBOTECH.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 6 months ago #7140

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds