What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

• Ghost-Maker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth? was created by Ghost-Maker

Thinking back on Robotech Macross saga,I been wondering about what caused the SDF-1 to crash into Earth.I mean the Zentradi do alot of folding and seem to dodge moons and blackholes and other planets.But how could Zor and his crew mess up coordinates and crash land on Earth?Because Breetai never mentioned when he noticed it was rebuilt that the crew would not let the micronians "have it" and because Exedore said maybe all were killed in crash landing and the only damage seems to be from the crash itself.

I am thinking the ship also could have been abandoned and set in auto pilot fold because we all see Zor in Robotech Masters.

One thing to note is that how the ship landed on a small lightly populated island avoiding crashing into the land or ocean.Possibility someone stayed til the end making sure the SDF-1 did not crash to bits or was it a very good auto pilot?
14 years 5 months ago #7216

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

Ghost Maker wrote:

Thinking back on Robotech Macross saga,I been wondering about what caused the SDF-1 to crash into Earth.I mean the Zentradi do alot of folding and seem to dodge moons and blackholes and other planets.But how could Zor and his crew mess up coordinates and crash land on Earth?Because Breetai never mentioned when he noticed it was rebuilt that the crew would not let the micronians "have it" and because Exedore said maybe all were killed in crash landing and the only damage seems to be from the crash itself.

For all intents, the SDF-1 crashed by accident. probably de-folded too close to Earths gravitational field. Its true in that the Zentradi fold multiple times without crashing into stuff, unless you count Khyron who does it for kicks. However, those are manned. The SDF-1 had no crew when it de-folded, 'high above the atmosphere' lol. Logic would dictate the ship had been running on an automated fold jumping operation, to escape the pursuers. Even a super computer can get rattled with calculations, and an error in co-ordinates, although slight, could have caused the ship to fold where it did.

I am thinking the ship also could have been abandoned and set in auto pilot fold because we all see Zor in Robotech Masters.

That is true, because by the time it reaches Earth Zor is deceased. The Masters cloned the body & mind of Zor. The narrator points out that the original Zor was deceased. Zor being of a scientist and advocate of peace, probably wouldn't have put himself in a position as to be a slave to the manned protection of the SDF-1

One thing to note is that how the ship landed on a small lightly populated island avoiding crashing into the land or ocean.Possibility someone stayed til the end making sure the SDF-1 did not crash to bits or was it a very good auto pilot?

The ship had a 1-in-3 chance of hitting land. The ship couldn't have landed there for the point of saving the indigenous life, as the ships path, destroyed at least one city, given the animation. The Narrator stated that the hull took the force of the crash leaving the techno-systems of the ship intact. A sacrificial pilot to steer the ship? lol, sounds like something Zor would do, however, there were no alien remains found on the ship, so its highly unlikely.
14 years 5 months ago #7217

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Zor-Prime on topic Re:What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

Okay..here's a thought.. and get ready cuz it could bake your noodle if you think hard about it.... Suppose this crash was no accident...Of all the planets this ship crashhed on it came to earth and if you follow the story this is a histroy making event ..From the crash onward. What if teh SDF-1 was made by Zor, and he was teh future son or grandson of Rick hunter. In the original storyline the SDF-3 losses power and falls into a time vortexand lands on Tirol... but still has an active protoculture matrix. It would stem to reason that since they coul not leave the planet they could survive and grow, turning to proto culture to power equipment and life suuporrt..(remember the robotech masters and using thy matrix to sustain and influence life) who's to say a few generations goes by and the very sam humans are truly infact.....THE ROBOTECH MASTERS.... And Zor is the young brilliant scientist who gets things going, from protoculture to the romance with the invid regess.
14 years 5 months ago #7220

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!

Replied by Lancer on topic Re:What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

Well according to the books the SDF-1 was sent to Earth by Zor on purpose...It shot out like a bat outta hell and was intentionally guided to Earth by a handful of Zor's closest followers to keep the Protoculture Matrix from the RT Masters. He was not thrilled w/ what they were doing w/ Protoculture.
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
14 years 5 months ago #7221

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

We really can't say.

I can see a couple possibilities:

Zor or his disciples sent the battlefortress on a blind fold jump to keep it out of the hands of the Robotech Masters, and trusted that it would be lost forever or destroyed by local celestial phenomena when it emerged.

Zor's disciples made the fold jump to escape the pursuing Zentradi fleet, but were killed or forced to abandon ship prior to reaching their destination (which may have been Earth), either a rallying point for their forces, or a new base where they could rebuild for a fresh offensive, and the ship's uncontrolled crash was a result of battle damage inflicted by the Zentradi. (This possibility has the strongest support, from dialogue in the Masters Saga where the Masters thought the ship likely still had a DoZ crew)

Zor or his disciples intentionally sent the battlefortress to Earth because the planet had some significance to Zor. (The McKinney novels approach)
14 years 5 months ago #7222

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

AGREED WITH SETO AND LANCER.

FROM WHAT I POSTED IN RT.COM

THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE IS A COMPUTER THAT IS STILL ACTIVE AND TOOK THE FIRST SHOT AGAINST IT'S OWNER. (ALIEN TECHNOLOGY).

A COMPUTER THAT WAS GOING BY ZOR'S ORDER.(ALIEN TECHNOLOGY)

A COMPUTER THAT COULD FOLD FROM SYSTEM TO SYSTEM, RECALCULATE (ALIEN TECHNOLOGY)AND HIT A SMALL ISLAND FROM SPACE.

AND AS WELL AS MAKE THE FOLD SYSTEM DISAPPEAR.

THAT COMPUTER HAD AN ALIEN VIRUS.

EDIT TO ADD:
YOU KNOW, I WOULD THINK YOU DON'T NEED SOMEONE ON BOARD. IF THIS COMPUTER RESEMBLES ANYTHING OF WHAT IT CONTAINS TO BE AN ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY OF THAT OF HUMAN BEINGS, THE COMPUTER OR SYSTEMS COULD EASY RECALCULATE WHERE TO HIT. EVEN IN IT'S TRAJECTORY AS TO MINIMIZE HUMAN CASUALTY.

WHY I THINK IT ALSO PICKED AN ISOLATED ISLAND. AND YOU KNOW, IT DID NOT ATTACK THE HUMANS. ZOR SCHEME OF THINGS TO COME? AND THE SHIP ONLY FIRED UPON IT'S OWNERS, THE ZENTRADI.

WHY DID ZOR PICK EARTH? AND WHY THE HUMANS?
HERE IS THE POSSIBLE ANSWER. WHEN BREETAI AND EXIDORE HAD A CONVERSATION ABOUT HUMANS AND THE WARNING.(POST BACK AS SOON AS I FIND THE TIME OF EPISODE FROM YOUTUBE)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 5 months ago #7228

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

Easy, it was installed with windows Vista

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 5 months ago #7229

Replied by mage on topic Re:What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

HappyPenguins wrote:

Easy, it was installed with windows Vista

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
target by association

Proud Ecksbawks 360 owner
14 years 5 months ago #7231

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

LMAO @ HP, i was gonna say the same thing!
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 5 months ago #7242

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:What caused the SDF-1 to crash on Earth?

haha I beat you to it =p

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 5 months ago #7250

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds