Reflex Point exact location?

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

MAGE

what has been seen cannot be unseen

3 MOUNDS?

AND MONUMENT CITY FROM THE MASTERS SHOULD HAVE BEEN NEAR AS WELL.

SIGH IS RIGHT, THE MAP THAT SCOTT AND TEAM HAD WAS MORE OF A HAND MADE OR COPIED, IF YOU WANT TO ADD TO THE STORY. WHY IT LOOKS VERY CARTOONY. BUT THIS IS A CARTOON RIGHT?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #7356

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

MAGE

3 MOUNDS?

AND MONUMENT CITY FROM THE MASTERS SHOULD HAVE BEEN NEAR AS WELL.

[delurk]
But I thought it was well-known to all Robotech fans that the SDF-1 landed in Alaska...
[/delurk]
14 years 5 months ago #7359

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

Gubaba wrote:

[delurk]
But I thought it was well-known to all Robotech fans that the SDF-1 landed in Alaska...
[/delurk]

It's just one of many screwy continuity errors caused by haphazardly combining Macross and Mospeada... either that or Harmony Gold actually expects RT fans to believe that you can see the great lakes region from Alaska. (former governor Palin says she can see Russia, so that might actually fly with some people...)
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Seto-Kaiba.
14 years 5 months ago #7360

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

Or maybe the Rain of Death caused east and west to be reversed!
14 years 5 months ago #7361

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by mage on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

MAGE

3 MOUNDS?

never played a Legend of Zelda game? it looks like the triforce :ohmy:

Kilroyleader wrote:

I love how the only one of the Great Lakes on this map is Lake Michigan.

i like to think the others were evaporated during the zentradi and invid assaults on the planet, but then again this is my own opinion
target by association

Proud Ecksbawks 360 owner
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by mage.
14 years 5 months ago #7445

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

MAGE

i like to think the others were evaporated during the zentradi and invid assaults on the planet, but then again this is my own opinion

YOU KNOW, MAYBE THE INVID HAVE TO USE UP A LOT OF WATER TO BUILD THEIR HQ. THAT THING TAKES UP A LOT OF SPACE AS WELL.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #7462

Replied by Kilroyleader on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

MAGE

YOU KNOW, MAYBE THE INVID HAVE TO USE UP A LOT OF WATER TO BUILD THEIR HQ. THAT THING TAKES UP A LOT OF SPACE AS WELL.

It might be that Invid Protoculture production, or the environment inside of the COLOSSAL Reflex Point, requires that much water. I would find it odd, though, that Huron would have been drained and Michigan not, when Michigan is closer. In that case it's possible that the decades of pollution wreaked on Lake Michigan could be the reason.
14 years 5 months ago #7662

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

In TSC in the very beginning when Marcus and Alez are doing recon, there is a brief moment where reflex point is shown on earth as the red ley lines, and it seems to encompass a large portion of N.E. America and S.E. Canada possibly the great lakes area to New England and Toronto. Just my take, cant be exact though.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
14 years 5 months ago #7667

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

MAGE

While I'm aware that RTSC doesn't exactly take pains to be accurate to the original Mospeada animation, in the Art of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles book, there's one graphic of Reflex Point's position and layout included with the "Earth in 2044 AD" section on page 34. It depicts Reflex Point's main Invid hive as being centered around the area between Weidman and Big Rapids, Michigan, covering most of central Michigan and extending out into Saginaw bay. The main hive has satellite hives in several places, including one on the north shore of Lake Superior, one on the south shore occupying most of the upper peninsula, one in southeast Wisconsin, four in Canada around Lake Huron and between Huron and Ontario, one on the Michigan-Ohio border, and one in the general vicinity of Battle Creek, Michigan.
14 years 4 months ago #8198

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Reflex Point exact location?

This is the original line art for the map from the new Mospeada Complete Art Works Book

;)
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by Lobizon.
14 years 4 weeks ago #10812

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds